Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:56:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a country actually ban BITCOIN  (Read 954 times)
torukmakto

Activity: 219
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:34:22 PM

how can do it? It is impossible if they want ban bitcoin they have to ban all internet system. I dont understand why you thinking government dont want to bitcoin? I think countries dont care about it. I think they will join the party.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoiner0101

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:38:42 PM

Only stupid Countries could do That.why should anyone want to BAN Business  Angry
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:39:29 PM

With a lot of news around this days about some countries banning bitcoin and so on. Is it actually possible for a country to ban bitcoin or other altcoins? Or the news are just rumor from some people that want the price to deep so they can scoop enough of the coin at deep.

Nope. Bitcoin is decentralized. it is impossible to stop it. The only way to stop bitcoin is stopping mining. And it is also no possible.
they can closed centralized exchange platforms in their country, they can check and stop bank transfers from exchanges. But they can not do anything ab out bitcoin and blockchain.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:45:29 PM

They can definitely ban the use and even ownership of bitcoin. Remember, most of the time, the government have a monopoly on violence. They can always get the police to go after you.

Primarily would be affected would be exchanges, you'd no longer be able to exchange it for fiat. No miners also. Transactions in bitcoins between individuals can still happen, though you can be caught, like they are trying to do in Venezuela.
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:46:25 PM

I don't see any technical possibilities for blocking bitcoin...it's unreal and expensive, at least.
easytipz

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:49:07 PM

they can ban bitcoin but users can by pass
I think if we use xmr, government can do nothing
Laland

Activity: 317
Merit: 104

Bounty manager

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:50:42 PM

I don't see any technical possibilities for blocking bitcoin...it's unreal and expensive, at least.

Depends on how your own government would view bitcoin. By law it is illegal because mainly it is taxless in some sense. But i think the main reason is that the assets can not be lequidated or it is not a liability by the government. It if were to continue only rich businesses that invested in bitcoin would get rich and not the government itself. Government do fear that the citizens would more utilize bitcoin rather than actualy maky transaction in their own country. Rich countries like S.korea and Japan are making profits with bitcoin so they allow citizens for btc transaction.
prince05

Activity: 126
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:54:09 PM

a country can do whatever they wish to do..if they want to ban bitcoins they can actually do it. but it does not necessarily mean people can’t continue using bitcoins. it might be illegal in your country but there is always vpn so you still have access to your wallets. china has done it, however chinese are still mining coins despite their country banning btc.. people will always make ways even if it is illegal as long as you can make money out of it.

█▀▀▀ A DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN-BASED PLATFORM  ▀▀▀█
 █───  Telegram  │  Facebook  │  Twitter  │  ANN  │  Bounty  ───
▰ ▰ ▰  Tokenize the referral economy and spread rewards to all participants   ▰ ▰ ▰
Irkytsk38rus

Activity: 280

Araw ICO

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:56:26 PM

I think it's impossible, until you want to exchange bitcoin in your currency, then it will be quite realistic to track down, and punished according to the laws

DigeNarrator

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:57:57 PM

i dont think that it will happen.. they could ban it long time ago when it was used only in darknet and stuff like that, but they didnt
now it has much more power i think that countries started to invest in BTC and not going to ban it
few countries even have no taxes for crypto trading.. tell me if its not the best sign for long life Smiley
Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:02:30 PM

Yea. Any country can choose to accept or ban Btc or any other alt coin. It has actually happened already with many countries and it is still happening. For instance, a reputable Chief Imam of an Egyptian Mosque urges the country to ban Btc or any other alt coin, and put a clause that will maintain a forever ban on any future incursion of any cryptocurrencies in the country. Actually, some of the countries who banned Btc and other alt coins have given some explanations about why they will never give in to cryptocurrencies. Some of it include;
     That cryptocurrencies are just a means to promote fraudulent acts in their respective countries.
Also that idea behind cryptos as digital is kind of demonic and unreal. Some even claim its a furtherance of the 666 imprint in order to hasten the reign of Satan. All these and some others have been proffered by these countries as reasons why they are banning cryptos. As for me, cryptos are just cool.
Dydot (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:10:13 PM

Yea. Any country can choose to accept or ban Btc or any other alt coin. It has actually happened already with many countries and it is still happening. For instance, a reputable Chief Imam of an Egyptian Mosque urges the country to ban Btc or any other alt coin, and put a clause that will maintain a forever ban on any future incursion of any cryptocurrencies in the country. Actually, some of the countries who banned Btc and other alt coins have given some explanations about why they will never give in to cryptocurrencies. Some of it include;
     That cryptocurrencies are just a means to promote fraudulent acts in their respective countries.
Also that idea behind cryptos as digital is kind of demonic and unreal. Some even claim its a furtherance of the 666 imprint in order to hasten the reign of Satan. All these and some others have been proffered by these countries as reasons why they are banning cryptos. As for me, cryptos are just cool.

Wow.. This is interesting. We all have different view of bitcoin and altcoins. I believe cryptos are cool too.

BeEvil

Activity: 406
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:13:23 PM

Of course any country can ban bitcoin. The method of the ban is called shove your head in the sand, and pretend that bitcoin is not there.
But for example, in Russia, bitcoin is going to be put at the service of corruption, allowing not to declare the income received from the trade in crypto currency for    
official. That is, any official who spends more than he earns can say that he simply bought some bitcoins in 09, and now he sells it. It's amazing, do not you think so?
ZenRoy

Activity: 79

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:13:38 PM

yeah, I guess countries can still ban businesses from accepting crypto as payments. That's one way of banning crypto from entering a country
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:14:22 PM

With a lot of news around this days about some countries banning bitcoin and so on. Is it actually possible for a country to ban bitcoin or other altcoins? Or the news are just rumor from some people that want the price to deep so they can scoop enough of the coin at deep.
The answer is big NO,no one can ban bitcoin because it is a decentralized technology and no one can track the user or usage of bitcoin so people cam use bitcoin even if their government banned it in their country.But they can shut down the bitcoin exchange then there is no way to buy or sell bitcoin you just can bitcoin to bitcoin transaction.If they shut down the exchange then it will reduce the demand overall and leads to price fall.
HoundRogerson

Activity: 226

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:16:11 PM

After all, there are already countries where banned, it turns out very real, very much depends on how the state will behave

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
datento

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:17:32 PM

Funny enough.. btc cannot  be ban by any country, unless they ban the internet.
Mary_Swift

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:19:54 PM

Each country can ban cryptocurrency at the legislative level. However, no country can track the process of investing in a cryptocurrency by citizens.
Vigme86

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:20:48 PM

I don't think it is possible, I think governments will try to run their own cryptocurrency
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:22:33 PM

it can be ban by goverment regulation but dont think thats would make people stop investing on bitcoin. there is a lot way to disburst bitcoin to become money. people would use vpn and anything related to money such as paypall to disburst it and bitcoin still runing and not banned . so despite ban that could be done by goverment, its not powerfull enough to stop bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: