Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:39:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Lykke exchange a sleeping giant??  (Read 102 times)
anelenaniku (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:23:10 PM

Read this article: https://www.lykke.com/city/blog/opensource-hashgraph

Lykke is working on an open source hashgraph , hashgraph is the most promised technology that can replace blockchain.
What is your opinion, do you think LKK price will hit super high price after they made it their own open source one??
marineboss

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

Korean Syndicate / Translator

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:02:54 PM

Lykke coins (LKK) are not tokens. Rather, they are shares of the company, and represent equity. As you can see, Lykke Corp hasn't been faring well with the onslaught of new cryptocurrency exchanges popping up every other week with the promise of exchange-made coins that will slash transaction fees or shenanigans like KuCoin shares that give out dividends of transaction fees on the exchange. In the meanwhile, Lykke has been hashing out fee-free transactions, withdrawals/deposits, as well as fiat exchange. This had to change, because crypto fees are just insanely high right now. They changed to a semi-centralized model, and now are charging fees.

There's not much to differentiate Lykke from the other exchanges, except for the insanely high spreads and low functionality on their wallet app.

I was excited when LKK shares were floating above 30 US cents last year, but things are looking a little grim right now.

▐ | ██ | ██ | ██ ||     DAOstack.io     || ██ | ██ | ██ | ▌
AN OPERATING SYSTEM FOR COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE
terible.hunter

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:30:51 PM

Strange, because recently there are a lot of exchanges, which for some reason do not have any references to this forum. I honestly did not hear anything about this exchange, most likely because I'm just new to this forum

dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 12:37:34 PM

I used Lykke for awhile and had a substantial amount of lkk, but I eventually left it.

There are some things to like about lykke  Cool

It had interesting coins way before anyone else, like chronobank and solarcoin.
It had a wide amount of fiat pairs.
It was fast, responsive, and secure.

But, nowadays, there are so many exchanges that can do that and the only thing that stood out was the fiat trading which I found to not be as profitable.
On top of that, the volume was just so low.

Exchanges are up for a tough fight, it's incredibly competitive now and unless an exchange can truly offer something unique and beneficial it will die out.
Just my opinion, but even if Lykke goes about accomplishing what they mean to accomplish, I believe the time has passed and there is too much catch up to do with other exchanges.

mapanlah

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:41:27 PM

I'm still not sure about that because I think it's needed a high popularis, so in my opinion we just wait how the movement is.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: