Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:44:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rx580 overclock -> Windows 10 blackscreen  (Read 102 times)
chrusso (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:33:37 PM

Hi,

Might be a silly question but I got a bit lost this time... I'm setting up the new rigs, so I installed windows 10, installed 1 card, the "amd blockchain drivers" (http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-[Suspicious link removed]pute-Release-Notes.aspx), then I used:

1) GPU-Z to grab the BIOS
2) and PBE (Polaris Bios Editor), loaded the original driver and then applied the timing patch.
3) I finally used ATIWinflash to overwrite the BIOS.

Now, after re-starting I'm getting a blackscreen when loading windows 10 / occasionally shows "service_system_exception" blu screen...

Add: not sure if it's important, but when I loaded the original bios with PBE it alerted "invalid checksum - save to fix"...

I'm not being able to start windows with the card connected at this point... any ideas?

Kind regards;
Chris
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xexen4

Activity: 756
Merit: 290

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:41:06 PM

no, you must flash your gpus with old ver. amd drivers and after with moded rom install blockchain driver and patch it.
blockchain driver is not allow bios flashing for signature checksums
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:43:21 PM

1) GPU-Z to grab the BIOS
Not a good idea. Save the original BIOSes with Atiflash as well. There's been multiple reports from people having problems with BIOSes saved with GPU-Z.
chrusso (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:48:11 PM

So...

1) Uninstalling blockchain drivers with DDU
2) Grabbing BIOS with ATIWinflash,
3) Flashing with PBE,
4) Overwritting also with ATIWinflash

Now... how do I get windows to read the card again? Uninstalling the drivers?

I'm getting this error if I connect the card, over and over, then BSOD.

chrusso (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:59:34 PM

Thanks guys! I've been able to start windows with the card by uninstalling the blockchain drivers....

I'll connect a 2nd card and grab the BIOS from it using ATIWinflash, mod it, and then install the blockchain drivers again. Let's see how it goes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: