Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:28:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Old computer - am I a millionaire?!  (Read 167 times)
HodorHodl (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 58

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:07:23 PM

TLDR: Nope.

Briefly got into the mining craze in early 2013, then life forced me to change direction.

Dragged out the old PC last weekend to see what interesting wallets I might have....

None, as it turns out.

Almost all funds (I think about 250 LTC was my main one) held on Cryptsy. Welp.....yeah, ok.

I do have a lot of FateCoin, if that one ever comes back Tongue

BitCoin core contained approx $40 worth of BTC....pretty happy with that tbh Smiley
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DoctorMoney

Activity: 63
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:46:14 PM

TLDR: Nope.

Briefly got into the mining craze in early 2013, then life forced me to change direction.

Dragged out the old PC last weekend to see what interesting wallets I might have....

None, as it turns out.

Almost all funds (I think about 250 LTC was my main one) held on Cryptsy. Welp.....yeah, ok.

I do have a lot of FateCoin, if that one ever comes back Tongue

BitCoin core contained approx $40 worth of BTC....pretty happy with that tbh Smiley

Hmm it's awesome to look back into the past and see something you have been doing turned into a success but the worst is that you didn't continue with it and just forgot about it

about cryptsy i found this : https://www.coindesk.com/8-2-million-court-orders-default-judgment-cryptsy-ceo/
People who held something there probably are able to sue them, maybe you can prove you have been a member there and that you had 250 ltc by blockchain if you can, 250 ltc is not a small amount Smiley

Anyway welcome back to crypto world. I'm currently mining some btcz on my pc for fun.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1345120)
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:43:09 PM

$40 in BTC. Not bad mate. Better than nothing. At least you actually retrieved something. I don't even have the slightest idea on how much bitcoin I had on my 2012-2013 PC. Made me lose significant amounts of sleep in the past just thinking about it. (What if I had multiple bitcoins?) Too bad my old pc was dumped.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:58:07 PM

At least it was worth your time to dust off that old PC. It's a shame there wasn't more on that drive. In 2012 and 13 i didn't know of Bitcoin's existence. You might think what you got from it is a small amount but look at me and many other people. We got nothing!
Thanks for sharing the story with us.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: