Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:36:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a country actually ban BITCOIN  (Read 961 times)
Ziminator

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:16:33 PM

Of course he can. Why should officials accept the law, press a couple of buttons and sign a paper? For example, Belarus prohibits all crypto-currencies. But people still invest in mines. In this and all, and the chip is crypto, that they are absolutely anonymous.

stanovic

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:39:10 PM

then get a anon coin like deeponion problem solved Smiley
Coindest

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:41:06 PM

With a lot of news around this days about some countries banning bitcoin and so on. Is it actually possible for a country to ban bitcoin or other altcoins? Or the news are just rumor from some people that want the price to deep so they can scoop enough of the coin at deep.
Yes why not?
countries can banning bitcoin if they wants
jzone23

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:45:47 PM

Looks like it would be hard for a country to ban bitcoin because it is working as long as you have access to a bitcoin wallet and internet, maybe when they say bitcoin is ban they just make it illegal so people won't use bitcoin because they will be charge fine by doing so.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
llyfee4u

Activity: 444
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 08:30:31 PM

There isn't one straight answer to this.  I think in terms of a legal perspective, yes governments could ban citizens from activities involving the use or trade of bitcoins but doubt this would deter everyone in the particular country not to defy the ban by using VPN and stuff.  From a practical perspective, I don't think its possible to actually ban bitcoin out rightly because its not no one country, government or corporation has control of the blockchain.  I think they will try to make it as hard as possible for businesses to adopt bitcoin/crypto widely though, at least until they find a way to gain a level of control or monitoring.
crypto_Julian

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 08:33:41 PM

They can shut down exchanges but they can't shut down the blockchain. That's what makes bitcoin so great is that it is totally decentralized. They will never be able to stop p-2-p crypto money transfers. However, if they did shut down exchanges it would be pretty back for crypto. I love to see these countries struggle on what to do with crypto.
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:40:20 PM

There are various oppinions and concerns around this, usually if thinking freely and looking at the law you can invest your money in everything you want, or else it is a total dictatorship, the governments and banks however are trying anything and everything to stop people investing freely in something they want, today there were various news around banks stopping wires to transaction to buy cryptocurrency, I think eventually when people do not take shit from governments they can not do anything, coming back to the question, yes governments can start wars with countries, steal peoples moneys and lives as well as banning bitcoin.

jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:54:40 PM

Yes it is very possible it depends on which country it is banned,mostlikely if the president signed an executive order there will be no excuses if a ban happens,look at china mining activities has stopped and gave us a lot of problem because most of big mining companies stopped when the prime minister ordered it.We cant do anything about it when the government will totally declined blockchain technology.

Dydot (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:20:01 AM

Yes it is very possible it depends on which country it is banned,mostlikely if the president signed an executive order there will be no excuses if a ban happens,look at china mining activities has stopped and gave us a lot of problem because most of big mining companies stopped when the prime minister ordered it.We cant do anything about it when the government will totally declined blockchain technology.

But if Government totally declines blockchain technology that doesn't mean the citizen cannot participate in bitcoin, in as much as the internet still function in the country.

Simptonym

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:33:38 AM

For example in my country, even they don´t want to ban it, they want to tax it. No, not the profits made when exchanging to fiat. The crypto holdings itself....
carlowell

Activity: 168

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 09:42:44 AM

Country can only ban very obvious bitcoin activities such as mining. But not the bitcoin as a whole. They can never ban bitcoin. People with internet access can always do crypto activities even in China. How will a certain country decline a block chain technology when these kind of technology does not require government approval.

dharnamonitor

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:42:51 AM

Ofcoures it can, goverment can control everything that happend in their country. If they think bitcoin will likely make their economy not stable they can make rules about it and bann bitcoin

And the citizens of such countries won't have access to bitcoin anymore?

They can, actually. They can still used it secretly, by contacting a person outside the country to trade or convert their bitcoins with fiat.  There are many different ways to used it even a country banned bitcoin, you know it's a part of the feature of bitcoins to transact anonymously. It cannot be controlled by the government or any authority.

Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:52:33 AM

Ofcoures it can, goverment can control everything that happend in their country. If they think bitcoin will likely make their economy not stable they can make rules about it and bann bitcoin

And the citizens of such countries won't have access to bitcoin anymore?

They can, actually. They can still used it secretly, by contacting a person outside the country to trade or convert their bitcoins with fiat.  There are many different ways to used it even a country banned bitcoin, you know it's a part of the feature of bitcoins to transact anonymously. It cannot be controlled by the government or any authority.

To think it could be easily to banned bitcoin if the president of the country will urgency stop or banned bitcoin in a country because they found out that country can not gain taxed collection from digital currency. In some bad news attacking bitcoin that is a kind of strategy and purely rumors come from desperate people or haters  to slow down the bitcoin price in a market.
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:46:36 AM

For example in my country, even they don´t want to ban it, they want to tax it. No, not the profits made when exchanging to fiat. The crypto holdings itself....
Do you mean as long as you hold crypto, you have to pay tax, though if you lose money from crypto trading?
I am curious. Which county are you from?
cryptozombie14

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:05:24 PM

Do you mean as long as you hold crypto, you have to pay tax, though if you lose money from crypto trading?
I am curious. Which county are you from?

I don't think its possible, unless you surrender your information to the authorities. They cannot what you have and how much you have unless you give them information, its how cryptocurrency works.
readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:42:27 PM

With a lot of news around this days about some countries banning bitcoin and so on. Is it actually possible for a country to ban bitcoin or other altcoins? Or the news are just rumor from some people that want the price to deep so they can scoop enough of the coin at deep.

There are some fantastic news about banning of cryptocurrencies in different countries in the world. At last time such information was about Indonesia and South Korea. I don’t know what’s the things about in this countries but I don’t believe that they will ban anything.
bmirror83

Activity: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:42:46 PM

they can ban but they cannot prevent people trade with crypro currencies.
so they are better to recognize and legalize them.
Dujeff3300

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:11:30 AM

It possible because government task is to protect their citizens interest. If they see that crypto is a threat to their interest they will act accordingly. That is the internal factor which We don't have control.
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 11:00:58 AM

They can't ban directly Bitcoin. What they can do is forbid shopping with Bitcoin or to issue a law in order pay high taxes when you want to send money in an exchange.
The last one could be very effective, imagine VAT in my country is 24%.
Bitcoin and the other coins can't be banned. They will continue to exist in person to person transactions and for buying goods from countries where cryptos are not banned. I am very optimistic about the future.
Matimtim

Activity: 868
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:03:33 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 03:42:52 AM by Matimtim

Yes, but in their respected country only.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: