Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:54:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to solo mine, with multiple workers, and also switch cryptocurrencies?  (Read 1838 times)
SIGNW (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 04:14:34 PM

This is a bit of a generic question not exactly just for BTCs (actually, my setup will probably just involve altcoins at first), but I think it could be useful to get a guide set up as more people are in my boat, and I'd like to document my setup for other people. Potentially, it could be possible to start up a pool for variance-tolerant altcoin profitability miners, where individual miners would receive entire block rewards (minus a very small fee, since there is no variance risk to operator), and have block rewards sent directly to a trading account. Basically, I want to be able to set up Multipool.us, for my own pool of miners. This could lead to a low-cost pool that just hosts all the blockchains for the various cryptocurrencies, and currency-hops for profitability.

The boat I'm in:
~1500Kh/sec Scrypt, ~1.6Gh/sec SHA-256 (powered by 7850s), looking to expand once I get things started
Hashing power is in location B (nice, secure, air-conditioned), but I'd like a control machine in location A, and I'd like to combine my media server with this crypto-mining server.

Problem with Multipool: takes too long to accumulate coins to exchange to BTC. Want to reduce BTC/Altcoin exchange rate variance
Problem with Middlecoin: very low efficiency with my 7850s

I'm looking to do the following:
Have workers in Loc B connect to a control machine in Loc A
Control machine will be directing solo mining, and doing profitability hopping between different altcoins. (I don't mind the mining variance).

Thoughts on setup:
1. Set up altcoin-qt on server machine for all the altcoins
2. Allow incoming connections from workers
3. Blockchains are downloaded, workers are connected
4. Set up workers in cgminer with a list of "pools" (i.e. the different ports) from the control machine, in --load-balance
5. Set up control machine to shut off ports to non-profitable coins, forcing workers to mine the most profitable coin
6. As an alternative to 4&5, set up control machine to automatically mine the most profitable coin, a la Multipool.us

Any ideas on how to start this process?

purelithium

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:47:51 PM

Why not stick with Multipool, their automatic BTC cashout will be coming soon.

Like my post? 1H7bfRYh7F89mfmFgsRCdn4awDaUHQmYqY
SIGNW (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:56:13 PM

Yeah, I saw that, but it's looking like it's taking a while to implement--Cryptsy has an auto-sell feature right now though that works, but I'd like to see selling without having to wait for confirmations. I'm sticking with Multipool for the time being though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: