Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:58:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you know about Crypto?  (Read 387 times)
ClatonWillirum (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:58:27 PM

I have known about Crypto from my colleaugue. And you, bros?
Novais111

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:51:27 PM

My first introduction with cryptocurrency is actually a bad story to tell as a "Newbie" on this forum. In my defense, it was a long time ago and i was still irresponsible!  Roll Eyes
So i wanted to buy some drugs from the internet (yeap here we go). Buying on this specific website was only possible trough Bitcoin (like the well known SilkRoad). So i learned how to buy Bitcoins and spend them, using Blockchain wallet. After a very long time i logged into Blockchain again for some reason and when looking at my transaction history i could see the value of the Bitcoins then and now. Seeing this massive increase caught my attention and from that point i started reading about bitcoin, learning about hardforks that were going on at that moment, understanding altcoins and ICO's.
And now i am here, hooked to my computer, crypto everywhere  Cheesy

And by the way, not buying drugs with my coins!! I SWEAR!! Cool
HodorHodl

Activity: 84
Merit: 58

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:16:09 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 07:10:02 PM by HodorHodl

Awesome thread!

So for me, I first got introduced by my little girl's godfather, in Christmas 2012. Bitcoin had hit something like $12, and he'd mined a shitload when it was CPU and GPU mineable. He offered to sell me 40 BTC for $100 - "mates rates".

I declined.

Yes, I know. What a decision. But he's not the most communicative guy in the world, and what he positioned to me was basically "internet zenny-coins, someone might someday sell you a coffee for a thousand of them". This is not how he phrased it, but that's how I heard it.

He spoke to me again about it in Feb 2013, when I got briefly obsessed, because it had risen to like $110-ish per BTC, again offering to share his mined coins at a really reduced price. He's a nice guy Smiley I didn't have much Fiat at the time, so I declined. He sent me 0.3 BTC as an encouragement payment - I had it stored on Cryptsy (ultimately - I transferred it around a bit) :/

Then in May 2013, my little girl, who was 3 at the time, was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia (ALL), which as you can imagine somewhat rearranged my priorities. I didn't even look at Crypto again until this year, when she was a year clear (happy ending!!!! Smiley ).

Now, here I am, wondering if I can get back in. I currently like Ripple, and the idea of punting on penny shares (new altcoins). Let's see how it goes!

And that is me Smiley
geethnew

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:19:12 AM

First time I heard about bitcoins in 2012 and at that time I didn't believe about bitcoins and cryptos, one of my friend forced me to buy few bitcoins for $50, but I rejected it and I am still worried about that decision, after in 2016 I wos wondered about the BTC price and again I started to study about cryptocurrency, Not still I am studying while doing bounties. But i am worrying about my decisions which was taken in 2012.
Crytptohack

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

HodL!

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 03:27:36 AM

I heard about Bitcoin years ago while watching Gold/Silver videos on YT. I disregarded BTC as some type of fly by night internet money.

Then my brother mentioned that Japan was recognizing BTC as a currency last summer while I was on vacation mountain biking in Utah.  When I got back home, I opened an account and started purchasing BTC, ETH and LTC.  Went onto the alt cryptos since then.

This sector has a ways to run IMO.
Criptomirico

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 04:47:04 AM

Йex, знaлa бы я двa гoдa нaзaд, кaк пoднимeтcя цeнa нa битoк( Былa б миллиoнepoм yжe). Я кaк-тo coвepшeннo cлyчaйнo пoпaлa нa dice, cнaчaлa нe пoнялa, чтo тaм зa epyндa в BTC. Пoтoм дoбpыe люди нayчили, paccкaзaли, пoкaзaли и вce, я в нeгo влюбилacь. Haчaлa нaкaпливaть, oтдaвaть пo дoбpoтe дyшeвнoй дpyгим. He пpинялa тaк cкaзaть, кpиптoвaлютy вcepьeз. Зaтo тeпepь кycaя лoкти и гpaнит нayки, движycь в пpaвильнoм нaпpaвлeнии. Bидимo, cнaчaлa нaдo пoтepять, чтoбы нaйти.
mtodd

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:33:13 AM

Hi all

I first discovered Bitcoin about 5 years ago. I presumed at first it was a fly by night scam of some sort. I regret like others here that i failed to invest early. Sad I did research later though and was a miner when it was still viable. Made a little bit of coin on the side so cant complain.

Svafnir74

Activity: 318
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:12:02 AM

I have known about Crypto from my colleaugue. And you, bros?
From the Internet, where else? It was necessary to be engaged for a long time already Sad
Kigwa143

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:15:12 AM

My friend told me what cypto is like bitcoin and how he earn money through it so I also decided it have an account here to start earning as well in joining signature campaign soon when I rank up.
Beedly

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:44:30 AM

My Brother forced me into it! Cheesy When he realized I wouldn't be interested in some weird new Money, He hinted at the social impact, so here I am.
putot

Activity: 77
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:13:42 AM

A know about crypto because of my friend and specially bitcoin,he told me that you can be able to earn big and get rich through bitcoin so right now I join in this site to start earning in joining signature campaign as well soon when I rank up.

http://www.ARBITAO.com
      THE NEW WAY OF ARBITRAGE TRADING     
[          PRE-SALE starts on July 1st          ]
KeithDemarc

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:31:03 AM

I have heard about Bitcoin from a colleauge and then I tried surfing the internet to know more about Bitcoin.
gowron24

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:41:55 AM

I did not start out on Bitcoin. You know, there ARE a lot of other coins out there...  Grin But basically some friends of mine were getting into Ethereum, and then another friend got me reading about Deep Onion, and I became hooked (not really  Wink ) since.
MaryChrtimas

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:48:13 AM

Hi! My husband has learned cryptoworld so me too. We start working at home, it's like new life, we are the happiest coupl in our city)))
raoul78

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:16:24 AM

I heard about it from co-workers. They started six months ago, I started about 1.5 months ago.

█   REALTYCOIN   █
the most PROFITABLE place to INVEST in the world
▬  ICO is LIVE  ▬ (http://therealtycoin.io)
frncsvncnt05

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:41:59 AM

I heard about bitcoin a long time ago because one of my classmate is using this but I didn't bother. I didn't know it will be a big deal like now.
coasterridex

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:15:08 AM

I saw my friends earning some good bucks thru this cypto or virtual moneys and so i ask them but its sad to say that you could really see in there eyes and notice from what they're talking that they dont wanna share how they earn it so i tried to do some research about it and ended up being here. Oh btw! I just figured out that they're doing a signature campaign
ademily

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:43:28 AM

I know about crypto to my friends. Then i see some youtube video, read some blog and news.  Smiley
BTcoint

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:15:06 PM

friend guide me step by step to bitcoin years ago then i started to learn by using bitcointalk . org  .reading is important to update gained knowledge .

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Generalbablita

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:47:59 PM

I've seen a lot of articles online, and then my friend convinced me to try it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: