É melhor esperar sentado
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:15:28 PM

Once used and accepted by the masses, who is gonna try Bitcoin?

Anyone who cares about freedom and privacy, I suppose.  I'm still trying to figure out why people love Facebook so much.  Twitter just seems so much better...

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:04:57 PM

Hmmm let me guess. Everyone like me who don't use facebook?
It doesn't change the fact that bitcoin is scarce and is subject to gain value over time compared to fiat anyway.

superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:21:38 PM

facebook credits vs curmoddity - the sheep will go for credits others for something more valuable

ok
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:58:02 PM

Hmmm let me guess. Everyone like me who don't use facebook?
It doesn't change the fact that bitcoin is scarce and is subject to gain value over time compared to fiat anyway.

Any mobile payment vehicle which becomes mainstream instead of Bitcoin, prevents Bitcoin from its full potential value. When the masses use Facebook mobile payments, Bitcoin might remain geek money. It will still increase in value over time, but far less compared to when Bitcoin goes truly global.

Facebook already has over a billion users!

how is fb payments any different or improved compared to paypal- nothing evolutionary OR revolutionary. bitcoin will still have ALL the actual advantages

ok
/dev/null

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 08:15:33 PM

ANARCHIST

seldon

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:32:51 PM

Didn't bother to read it, but let me guess: not transferable p2p, pegged to $ and of course very un-anonymous - right?
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:16:30 PM

Didn't bother to read it, but let me guess: not transferable p2p, pegged to $ and of course very un-anonymous - right?

People on facebook dont really care about their anonymity ... lol, otherwise facebook wouldnt exist.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:29:32 PM

The product, sources said, would allow any shopper who has previously provided Facebook with their credit card details to make purchases on partnering e-commerce mobile apps without entering billing information.
That setup allows partnering commerce companies to still work with payment processors of their choice
Translation: In essence what this does is take the credit card information that FB has on file for a customer and upon providing the FB login this information is transmitted by the customers cell phone to the merchant generating a card not present transaction with the merchants credit card processor. The net effect is to turn a credit card transaction that is not subject to chargebacks into one that is! PayPal will run circles over this and so will Bitcoin. Not only is this very lame idea not a threat to Bitcoin it may actually help Bitcoin in the in person payment market once the security nightmare this will create has the merchants, credit card processors, banks and credit card companies all up in arms when the chargebacks and fraud this will create starts to show up. Hacked FB accounts anyone?

Give it a year or so and this will be dropped just like FB credits, in the meantime I would not be surprised if BTC / USD exchange rate is in the 4 or 5 figures. Next please.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: