Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:30:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Here to try out the ASICMINER Erupter USB Miner, opinions?  (Read 586 times)
justjobe (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:49:57 AM

Hi Guys,

Just signed up for an account here, so on newb restrictions atm T_T

Since I'm killing time, anyone here have personal opinions on the Asicminer Eruper USB miners?
I've still got some btc lying about from some time back and was thinking of playing about with a few of these miners from SilentSonicBoom's group purchases.

Also would like feedback if you are have made international purchases from SSB's offers before, and any trouble faced shipping it to you, would be great.
I myself am from Malaysia.

I'm of course optimistic and hope I hear some good news from you folks out there.

Cheers!!!

JJ
justjobe (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:59:47 AM

What? Oh-no I can't even PM ppl yet in newbie mode??? gaaaaaah!!!!

SOMEONE PLEASE TALK TO ME!!!!

....love me....

=_= *sigh*

Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:02:00 AM

Hi. You will never(?) get back the amount you pay/paid for your ASICMINER USB block eruptors.

justjobe (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:10:42 AM

I see.

Would the blade make more sense then?

Anyway, just figured that I would want to play around with the whole idea of mining for a bit.
This is more about educating myself on the ins/outs of mining more than actually making $$ Smiley

Thanks for the tip!

Cheesy
-jj
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:13:04 AM

I see.

Would the blade make more sense then?

Anyway, just figured that I would want to play around with the whole idea of mining for a bit.
This is more about educating myself on the ins/outs of mining more than actually making $$ Smiley

Thanks for the tip!

Cheesy
-jj

Ok. I am also going to buy an USB block eruptor but I'm waiting for cheaper prices. I don't know about the blade. There are some serious boards coming (out of pre-order stage) soon. I recommend bitfury-powered miners.

justjobe (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:24:49 AM

Ok. I am also going to buy an USB block eruptor but I'm waiting for cheaper prices. I don't know about the blade. There are some serious boards coming (out of pre-order stage) soon. I recommend bitfury-powered miners.

Grand advise. There is indeed sooo much I need to catch up on.
Right now I might get a couple USB miners to muck around with.

...then onto more serious homework!

Really appreciate the feedback mate Smiley

-jj
HelloHI

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:34:04 PM

Are these Usb miners any good ? Itt would be easy to set up an array of Usb Hubs. How comparable would it be to othere rigs ?
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:15:09 PM

on a whole if you have them right now there ok... but if your buying them then i wouldnt pay to much as the odds are your never going to see a return on investment..

iv got 2 USB block erupters and a 3rd on its way the reason i bought them is not a return on investment but more of something i can play with they also put out more then my GPUS and electric is tiny amounts each year.. if there still going in a years time they will have paid themselves off... Smiley

wookee13

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 06:58:10 AM

Just a note of caution to all. Purchase only from the reputable sellers and re-sellers on the forum. Got scammed earlier by an Indonesian and Cyprus based company when the supply was low and price for the USBs were high.
explicitkk

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:50:19 AM

I bought three of them just to take the stress off of my GPU
DorothyV1

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 09:24:04 AM

You will most likely never see ROI with those. Check out last difficulty change (36%!). Unless you pay for them something like 0.1 BTC.
quemever

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 10:32:13 AM

There is a website coirwarz.com that you can use to calculate the profit that you can make. It seems profitable to me, therefore I'm going to spend a few btc to check it out.
There are some group buys on this forum. Anyone has some good experience with a particular one?

Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: