Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:56:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Help needed] EOS to ETH-adress on MyEtherWallet.com without configuring  (Read 101 times)
Jochen67 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:17:54 PM

Hi guys,

I bought some EOS on shapeshift.io and transferred it into my wallet on myetherwallet.com.
Unfortunally the wallet is not configured for EOS and I sent them to my normal ETH-adress. The transaction failed.

Is there any way to get the EOS into my wallet anymore or is the money gone?

Regards
Jochen
Doctor.Strange

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Go Big or Go Home

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:05:33 AM

EOS token is already listed on MEW, you just need to send tokens straight to your ethereum address. If transaction is failed, send them again, apparently you didn't paid enough fee in the first attempt.
Toxic_1988

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:47:11 AM

Hi guys,

I bought some EOS on shapeshift.io and transferred it into my wallet on myetherwallet.com.
Unfortunally the wallet is not configured for EOS and I sent them to my normal ETH-adress. The .

Is there any way to get the EOS into my wallet anymore or is the money gone?

Regards
Jochen
MEW could easy configured for any kind of token. If the transaction failed that means you don't have enough fuel.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:57:03 AM

Myetherwallet is able to support ERC20 tokens, EOS is one of them. As mentioned above, most probably it is because of the fees that caused the transaction to fail. Review your fees and try to send again. The following website show you the recommended fees to pay.

https://ethgasstation.info/
Jochen67 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:48:50 PM

Thank you. I did not have any ETH on my wallet. Is this the reason the transaction failed?

Now I put 0,1 ETH on the wallet and registered it with public/private key for EOS.
Do I need to change any settings at the fuel to receive transactions in the future now?

The following description is written in the etherscan.io transaction:
TxReceipt Status: failed
Warning! Error encountered during contract execution (Bad instruction)
The ERC-20 Token Transfer might have failed (ErrCode: unable to locate corresponding Transfer event log), check with sender

Now if it failed, I think the sender got the money back, right?
Unfortunally shapeshift.io did not answer to my question the last 2 days:(
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: