Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:50:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MATERIALISM  (Read 223 times)
UrKarma

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:53:09 PM

Materialism which proclaims the primacy of matter has its specific ethical consequences  it is selfishness and money-grubbing. After all no one wants to live in a society made up of egoists and money-grubbers.
Everyone understands what this threatens. But when the priorities are wrong in the society; when the material and spiritual balance is grossly violated then the consequences are inevitable. Then people lose the ability to love.  Embarrassed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:57:00 PM

What are the positive and negative impacts of MATERIALISM?

I cannot see any positive impact as to materialism only thr fact that you need not to borrow something or anything to someone.  But as to materialism as buying anything that you want and having effects on your finances then it should be stopped.  Those whose happiness came from material things are poor ones, poor souls. 
bongens

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:21:21 PM

Materialism refers to a cultural value placed on the accumulation of material possessions, a process in which people base their sense of themselves, their well-being, and social standing on possession.
Rena5

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:05:47 PM

I viewed materialism in two sides: Positive ..having or buying a lot of things for self satisfaction.Satisfying wants is good when you have the capacity or money to buy for it.Updated from the latest brand and fashions in clothing,gadgets,appliances and so on.
Negative..it drives you to become a addict shoppers .A person becomes a impulsive buyers of whatever things that attracts his sight.

●                   ►                   ●      B I T C O I N   V I D E O   C A S I N O      ●                   ◄                   ●
Slots    Video Poker    Blackjack     ──  Classic fun for serious players  ──     Craps    Roulette    Keno    Dice
////////////////////////   PROGRESSIVE JACKPOT   ///   PROVABLY FAIR   ///     REFERRAL PROGRAM     ////////////////////////
lovepale

Activity: 105

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:06:36 PM

Materialism is a sign of a good character that the word practical is applied but sometimes being a practical in living doesn't mean materialism.
The word materialism is to be grasp my all people. No one on earth does not a material person. Materialism is use too much that result to a person who can't manage self emotions, self wants just to satisfy what the wants of the body that cause other to an abusive person that always wants to gain material things. Sometimes people focus on this kind of emotion just to meet the wants.
Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:15:17 PM

I think the positive impact of being materialism is that you'll set goals just to get what you want. You'll work had just to get the material things that you want in life. There are also negative impacts of course. Some of the negative impact of being materialistic is that it will be hard for you to be contented on what you have and will aim for more things. You can't appreciate every little things that you have because you want more material things in life.
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:12:14 PM

It is true you get money and financial growth  by being an material person but i for example i like the illuminism, i like to put the soul at the first place and after that comes the material needs.
Zanuar003

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:24:34 PM

in my opinion Materialism does not recognize the existence of nonmaterial entities like gods, angels, demons, spirits, etc. The only reality is material and everything is a manifestation of material activity. The material and activities are eternal.
paras20

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:39:54 AM

We Filipino I observe that we are materialistic we go with the flow when new arrivals and new style for dressing we follow and buy something new so that we can achieve a new style etc
hugoworld

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:01:50 PM

There is no positive thing about materialism. Because, materialism make people more greedy and evil. Desiring to have a lot of things are destroying human souls for sure.

EMP

▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬

ICO START:
10 SEPT 2018
ClumsySmile45

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:05:18 PM

There is no positive thing about materialism. Because, materialism make people more greedy and evil. Desiring to have a lot of things are destroying human souls for sure.

I think there's a positive thing about materialism. Because materialism can drive you, making you more aggressive to reach your goal. The positive effect would be, is it will make you goal driven.
PIR

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:40:46 AM

Materialism as it best can keep you updated, make you look famous, rich and trendy if you have all the money to spend all of it but if not.. it's a big problem.. on the other hand, materialism can make you bad, makes you poor and slaves.. depending on the degree of your fashion or obsession to it. if you can afford to live a luxurious life nothing to worry about but if not, better check yourself from time to time.. to see if what you wants or want to buy fall on is base on needs or wants

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |    DISCORD    |     TELEGRAM
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:33:31 AM

I am not thinking about the negative side of materialism. I was always looking at the positive side of things and we all know that a materialistic person will do anything to get what he/she wants. If can be positive if its channeled the right way. He/she will be inspired to work and strive for the best to get the things or accomplish something. I always aim to buy things so that I'll be inspired to work even more. I am doings as a reward for my self for all of the hard work that I have done. There is nothing wrong with that as long as I'm not taking advantage of someone. Gold diggers was a different story. Lets not talk about them.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Angna27

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:45:35 AM

Materialism has both positive and negative effect, positive effect, you get updated in the latest, style, gadget, dress, shoes, equipment and more. Somehow your in top trends, you will not be left behind you got many friends connected to you, it can also be convenient and accessible at time. But too much of it will harm you, if you do not know to control yourself, if you live within of your budget its ok but if not, you will end up poor and lots of credit. And sometimes your life seems not complete without it, your life revolved around your wants more thank your needs. It become addiction of you lose control.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |
   DISCORD    |  TELEGRAM
shkrz

Activity: 65
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:53:41 AM

Most interesting stuff is we can't say crypto is material asset.
ezajavo

Activity: 405
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:24:20 PM

Make it free yourself from the material world, recognize inside yourself that's you in active conditions. In this way you can prevent the influence of materialism hinders your inner growth
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: