Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:08:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of scammers  (Read 225 times)
Arngrim

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:15:30 PM

I am just curious about his.
How the hell they do it?
I am sure when you are up to knowing about cryptos then you are not one of those guys that wont use your brain. Just by pasting the private keys you are already careful. To the extent that you will be giving money to another person, I am sure you will be doubting it first before making the payment.
Every movement when there is money involved, I always double check I dont know about the others.

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:15:47 PM

Never ever send any ETH/BTC to a wallet given to you within telegram or elsewhere by people pretending to be support/admin!
Simple reminders that newbies should always remember, those who are pretending to help are mostly taking advantage so better to be well aware before sending any coins to anybody, learn to read and do some research before entrusting your money to anyone, it's a simple logic to investigate before doing any actions, better to be safe than sorry after, scammers are everywhere so better to prepare yourself and learn to know them before becoming a victim.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:12:14 PM

Never ever send any ETH/BTC to a wallet given to you within telegram or elsewhere by people pretending to be support/admin!
This information is highly appreciated as I have witnessed this on telegram. Most people that has a projects ongoing should also watch out for this scamming activities. I am promoting a project on the telegram and the admin put serious warning on this. Please always buy from the website of any ico you wanted to invest in. This will help in keeping your bitcoin or ethereum saved.
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 08:52:28 PM

This information is highly appreciated as I have witnessed this on telegram. Most people that has a projects ongoing should also watch out for this scamming activities. I am promoting a project on the telegram and the admin put serious warning on this. Please always buy from the website of any ico you wanted to invest in. This will help in keeping your bitcoin or ethereum saved.
I think that regarding this, you should always check the information on the official websites of the companies. we should whether the scammers just hope for the inattention of users.
Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:58:07 PM

How the hell they do it?
I am sure when you are up to knowing about cryptos then you are not one of those guys that wont use your brain. Just by pasting the private keys you are already careful. To the extent that you will be giving money to another person, I am sure you will be doubting it first before making the payment.
Every movement when there is money involved, I always double check I dont know about the others.

Doubts would really be there but if you are really completely dont have any knowledge on how things do work then most likely you will end up on getting scammed which even just using your common sense you will able to avoid such thing.I dont know why still people do fall into this traps specially on the thing mentioned on OP that telegram admin channel fake admins do ask eth/btc which you can simply point out which is the original and a fake one.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
whyrqa

Activity: 1093
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 09:00:50 PM

How the hell they do it?

Doubts would really be there but if you are really completely dont have any knowledge on how things do work then most likely you will end up on getting scammed which even just using your common sense you will able to avoid such thing.I dont know why still people do fall into this traps specially on the thing mentioned on OP that telegram admin channel fake admins do ask eth/btc which you can simply point out which is the original and a fake one.
I completely agree with you, because all the information provided needs to be checked. We live in a world where scammers very often use trusting people.

#business #forextrader #bitcoinnews #invest
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:02:39 PM

How the hell they do it?

Why they are victimized? because of their greed on making money and they are rushing up things already without thinking on their actions been made.They are on a hurry and which do result on being careless that results into mistakes.Always buy tokens into their designated website and no other place instead of that and neglect people who do message you specially into payment matters.

BroganBloodstone

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:08:26 PM

Yes. Even when it looks like it is coming from a credible source you follow on social media. Many people faking accounts these days...
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:25:20 PM

The scammers are just everywhere nowadays, they just pop up everywhere be it Telegram, Twitter, Facebook. One has to be really careful before clicking and entering in any link given in any of the social media websites.

decoder88

Activity: 346
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:35:24 PM

Am already aware of scammers and also thank you for remaining and guiding me. We should always think twice and many times before taking a decision to trust, so that we can avoid by getting trapped into scam and loose our money. Never ever share your account details which is the first step in scamming
To be scammed also feels like your loosing money, and who would want to feel it. I must say that everyone is scared of being scammed that is why everyone is trying their best to pay attention and to stay alert to avoid scamming, and to never let it happen. But ofcourse sometimes even if you try hard not to get scammed, their are still people who will do it.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:50:01 PM

that's true have many many bad people nowaday's in the world they want to earn in the bad ways, becarefull to the people have an bad intentions
to avoid losing do not sent your coin without proper study or investugation about the project they can offer people in the internet site.

Manc89

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:13:04 AM

Thank you for reminding us. As of to day scammer are every where they are always around and waiting for the proper timing to bait anyone that has no idea about them. Many scammer now are sending they ETH and BTC address to anyone and offer they services and support to you and they pretentious that they are one of the admin. And again beware to the scammer.

Yes scammers are every where so please becarefull. As of today, i was asked to send etherium to buy token which i know the token ico has reached hardcap.
So if i dont aware to check whether the ico finish or not then i will get scam.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:06:14 AM

Scamming begins when there is someone and something to be scammed. Always be on your guard and never ever disclose to and share with anyone or anything any information which can be misused to your financial disadvantage.

Scammers are simply waiting for that one opportunity to strike, that one weak point when they know they have you on a leash. Some are known to painstakingly build rapport over a long stretch of time while they carefully plot the most devious and effective approach to scam you. The aim is to play the dominant role in any discussion or negotiation. If they have the upper hand, they expect you to follow their commands like a leashed dog. Send me the coins now... Give me your recovery phrase now...

Being firm and guarded is a good anti-scam trait. Firmly refuse to be pressured to do anything if you know it will jeopardize your coins. Never be afraid to say no. Scammers often use pressure to deprive their victims of any chance to think about what's happening or what they are doing or even seek a second opinion.

Learn to detect or identify bluffs. It is a scammer's tool. Hurry, give me that private key so I can help you recover your coins before your wallet self-destructs... Now that might be an extreme example but it nevertheless works in a few situations. Believe it or not, there are people who fall for that kind of nonsense.

When you are asked to do something, pause. The best way to identify a threat is to transpose or put yourself on the other person's shoes and ask yourself why he needs that information. One of the best ways to achieve this is to be inquisitive during any trade or transaction. If I were in his shoes, what would I do with this blockchain wallet's mobile pairing key? Why does he want my email address? Why is this message from escrow grammatically wrong? Why is he rushing me to do this? These are just some examples of questions you might face during a trade.

Another way to thwart scammers is to ask for a second opinion. Don't be afraid to open a thread and ask. The worst case scenario is getting scathing or rude comments but that is infinitely way more tolerable than losing your money or coins. Scammers love Skype and email or other chat platforms because they want privacy. A private and enclosed space where they can rape you financially, away from the eyes of anyone who might forewarn you.

Common sense. When you see it labeled private key, you know it's something meant for private use. You don't share private things with strangers, do you?

Be safe, guys.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: