Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:55:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you know about Crypto?  (Read 382 times)
saiman

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:57:28 PM

from my brother, who knew from his friend))

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franzkie345

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:18:08 PM

I've actually known crypto from my co-worker, he invites me to register in bitcoin and I have also read it online.
BtcGeorghiou

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:20:35 PM

From work. Our lead developer was and is a nut about it. Actually a lot of the other IT guys teased him about it then one day we all started jumping in on the band wagon. Thankfully he  shares his knowledge with us.
CantIdentify

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:24:15 PM

I found out kinda late... Stumbled upon Cointelegraph youtube channel, watched videos, it was really funny but I didn't really understand what exactly they were talking about lol so it motivated me to research more
Pizaia

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:51:43 PM

My first introduction with cryptocurrency is actually a bad story to tell as a "Newbie" on this forum. In my defense, it was a long time ago and i was still irresponsible!  Roll Eyes
So i wanted to buy some drugs from the internet (yeap here we go). Buying on this specific website was only possible trough Bitcoin (like the well known SilkRoad). So i learned how to buy Bitcoins and spend them, using Blockchain wallet. After a very long time i logged into Blockchain again for some reason and when looking at my transaction history i could see the value of the Bitcoins then and now. Seeing this massive increase caught my attention and from that point i started reading about bitcoin, learning about hardforks that were going on at that moment, understanding altcoins and ICO's.
And now i am here, hooked to my computer, crypto everywhere  Cheesy

And by the way, not buying drugs with my coins!! I SWEAR!! Cool

Oh wow that is way too cool .  Wink well my churchmates introduce Bitcoin with me, they were talking and I feel Isolated thats hy I ask them about it and know this is our mostly topic when we gather around.
squesto

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:19:16 PM

From friends first and inevitably through all the news on crypto we are seeing these days
yaniman

Activity: 378
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:22:03 PM

I heard about btc on news last summer and when i checked the price i was shocked. Because in 2012 i have heard about it and though it was not worth to waste my time Sad

mayan251

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 02:28:24 PM

I know and know the encrypted currency through my friends. Now I'm glad I got to know it. I fell in love with it. Because it can bring me extra wealth. At the same time, I also help more people to know the encryptioncurrency, because it also makes me happy.There is also a sense of achievement.

Icerave008

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:34:46 PM

I heard about btc on news last summer and when i checked the price i was shocked. Because in 2012 i have heard about it and though it was not worth to waste my time Sad
I guess that was one of the your biggest regrets, ignoring bitcoin but I just like what you have said, If I were that same situation like you I will ignored it also without even realizing that bitcoin will be valuable just like today.
One of my friends just tell me about bitcoin, and then I started with my own research about it.
marianodesu

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:22:35 PM

I first learnt about Bitcoin after a friend told me it existed and I even read a book about how it worked. I wish I had put more energy into it at the moment I would be rich now Sad

Then some time ago another friend of mine got into cryptos and almost forced me to join Smiley
ovisovyant1

Activity: 80
Merit: 11

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:27:20 PM

I saw a friend who often open this web forum, then I was curious and asked, my friend immediately explained in a real way. And I am interested and feel that I also have enough criteria to join this forum. So I studied more crypto in the forum Grin

Ambi999

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:42:08 PM

I heard about bitcoin first in 2013 from a friends friend who had a few bitcoins. he told that somebody send it to him in 2011 or 2012? for free because he wants to try this thing out. he got it from a forum maybe from a member bitkointalk. At this time I don't really understand what he was talking about. And I thought Internetmoney it couldn't work because you can copy everything an a computer so also Bitcoins. I wish I had an interest at that time to understand Blockchain.

The second time I heard from it was mid 2017 from other friends who have already been invested in it.
Akselrod

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:35:03 PM

I have known about Crypto from my colleaugue. And you, bros?

I, like many others, laughed at first when I was offered to invest in bitcoin. We are children of 90th especially in Ukraine, we perceive this as another MMM. For the first time I heard about bitcoin in March 2017 and only after half a year began to delve into.
MaxGiant57001

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:46:23 PM

I got to know about Bitcoin a couple of years back after malware attack in one of the MNCs when it was demanding for Bitcoins to clean the systems.  Grin
frenkelebre

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:49:13 PM

i learned cryptocurrency way back 2015. A friend of mine introduced bitcoin to me and how can i earn big money out of it. The value of bitcoinwas too low but we just spent it in games and gambling. how i wish i could turn back time and waited till 2017 where the value reached a million dollar!  Cheesy
goldexp83

Activity: 225
Merit: 10

quarkchain.io

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:23:13 PM

I heard about it in the summer of 2012 from some geek coworkers, I didnt understand what da hell and fuss was all about, out of 10 people that were there, 4-5 all become super rich FTW  Cry  Grin

Evgenyi259

Activity: 68

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:31:04 PM

Я yзнaл из нoвocтeй пo paдиo Grin
HodorHodl

Activity: 84
Merit: 58

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:41:20 PM

Loving this thread Smiley Already posted but here's another story from my experience....

Worked in a games company, in customer service. Not one of the small ones. a BIG one. This is late 2012, and into 2013.

Our work machines were srs bznz....dual monitor, dual 7950 bunnies.

I had applied for a job in sys-admin (because fuck talking to customers), and made it my business to buy the IT room beers to support my application.

So ... let's call him "Bob"... one night in a frenzy of drunken honesty, shared that he had set up a network-wide (800 machines while they were idle) mining op to grab LTC and send them to his wallet. At the time (Xmas 2012), he had 48000 LTC in his wallet. One of his key requirements to hire me (who was buying his beer!) was that I keep it under wraps, with a share (I think he was offering 4% of all output to my LTC address).

Frankly, I just wanted the job, and couldn't have given less of a fuck about LTC, so I nodded and smiled. They were worth about 7c at the time, I think, so it wasn't mickey mouse money, but still....4% of that was still pfft.

I said "Sure Smiley", and then life cirumstances changed. Before the hiring was closed, I had a RL thing happen which meant I needed to move home, and that was the last I saw of Bob. I was a cert to get the job, but hey what the hell.

Bob later got fired for a number of shady practices, not least of which was selling "faulty" GPUs to employees in the smoking area outside the building and pocketing the cash. But you know, fired and all, I reckon he's not giving much a fuck right now...
PinoyD

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:10:32 PM

Just used to buy some stuff from Silk Road too)
Richgard

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:37:59 PM

the first time i heard about crypto (bitcoin) was several years ago,  becaus some of my friends "ordered" somethink in the darknet. I thought that bitcoin is only for criminals until last sommer. a frient showed me how much different cryptocurrenys are available and how much profit you can generate. so I started to get into that stuff by investing my first 100€.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: