Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:39:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [GROUP BUY AUCTION] HashFast Baby Jet (CANCELED)  (Read 1306 times)
ProfMac (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 08:52:34 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2013, 07:10:55 PM by ProfMac

This auction is canceled.  I will delete this topic in a day or two.

The HashFast Baby Jet is offered for sale in limited quantity, delivered in order of payment.

they ask for $5,600 payable in bitcoin.  Prepaid.  Delivery estimated for October 20-30.  Estimated hash-rate 400 GH/s.  Estimated energy efficiency 1.0 J/GH.

Previously, I sold income shares in a Batch #2 Avalon.  This Avalon is hashing, and the mining income and disbursements are visible on the blockchain.  Delivery on this Avalon was anticipated in late March and actual delivery occurred in mid July.  The actual hash rate for the Avalon is 80/65 of the advertised rate, and the earnings are less than 1/4 of the rate at the time when many people paid.

I have not placed a Baby Jet order.  This auction is an attempt to raise about 60 BTC in order to do so.  I will only sell about 1/2 of the future income for that amount.  Many people in the community have experienced regret in placing pre-paid orders.

Due to delays and ecosystem changes, purchasers of other bitcoin offerings are worried that they cannot break even on their purchases.  There is significant risk that this group buy will not work out well.  I cannot do anything to "make good" on unfortunate events.  Some Avalon owners have had smoke and sadness.  This is one example of unfortunate events.

I will receive the machine, plug it in, and follow the instructions that are provided.  This is not a special skill, and you are not relying on any level of expertise on my part.  I anticipate that many owners will attempt to overclock or modify their devices, and that firmware updates may be issued.  These are not special skills within this community, and I may or may not do so.  I will report publicly and factually the actions that I do take.

I am offering about 0.5 of the income from the BabyJet for the total price of $5,600 in shares targeted at about $25/each.  This sets the share at 0.002 (0.2%) of the net mining income.   You will have very small exposure, but you will pay approximately twice the manufacturer's price.  I will deduct an electricity fee equivalent to 350 W at at the current BTC-e exchange rate before dividing the funds. My current rates are below $0.09 / kWh but they are not guaranteed.

If sufficient funds are paid, I will order the unit.  If the shop sells out, I will return the funds promptly.  I may contribute my own funds.  I reserve the right to cancel the auction and return funds at any time, for any reason.

The mining lifetime of this unit is administratively declared as 20 weeks, and begins when the unit begins hashing.  I chose this number based on my own thoughts and cannot justify it.  During the mining lifetime, I will pro-rate the cost of 1 share and offer buy back offers from time to time.  This will give people the option to recover cash due to unforeseen circumstances.  After 20 weeks, I may quit mining at any time that I chose, and the equipment becomes fully owned by me and no liquidation & payout will occur.

The bitcoin world is difficult for both buyers and sellers.  Please be careful.  I strive to be fair and sensitive, but also to impartially follow the rules, and the thread for the previous auction may provide interesting reading for you.  I have returned bids that were clearly blunders, and I have refused to return bids that I thought were simply buyer's remorse.

• The submit-bid address to is 14eBzhQBYBCiDy7SV8s6iR9oUKHnBadnYH
  • The admin address is 17AMeSmnZwW1MGykLEmAngQcxqnyEfrLET.  Transactions to or from this account are not bids and are not refunds.  Do not pay to this address.
  • The mining-proceeds address 1BiEPg9oANN8ow3wzRKftsdRsotVPk6bav will receive the mining proceeds, and initiate the payouts.

The auction will run according to the rules that I posted last May.  My previous auction is included by reference.  I have not declared a partial winning schedule, and I may or may not do so.  I call particular attention to the fact that I may reduce or increase the number of winning bids.  

Discussion is welcome.  Links to discussions of HashFast, my previous auctions, or other matters that may help people make informed decisions are all on topic.  Factual discussions of success or disappointment may be particularly valuable.  Threats of lawsuits or violence against any vendor for any reason are off topic.  Disclosure of personal information is off topic unless it is your own (but seriously, why?)

I try to be respectful and informed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:25:48 PM

wrong section dude ...
ProfMac (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:34:40 PM

wrong section dude ...

Undecided  Where to?

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:41:17 PM

I dunno how u are a senior and u dont know ... lol ..
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=137.0
Gws24

Activity: 537
Merit: 524

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:02:14 PM

So basically you get a babyjet for free and half the proceeds. Yeah, nice deal  Cheesy
ProfMac (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:06:09 AM

I dunno how u are a senior and u dont know ... lol ..
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=137.0

It gets worse.  I can't figure out how to move it, either.

ProfMac (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:20:14 AM

So basically you get a babyjet for free and half the proceeds. Yeah, nice deal  Cheesy

The question, I think, is whether you want to bid for a share and whether that is a nice deal for you.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: