Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:10:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Adoption  (Read 168 times)
yinyangwinwang

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:22:49 PM

Prices may stabilize for a few of the higher marketcap coins and altcoins but I don't think it will stabilize the market as a whole. I think as long as crypto is unregulated and mainly humans do it I think the volatility will always remain there!

DIGITIZECOIN.COM | 25% Bonus for Pre-Sale | Main-Sale April 22 2018
Made In Australia
▬▬▬ ■  WebsiteWhitepaper ■  ANN threadJoin Telegram ▬▬▬
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:20:51 PM

The question is if there will be a mass adoption soon, I don´t know if this technology is ready for that at this moment. Congested networks and high fees are a big hurdle for mass adoption.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:52:25 PM

Do you think when time comes for crypto coin's mass adoption comes, prices of coins will stabilize?

Ah! It's hard if we ever reach that position. There are basically two reasons for that:

1. Potential: Currently cryptocurrencies are being used (real people who invested or using cryptocurrencies in any mean) by hardly 0.4-0.5% world's population. It is too low to what called 'Mass Adoption'. Even if adoption increases at the rate of 1% per annum, it would take 60-70 years to reach stage of mass adoption. Also we generally consider that stability increases with adoption but 'Stability' and 'Mass Adoption' graph is inversely related in early stage. So until we reach 10%+, volatility will increase with adoption.

2. Decentralization: Everyone is free to create his own coin. So we seeing flood of cryptocurrencies in 2016, 17 and trend will continue in coming years too. Therefore it is hard to believe that all coins achieve stability. Most of them will remain volatile.
volatile in good range is normal.. just look at forex exchange
it still volatile but in acceptable number

No doubt, I am supporter of Bitcoin's volatility. Moreover, it is only due to Bitcoin's huge fluctuations that people are attracted towards it in that big number. But OP was asking about the possibility of stabilization and I have answer according to that point of view.

Yes, you are right. Excess of everything is bad. Volatility should be in acceptable range so to make crypto investment more serious.
Denlv

Activity: 350
Merit: 39

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:01:55 PM

Hi all!I think mass adoptation become when be only aivalalble 200 coins and ban shit coins,need to regulate new  coins like vote yes or no...then coins +,- will be at stable price...i think 2025 year it will happen..

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: