Bitcoin Forum
September 21, 2024, 12:32:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PCI-E splitters  (Read 174 times)
shroomzcoin (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:42:34 PM

Hi guys, my first rig is due a bit of an upgrade now, just the problem is it's not broken and runs as good as the day i got her around 4-5 years ago. Its an older asrock h77 board with only 2 pci-e, and 2 pci  slots for cards, im not interested in selling it due to its age and that its ran 24/7 pretty much since i got her, basically sentimental reasons and im a cheap skate and its ran with less problems then boards 4 times its price. It was my first budget rig and the only upgrade it got was a year or so ago when i put 4x 1050ti's into it, due to the coin it was mining increasing around 10x its value i can afford to drop a few 1080ti's into it instead, just i wanted to have more than 4 running, are the pci-e splitters any good? Is it possible to turn my old board into a hashing beast again, or should i just face facts retire her and mount her on my fireplace?
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:48:54 PM

I'm interested in hearing how you put 4 PCI-E cards on a board with only 2 PCI-E slots without using splitters.
shroomzcoin (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:15:26 PM

I'm interested in hearing how you put 4 PCI-E cards on a board with only 2 PCI-E slots without using splitters.
just actually looked at the rig, its already using a 2 way splitter in the pci-e x1 slot, my bad kind of a mute question since its already using a splitter and it hasnt had any problems, need to stop smoking i just glanced at the top of the box without checking it and assumed the pci slots where pci-e, it has 3x pci slots that i cant use for anything though Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: