Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:38:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a country actually ban BITCOIN  (Read 958 times)
orcuncanli

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:05:07 PM

Ofcoures it can, goverment can control everything that happend in their country. If they think bitcoin will likely make their economy not stable they can make rules about it and bann bitcoin

And the citizens of such countries won't have access to bitcoin anymore?
of course they can access bitcoin but if there is no bank to collect your money whats the point? you can always go to countries that allowed bitcoin but there is a cash limit . you cant take big amounts while you are coming from abroad. so they can ban i think.
Bloodseekers

Activity: 748
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:06:11 PM

In my country Bitcoin already ban, bitcoin cant be payment method only fiat money allowed, the government reason  ban it because he say bitcoin investment is high risk which can destroy the finances also many isu in my country created to disfigure bitcoin

banks will be affected bcoz of decentralized network , so yes many countries will think over it and either they will regulate these currencies or ban straight forward .

Yes, you right our national bank dont agree about bitcoin. they say bitcoin is illegal
vukthewolfy

Activity: 87
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:30:37 PM

They cant ever ban you to use or transfer btc on the internet, but they can ban it getting into regular exchanges and markets.

Anyhow, that will never happen.

GPLAY - 1# DECENTRALIZED P2P DIGITAL GAMING MARKETPLACE (https://gplaymarket.com)
Dydot (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:31:21 PM

In my country Bitcoin already ban, bitcoin cant be payment method only fiat money allowed, the government reason  ban it because he say bitcoin investment is high risk which can destroy the finances also many isu in my country created to disfigure bitcoin

banks will be affected bcoz of decentralized network , so yes many countries will think over it and either they will regulate these currencies or ban straight forward .

Yes, you right our national bank dont agree about bitcoin. they say bitcoin is illegal

I think this is the case in many countries. The fear of fiat becoming worthless. But i don't think bitcoin or altcoins popularity can outrightly make fiat worthless.

Dydot (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:32:09 PM

They cant ever ban you to use or transfer btc on the internet, but they can ban it getting into regular exchanges and markets.

Anyhow, that will never happen.

That is the worst any country Govt can do.

Dydot (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:34:19 PM

I think this is the case in many countries. The fear of fiat becoming worthless. But i don't think bitcoin or altcoins popularity can outrightly make fiat worthless.

.... There are a lot of things/goods we can't buy with bitcoin, hence, fiat will still be needed for such transactions.

cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:36:33 PM

With a lot of news around this days about some countries banning bitcoin and so on. Is it actually possible for a country to ban bitcoin or other altcoins? Or the news are just rumor from some people that want the price to deep so they can scoop enough of the coin at deep.

They can't stop it if that's what you mean. Just like they can't stop trade of drugs or such, but they can make it illegal. The easiest way to target bitcoin or all coins is to shut down all of the exchanges. This is easily done and the exchanges will comply as they don't want to be acting criminally.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
gazilla

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:37:02 PM

Well...there is no easy answer to this. First of all most of the countries do not endorse Bitcoin per se, so basically it is banned or not being used. However if they decide to shut down exchanges or even access to exchanges, that's what I would call a ban.
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:44:55 PM

With a lot of news around this days about some countries banning bitcoin and so on. Is it actually possible for a country to ban bitcoin or other altcoins? Or the news are just rumor from some people that want the price to deep so they can scoop enough of the coin at deep.

Certainly, the government is very able to impose such a ban through its regulations (legislation). Still remember the incident in China 30 sepetember 2017? ..., that is one proof 'that they are able to stop it', and now South Korea will take the same step towards bitcoin. How, is this not a proof?

But I'm still optimistic about bitcoin growth, even if the government forbids it but bitcoin networks can`t be turned off by them.

ObroQ

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:47:55 PM

Probably yes, there are already cases where countries banned crypto. If the government impose laws against bitcoin and making bitcoin useless in that country then there is no point for a person that lives there to invest in crypto.
coino.org

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:48:30 PM

How can you ban something decentralized? You can prohobite it, but what is the sense, people still using it anyway. The only reason that can really influence on users is administrative responsability.
tarlok01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:44:44 AM

I think every country has a power to ban Bitcoins but banning the bitcoins will not stop the bitcoin lovers to stop crypto trading. It seems that bitcoin is ban in some countries this is because of some bad ativities due to lack of control on the amount of money people are investing i crypto.
EMV

Activity: 183

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:51:05 AM

bitcoin can not be banned in a democratic country. Of course, there are still totalitarian governments that can very easily get rid of crypto-currencies and from technologies that stand for declaring them illegal. The question is, how will they do it? It is easy to give a law, the question is how you will be convinced that it will be respected.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:51:57 AM

They can limit the ability of companies to operate within their territory but as far as stopping individuals from within your territory from accessing sites outside your jurisdiction the only way you can do that completely is turn of the internet.

Gangy

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:04:45 AM

Well i don’t know if it can be completely restricted. Of course they can take some actions but crypto is beyond nations and countries. I am sure we can find a way to do our things. Only problem could be withdrawing money from banks.

Tony116
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1023

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:58:45 PM

The government can not do that. It could happen only if Internet disappears. The government can frighten people and pass a law that prohibits crypto currency. But the government has no way to check whether people use crypto currency or not. The blockchain can not be controlled.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:45:18 PM

I think that no country would be able to ban bitcoin or altcoins completely.We could see people in china just shifting their bitcoin trading to counter sale after china took strict actions against bitcoin exchanges.Even if any country bans bitcoin,people could use VPNs to work in bitcoin without being identified.So,it would not be successful to ban bitcoin or any altcoin.

LuckySarah

Activity: 88
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:55:12 PM

I bet it can't ban a Bitcoin but the government can fight against the people who use crypto currency. It can ban the access to the exchangers and start catching those who is using proxy or Tor. That is real but not too much % the government would be successful.

Go-go-go, power girls !
v3liana

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:58:36 PM

they could but not forever. bitcoin is the future of our money and it uses internet. as long as internet still available bitcoin will still exist. i dont why goverment afraid of it. its good for transaction yet they afraid it. ehat we need is regulation that could make bitcoin not become bubble investment

Dydot (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:29:37 PM

they could but not forever. bitcoin is the future of our money and it uses internet. as long as internet still available bitcoin will still exist. i dont why goverment afraid of it. its good for transaction yet they afraid it. ehat we need is regulation that could make bitcoin not become bubble investment

Governments are actually afraid of it rendering their fiat currency useless or worthless. But for me, i don't think bitcoin can render the fiat useless outrightly. It will rather make life easy.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: