Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:52:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin will replaced all fiat currencies?  (Read 176 times)
jakeartuz (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:37:39 PM

for me i think 1 day will come all fiat currencies will be lost and only cryptocurrency will remain
freakingcat

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:39:30 PM

so you'll buy a loaf of bread with your phone? isn't that a little weird?

iRakic

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:54:09 PM

Fiat currencies will be replaced with something different currency for sure. Before it happens, a big revolution in the world needs to happen first. After all, fiat currency is not backed by any real value. I just hope that more and more people will understand it. Right now the only good practical alternative for this is cryptocurrency. However, I don't think it will happen in my lifetime.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:56:43 PM

for me i think 1 day will come all fiat currencies will be lost and only cryptocurrency will remain
Since a past week I am just fed up of cryptocurrencies. I mean I am just over these. People come with an ICO other people invest their money into it in hope of increasing their money. The ICO creators just take all the money to develop their project and give a shitcoin in return. Which is tradeable and the story ends there is no further development in the ICO. Tell me one ICO which has completed its project completely? Is this the way in which we imagine that all crypto will prevail?
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:57:48 PM

its good question.i think next generation will go for paperless money.crypto is changing world

seizetehday5

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:58:40 PM

No because that would be catastrophic to the world trade economy and it simply won't happen. The usage of fiat money may go down severely but it won't cease to exist soon, perhaps way down the road like 50 years it can.

giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:10:12 PM

It will actually take more time than we are expecting currently there isn't any currencies which can be used offline and the internet services isn't available everywhere in the world plus the costs is too high. A national currency shouldn't add any extra cost. Maybe by 2050 when internet is actually free crypto currencies might come into consideration.

Secondly handling the load many coins don't send instantly or the fees is really high. Only ripple seems perfect till now but still fees is required.
Ozero

Activity: 2058
Merit: 180

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:25:59 PM

Bitcoin will never under any circumstances replace all fiat currencies. He has not the slightest chance about this. The states are very different, some will accept the crypto currency, others will treat it cautiously and restrict its circulation, while others will openly forbid it. In addition, even if the state recognizes bitcoin as a legitimate means of payment, this does not mean that the whole population of this country will immediately switch to its use. Some categorically do not want to do this and no one can force them to abandon the currency fiat, which will be convenient for them.

SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:29:33 PM

Crypto is crypto and fiat is fiat, no one can ever replace the other one around. Both will stay forever.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Tarima24

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:32:35 PM

in my opinion, there will be a time or will come a time, only DIGITAL Currency will exist on this world, so they'll invent more than bitcoin., we're toward on that place. they call this "Paperless society" world.  Smiley
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:48:30 PM

It is absolutely unrealistic that bitcoin should ever replace all currencies in the world fiat. With such high volatility of bitcoin, when he now jumps in price for thousands of dollars every day, then down and up, and if he grows up in price, then, accordingly, his price will change by tens of thousands daily, no state can plan development of its economy. In addition, many states were treated earlier and now continue to be hostile to each other and will not want to use one currency and depend on each other. Wars have already occurred since the birth of our civilization and are unlikely when they will cease. Therefore, until then and the chances of bitcoin, no one will become a single currency in the world, even under the most favorable conditions for this.
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:59:49 PM

The founder and CEO of Overstock, Patrick Byrne, said: "Do you think this is a bubble?  And what about that fiat currency that is now in your purse?  This currency, called the dollar, is provided only by the excessive power of the US tax authorities.  I think it's time to switch to real money - gold or bitcoin. "I fully agree with him.
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:18:26 PM

I personally do not think Bitcoin will replace all fiat currencies. Just take a look at Bitcoin. Slow confirmation, high transaction fee (especially for small transactions), easily clogged by some random fool, etc. If that would be the case, fiat is much efficient then. However, the existence of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency is the key in moving into digital money as secured as Bitcoin.

Buying with your wrist is weirder.
kinki32

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:20:11 PM

it's wrong position
Bitcoin - it's virtual money, fiat - it's micro payment solution.
rezzx

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:31:27 PM

this question has been answered several times here. no that cannot happen since governments won't allow that. even if they do it will take lots of years before bitcoin becomes widespread enough to be used in a daily use and by then, who knows how the world will look.
youdacapt

Activity: 1820
Merit: 295

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 08:34:25 PM

It is absolutely unrealistic that bitcoin should ever replace all currencies in the world fiat. With such high volatility of bitcoin, when he now jumps in price for thousands of dollars every day, then down and up, and if he grows up in price, then, accordingly, his price will change by tens of thousands daily, no state can plan development of its economy. In addition, many states were treated earlier and now continue to be hostile to each other and will not want to use one currency and depend on each other. Wars have already occurred since the birth of our civilization and are unlikely when they will cease. Therefore, until then and the chances of bitcoin, no one will become a single currency in the world, even under the most favorable conditions for this.

fiat is a form of special economic sovereignty, to the extent that they will not accept bitcoin as a second currency, but the prospect will be different if America ends up wanting to consider bitcoin as a common currency all over the world, many countries will appreciate and tighten rules positively. But bitcoin will remain in a position not as the successor of fiat, just a common currency option.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Reid

Activity: 2898
Merit: 642

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:08:34 PM

But it isnt weird to buy a loaf of bread for a piece of round metal or a piece of paper with a face in it?

That is all weird.
I do believe bitcoin cannot be the fiat of all.
It can be something. An internet money. Something no one should convert when they go to the internet to buy stuff.
Imagine that happening then online shops wont have to deal with questions like how much this is to my money and that blah blah.

That can happen. A higher possibility.
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:11:48 AM

This is evident that bitcoin has come a long way since it has begun and has reached immense heights of success and popularity among people and it has lead to increased users through out the world. But still I don’t think that bitcoin will be able to replace fiat currency. Because firstly, fiat currency is way more popular than bitcoins and also has many many more users through out the world. Secondly, fiat currency is a stable form of currency and its value does not fluctuate often whereas bitcoin is not a stable currency therefore its value fluctuate a lot.
xugzr272186

Activity: 278

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:33:36 AM

Blockchain technology will change the entire financial market in the future, as a representative of the blockchain technology bitcoin will be increasingly welcomed.
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:38:47 AM

This will not happen. Fiat currency will stay there and maybe a digital fiat currency will be created for fast transaction and ease of access.

crypto currency such as bitcoin will also stay but not as a currency. bitcoin will be a medium for storage of great wealth.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: