Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:22:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't forget about HDD Mining!!!!!  (Read 198 times)
HG_Lincs (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:21:46 PM

While there is lots of Hype to go out, sell your kidney and maybe one of your kids so you can build a nice GPU mining rig... Please don't forget about the coins that you are able to "Mine" with your HDD (Done in quotations because some arn't classified as mining).
Internal hard drives, External hard drives, Solid State Drives and USB sticks are a wholeeeee lot cheaper than GPU's and $10, 000 MOBOs.
You're also going to save a ton on electricity.
While it is a little bit of a pain in the butt, and not a whole lot of Currencies have this option, it is still very much worth the while.
I'm not going to go through and list them all, that is for you to research.

I just want to toss this out there for whomever may see this as being more up their ally.

Cheers everyone and Happy Mining!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Are you talking about mining HDD coins like burstcoin (is there anything else?)?

I think the problem with these unknown HDD coins is that the technology is behind cloud storage oriented coins like SIACOIN or STORJ. Last i checked, burstcoin was having some problems with developers not agreeing on something and I believe there was even this US team vs some other country's developer team. Didn't even bother reading more about it.

Basically, IMHO, not much room to grow for these kinds of coins.
Miningtry

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:46:23 PM

Real question is how much i can profit from hdd mining rig compare it with same price of gpu rig?
also no one mine it so i guess not much profit in these kind of mining
does
Copper Member

Activity: 117
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:04:39 PM

Real question is how much i can profit from hdd mining rig compare it with same price of gpu rig?
also no one mine it so i guess not much profit in these kind of mining
the profit is low.

but if u are not using it so why not Smiley
KougarLOB

Activity: 136
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:32:10 PM

...was having some problems with developers not agreeing on something and I believe there was even this US team vs some other country's developer team. Didn't even bother reading more about it.

Same could be said for Bitcoin.

I've made a small fortune from BURST; paid for my 70TB farm a few times over.  Doesn't add to overhead since I already have PCs mining GPU and CPU.

1ER7JwEjpjQfm4qaTxy6EaNdNy8MqzP1pt  Smiley
Juggar

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:36:06 PM

...was having some problems with developers not agreeing on something and I believe there was even this US team vs some other country's developer team. Didn't even bother reading more about it.

Same could be said for Bitcoin.

I've made a small fortune from BURST; paid for my 70TB farm a few times over.  Doesn't add to overhead since I already have PCs mining GPU and CPU.

I don’t doubt it but the people involved in burst are children. One needs only to check the forums for evidence of that. The only reason anyone has made money is because crypto in general went up.

Burst coin has a very bleak future due to the constant infighting and childish behavior from the devs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: