Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:50:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a country actually ban BITCOIN  (Read 964 times)
Golvera

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:29:05 PM

I think Brazil can, unfortunately, do it soon.
Ljanesanti

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:29:39 PM

I think the thing is the use or the exchange is possibly can be banned. But for me as long as there is internet bitcoin will still be there. I mean they can stop the use if it and the like but banning it without lets say shutting down the net is impossible people could still find a way to access bitcoin.

Rasanders22

Activity: 67
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:33:08 PM

VPN, TOR, ETC. anything they can try to do can be bypassed by a semi competent person.
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:33:47 PM

I think certainly can prohibit the use of bitcoin inside the country, if faced with such a task, he would be able to implement it, but why?

Yes if any country decided to ban bitcoin or crypto completely then they can easily ban it and just give lame excuses like terror funding or illegal transaction to by pass the tax amount and all but a smart government will not do that but rather it will tax bitcoin traders and ask them to keep track of users with high transactions.

Am I spamming? Report me!
tororoshka

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 06:34:35 PM

With a lot of news around this days about some countries banning bitcoin and so on. Is it actually possible for a country to ban bitcoin or other altcoins? Or the news are just rumor from some people that want the price to deep so they can scoop enough of the coin at deep.
you already answered  on your question. even if we recall the recent situation with Korea, which is rumored to have banned crypto-currencies. And then it turned out that this information was misconstrued. Shocked

patriot_rf

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 06:42:39 PM

I think that far-sighted heads understand that they behind cryptocurrency the future, but are afraid of it and don't know what with it to do. They hope will give the chance to occupy the niche to cryptocurrency in the real world.
leberknecht

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:42:57 PM

VPN, TOR, ETC. anything they can try to do can be bypassed by a semi competent person.
True, but that only helps the clients/users? What i mean: Exchanges are really helping to find acceptance for a coin, and running an exchange behind tor would be problematic, as the data throughput is really low..
Hm, on the other hand: isnt openbazzar doing something like that? Never really checked..

But as long as in some-country there is still an exchange, we should be fine. If we wouldnt have exchanges, i guess it would fallback to manual arranged p2p trading for converting fiat to crypto..that would suck (no offense dear localbitcoins.com fans)
turkmachiavelli

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:43:50 PM

It is a possible situation but anycountries can't stop this progress. It will be dominant location in world market as global money . I hope every country support this progress.

royalfestus

Activity: 2436
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:44:22 PM

Ofcoures it can, goverment can control everything that happend in their country. If they think bitcoin will likely make their economy not stable they can make rules about it and bann bitcoin

to support this, exchanges for fiat can be control from site within the country. ICO can also be limited. Aside the decentralization factor that countries are considering to be challenge to them, it still has a lot of advantages. if Singapore with the accolade of economic improvement uses ICO and bitcoin so well to improve investment within the country, countries should employ the same idea.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
panduryk

Activity: 516
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:49:40 PM

I think that this cant happen.
Because bitcoin is a decentralized system, it does not have an owner.All that the government can do is block websites linked to it. But there is always a cold purse. How can they block it? No, so do not worry about it.
Every "power" now wants to bite off a piece of pie. Earlier when the crypto currency was at the bottom, something they did not pay attention to it.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:14:11 PM

I think that this cant happen.
Because bitcoin is a decentralized system, it does not have an owner.All that the government can do is block websites linked to it. But there is always a cold purse. How can they block it? No, so do not worry about it.
Every "power" now wants to bite off a piece of pie. Earlier when the crypto currency was at the bottom, something they did not pay attention to it.
Yes, that is the real power of a decentralized system. A country may ban fiat related operations like exchanges and mining process but never can ban holding bitcoins. Also government cannot stop people to exchange bitcoins within themselves as people will be able to send and receive bitcoin anonymously all the times. Some governments are not taking any responsibility about bitcoin for this reason only. For the same reason, government cannot ban bitcoins.

Even governments ban bitcoins, that will not affect bitcoin users in any drastic manner. So, the progress of bitcoin growth will not get impacted.
Hanablue

Activity: 204

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:22:01 PM

What they can ban is local exchanges, and block the online exchnages, nothing else they can do honestly.
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:26:34 PM

This could happen. especially if a bitcoins or altcoins are harmful to a country. It's just like investment scams and many more that can affect someone to lose money. Of course you need to have a law for that.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
DosManos

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:32:36 PM

it can happen however i dont see it happening ...
even if they will, people will keep using it =]
nguli

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:41:58 PM

With a lot of news around this days about some countries banning bitcoin and so on. Is it actually possible for a country to ban bitcoin or other altcoins? Or the news are just rumor from some people that want the price to deep so they can scoop enough of the coin at deep.

obviously not at all, because bitcoin transactions can be done in any country and using any IP so bitcoin will not be prohibited its circulation by any country.
Robin789

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:47:31 PM

I think no one can ban bitcoin because it is a decentralized technology.
They stop the local platform that transacts bitcoin by converting btc to local currency
People would use vpn and anything related to money such as paypall to disburst it.
Bitcoin is a Digital Currency. I like Bitcoin.  Smiley
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:49:41 PM

If a country wants to ban Bitcoin, they'll first make it illegal to own or trade Bitcoin.  Secondly they'll regulate the banks to prevent money transfers to exchanges... which would dramatically reduce demand for it.  That would essentially push Bitcoin to the fringes and criminal elements of society.  Let's hope that doesn't happen.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Cryptotina

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:53:31 PM

It will be so long the government says its illegal. Though I don't blame them, they won't just go for something they don't understand. That's how we humans are, always scared of the unknown. Very few of us got the guts
CisColtz

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:55:45 PM

well this is posible yes. If a country decides that bitcoin is no longer welcomed in that country , whoever uses bitcoin can face jail so yea this is posible but I don't see a country to permanently ban bitcoin but I see countries that are gonna start to regulate bitcoin.
boss1dg

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:58:44 PM

banks will be affected bcoz of decentralized network , so yes many countries will think over it and either they will regulate these currencies or ban straight forward .

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: