Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:24:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dual Xeons?  (Read 2501 times)
flamebirdstudios (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:32:23 PM

So Im upgrading my desktop to dual xeons and I need to find a new case that will fit with the motherboard. I suck at knowing whether something fits or not unless I just stick it in to find out. This is the motherboard I will be ordering: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007KGXY0K/ref=gno_cart_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

My question is, will it fit in the NZXT Switch 810? And not just fit, but will the Cpu's have enough space, are the holes lined up right? and things like that. Thank you Smiley And ifit doesnt fit, what case looks cool/stylish and could fit that motherboard? My second choice is Lian-Li PC-A76
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinsucker1

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:59:37 PM

Just a question... why? 

Are you running simulation programs like ansys or something?

http://bitbook.biz/?referer=bitcoinsucker Bet on League of Legends games with bitcoins!
conceptxp

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:31:19 PM

So Im upgrading my desktop to dual xeons and I need to find a new case that will fit with the motherboard. I suck at knowing whether something fits or not unless I just stick it in to find out. This is the motherboard I will be ordering: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007KGXY0K/ref=gno_cart_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

My question is, will it fit in the NZXT Switch 810? And not just fit, but will the Cpu's have enough space, are the holes lined up right? and things like that. Thank you Smiley And ifit doesnt fit, what case looks cool/stylish and could fit that motherboard? My second choice is Lian-Li PC-A76

Rosewill Blackhawk EATX - have lots of room and good price.
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:19:12 AM

all ATX compliant MBs will fit in ATX cases.
conceptxp

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:25:13 AM

Rosewill Blackhawk EATX - have lots of room and good price.

Will the motherboard with dual xeons fit? like the holes where the motherboard mounts and stuff

That chassis will hold HPTX.  If you remember EVGA SR-X or SR-2
Model is actually call Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra.
Philj6970

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 09:16:31 PM

You may be better off buying a Mac Pro, new if money is no object, or older used one if it is.

I have an old Mac Pro 1,1 (2006) with dual Quad core Xeons @ 2.66ghz and its easily the fastest machine I ever had, and I had a few.

The later Mac Pro's have dual 6 core Xeons, but you need a lottery win first  Grin

edit:  stay away from the 1,1 and 2,1 machines as the boot system (EFI) is 32 bit and they are not able to run the latest OSX. You are not limited to Mac operating system tho, Windoze or Linux work fine with these great machines
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:45:55 AM

edit:  stay away from the 1,1 and 2,1 machines as the boot system (EFI) is 32 bit and they are not able to run the latest OSX. You are not limited to Mac operating system tho, Windoze or Linux work fine with these great machines

There's a way around anything...

I'm running a Mac Pro 1,1 with the 2,1 firmware and the Chameleon hack to get disk based emulated 64bit EFI on Mountain Lion. Rock solid with no issues and much easier to do than most people think.

flamebirdstudios (OP)

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:03:43 AM

You may be better off buying a Mac Pro, new if money is no object, or older used one if it is.

I have an old Mac Pro 1,1 (2006) with dual Quad core Xeons @ 2.66ghz and its easily the fastest machine I ever had, and I had a few.

The later Mac Pro's have dual 6 core Xeons, but you need a lottery win first  Grin

Im more into building my own things, because I can already use some parts from the build I have now. I can still use my old power supply, ram, and case accessories. It would be cheaper building the a pc with the same specs as the mac. I just love the NZXT Switch 810 case even though its not the highest quality case.
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:45:47 PM

Supermicro has a very nice selection of motherboards and cases in this market. (even 4way MBs).

polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:48:55 PM

Dual xeon will be in EATX size, which requires EATX supported case to follow up.

The being, good

I have checked some serious. If in Scrypt mining, it is pretty Good if proper configured in Linux as xeon works best in Linux or BSd
polarhei

Firing it up

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:49:29 PM

Supermicro has a very nice selection of motherboards and cases in this market. (even 4way MBs).

Intel provides server board for this, for example, 2600WR
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 08:13:48 PM

I always found the intel boards lacking in some feature or number of ports and not to mention warranty. I would rather buy a 3rd party board any day.
polarhei

Firing it up

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:39:43 PM

I always found the intel boards lacking in some feature or number of ports and not to mention warranty. I would rather buy a 3rd party board any day.

Some people like Vinco, purchased test model of Quad Xeon (4X10 E7) . The performance is very daunting even HT is off.
FreedomCoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 06:25:39 PM

I suck at knowing whether something fits or not unless I just stick it in to find out.

Thats what she said...  Roll Eyes

sorry i dont think my post was very constructive.

rrrix

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 02:27:17 AM

Be aware - there are NO "EATX" or any "*ATX" form factor dual xeon motherboards currently available on the market.

The Z9PE-D8 is an 'SSI EEB' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSI_CEB) which has the same physical dimensions as an EATX but has additional standoffs, and drilling and mounting them yourself is required if not using an SSI EEB compatible case.

Look at the "Form Factor" here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131817

Here's a list of cases that are compatible: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007583&IsNodeId=1&Description=EEB&name=Computer%20Cases&Order=BESTMATCH

I like the Cosmos II, but, I have the room in my office...

I've been looking at building one myself, I personally decided to wait until the next gen Xeon's come out (just a few weeks away now, rumor has it). https://www.google.com/search?q=E5-2687W+v2

Good luck and may the multithreads be with you Grin
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 02:31:25 AM

Am I in the right forum!? Cheesy

Mine primecoin when not using the pc...profit.

I'm thinking all full tower cases should fit that board. You can look into the Silverstone FT-02 too, it's great.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: