Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:13:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a country actually ban BITCOIN  (Read 964 times)
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:23:42 PM

Hmm , Any country can ban Bitcoin and any cryptocurrency they want , They will just make rules to prohibit it . But that does not means they will success on this , Even with prohibiting certain currency still any one from this country can  use but just not in open .

So yes they have the right to ban any currency

But they really can not do  .  Roll Eyes Grin
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:24:48 PM

Outright ban might be difficult but restrictions might scare people or investors away thereby causing a very low patronage.
Another angle could be minning too but unfortunately, not all countries have minner so this will really make it a difficult task since it is decentralized.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:25:46 PM

With a lot of news around this days about some countries banning bitcoin and so on. Is it actually possible for a country to ban bitcoin or other altcoins? Or the news are just rumor from some people that want the price to deep so they can scoop enough of the coin at deep.

I think every country can do what they want as long it is in limits of law in their country. Bad laws usually get oweruled by constitutional court if not before. Constitution is highest law of every country and it defends your rights.
tukiMiN

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

yeah, I think it's just their game in order to make bitcoin prices go down and they can get big profits. I see that if a country does not approve of the existence of bitcoin then more and more countries will believe in the future of bitcoin.

qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:29:27 PM

Bitcoin is a decentralized and borderless technology that you cannot touch, i do not think that it can be banned, even if any Government bans it, it will still continue underground.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Dydot (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:29:48 PM

Funny enough.. btc cannot  be ban by any country, unless they ban the internet.

My thoughts too. But the ban can only be on acceptance and restrictions of some sort. But those does not mean individuals cannot still participate in coins.

PadenoM

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:31:09 PM

in my opinion, this is just big player, they make an announce this big, the market fall, they buy and resell earning million, they doo't have ways to stop bitcoin, when you ear news of this kind buy
Dydot (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:35:01 PM

in my opinion, this is just big player, they make an announce this big, the market fall, they buy and resell earning million, they doo't have ways to stop bitcoin, when you ear news of this kind buy

I am thinking same too... If you observe, the negative news do come our almost same time.

darkywis

Activity: 308

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:39:39 PM

Bitcointalk is just an forum why would they ban it? This forum is made for giving information or news not only for bitcoin but all the crypto currencies too.

shigeo_tokuda69

Activity: 170
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:47:56 PM

Yes it can because every country has a different regulation and we can blame on our government. Just follow the rule but  i think if the goverment thinks clearly they will let us join to this crypto
Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:51:59 PM

By law, a country can ban anything in which they find danger. And for now, many countries think that bitcoin is a danger to its economy and also somehow encourages illegal activities. But even if bitcoin is banned in some countries, there are other countries that encourage using bitcoin and so the people living in the countries in which bitcoin is banned can trade through bitcoin without the government knowing. So, bitcoin can be banned, but its usage can't be completely terminated.
paloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 03:52:54 PM

Yes they can if they find bitcoin a threat for the economy. How? They stop the local platform that transacts bitcoin by converting btc to local currency, with that, there is no way for the people to use their bitcoin in the real world. But that does not mean they can ban bitcoin entirely, unless they cut off all internet access nationwide.

rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:55:18 PM

Yes, A country can ban Bitcoin if they feel it is inimical to their economy. Then  enforcement of the ban will be another task for them to achieve the ban's effectiveness. 
sirkings0003

Activity: 252

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:16:44 PM

With a lot of news around this days about some countries banning bitcoin and so on. Is it actually possible for a country to ban bitcoin or other altcoins? Or the news are just rumor from some people that want the price to deep so they can scoop enough of the coin at deep.
As far as a country can not ban internet, a country can not ban bitcoin. Even when they try to clamp down on bitcoin operations in the country, the much they can do is to clamp down on the ones with physical offices.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
wentdream

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:19:51 PM

no  Free trade
skelethon

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 04:24:34 PM

That's an interesting question.

But it's also interesting to see if they can actually fully ban it. For example, if they ban btc alone people would just flock to another crypto. If they ban crypto in general (or try to anyway), people might think of an alternative (vpns, undeground, etc).
Ereun

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:37:31 PM

If bitcoin transactions are used for negative things, the state can definitely prohibit its rotation ...The government is concerned and is still concerned about the risks of using bitcoin by the community. This is because sniffing the potential for bitcoin fraud is used for unlawful acts, such as terrorism, money laundering, prostitution, and drug trafficking.
Then about the rumors we must take it seriously, because it is true there is a group of people who want to reap the benefits.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:46:17 PM

I cannot understand how btc can be banned if it wasn't accepted as a monetary unit. And due to the fact that Blockchain is decentralized,  it is hard to ban people use Internet.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
balrog

Activity: 448
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 04:52:10 PM

Any country can ban bitcoin , but it doesn't mean that people won't use it . If we talking about people who making a big money on trading , or other crypto-related business they can just leave their country and move to another one they like , where crypto is not prohibited . Actually , this is what happening now with btc miners in China .
rangga28

Activity: 380
Merit: 115

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:56:51 PM

I think the news is true sir. Because in my country bitcoin and altcoin still not legal by the government. and there are rumors saying that soon bitcoin in my country will be banned. and I hope it will not happen

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: