Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:33:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [GROUP LEASE/Shares/Hosting] (1) KnCMiner Saturn, .2 BTC per 500 MH/s / 6mo  (Read 896 times)
BeepBeep2 (OP)

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:30:19 AM

By all means let me know your thoughts and interest in this plan in this thread, if all goes well we can set up escrow and get an order in by the end of next week!

Please read this OP (or at least the TL;DR list below) and post your opinions and thoughts in this thread!

If you're interested in buying shares, please format as such:
|username|#shares|#months|

TL;DR version of the below is:
- I can't pay all dis shit, maybe you can't either
- I'm trying to think outside of the box
- I want to spread the wealth
- This is a new concept, leases for 6/8/10 mo
- Low investment cost means low risk, the most you are allowed to lose by my rules are 4 BTC or $400 at current market value, or pay as little as .2 BTC ($20) for a single 500 MH/s share
- 10 months of 8 GH/s hosted mining costs 4 BTC, all upfront, total, no bullshit
- I will be mining with 80 GH/s on the same rig so payouts will be insured to some extent

About me:
I've been into bitcoin mining on and off since the summer of 2011 when the big price bubble was around. Not much else to say really, I recently turned 18, graduated high school, I'm going to the University of Akron (OH, USA) to study Computer Networking. (I already hold CompTIA A+/Network+ certs.)

Introduction to this concept:
I understand it that some people are not so financially able to do many things - I'm not so well off either. I've got enough money to buy about a third of a Saturn, so I thought I'd share the rest with the rest of you poor folk!

My plans are extremely preliminary and this thread is mostly here to gauge interest, but hey...gotta start somewhere.

My plans:
I would be interested in about 80 GH/s of a (1) 200 GH/s Saturn, depending on if I can foot the bill.

That would mean that the rest of the hashing power would be up for grabs-
I'm willing to entertain ideas of doing something different than normal, such as timeshares of sort.
You'd provide me more instant liquidity, I provide you with a solid small investment option that, if all goes well, pays a nice chunk of interest.

Right now, what I'm looking at is offering a few types of packages offering different types of shares for differing lengths of times in increments of 500 MH/s.

This process would leave 240 shares available for purchase in any combination you wanted. I would like to limit each buyer to a lease of 16 shares or 8 GH/s, a little more than an upgraded BFL Jalapeno.

Something like,
6-month lease length - 0.2 BTC / 500 MH/s / (Equates to .0333 BTC / month)
8-month lease length - 0.25 BTC / 500 MH/s / (...0.03125 BTC / month)
10-month lease length - 0.3 BTC / 500 MH/s / (...0.03 BTC / month)

16 share purchase = 1 share free + discounts for longer leases (.25 BTC discount / 8 mo, .5 BTC discount / 10 mo) (3 BTC / 6 mo, 3.5 BTC / 8 mo, 4 BTC / 10 mo)

If we assume that 15 buyers all buy 8 GH/s to fill the remaining 120 GH/s gap all for 6 months in my purchase, each buyer would pay me 3 BTC upfront for the 6-month lease.
I gain 45 BTC to fund my total purchase cost, and each user is left with a 6-month proportional payout of my earnings equivalent to the 8 GH/s, to be paid to their wallet address at a frequency of once a week, once every two weeks, or once every month (whatever each user chooses) as soon as the device begins mining. BitcoinX calculator shows that with a static difficulty of 200M, 8 GH/s and $300 investment will ROI in around 170 days ending up totally in the green ($85 profit). Will difficulty rise too quickly to ROI in 6 months? It's hard to tell, but my money bets that we will all be fine. Remember, my calculation represents the difficulty being 200M when we start (unlikely) and 200M when we end (also unlikely).

If said buyers were to buy 8 month or 10 month leases, then profit will be greater due to the discounts that I am proposing.

Feel free to chime in on your opinion and put down if you'd like to participate.

Thanks,
Sam Smiley

BTC: 184DMeGc6E7CoQVH3A9NvcCuRVRcv3wE2Y | LTC: LP4iqohSWKiws4j9jTTnqd89EEffEymsoJ
Join Cryptsy, which is now faster than ever! https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=102995
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: