Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:19:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pump and dump collective?  (Read 1953 times)
cassieheart (OP)

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:16:21 AM

So i had an idea with really no know how on if it could work or how to implement it but here goes. I have been trading on BTC-e and i see that all the markets are controlled by large coin holders they pump and dump leaving the little guys screwed. So what if a large group of  us little guys got together and formed a Pump and dump collective and took the power out of the few large coin holders hands? could this work? Would it be profitable? How would we go about forming and controlling our group? Flame away.... Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:17:43 AM

That works until one member realizes they can profit more by front running all your moves and bankrupts you all.

Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:21:52 AM

Means you will not be able to control the crowd. The single big coin holders can move the market on their own.. If you wanted to do it as a group, you need super trusted partners. And it's not even guaranteed to work!

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:22:16 AM

Depends on the markets, perhaps this is better moved to the alternative coin area as Bitcoin whales are going to be impossible to overcome.

For Litecoin I know that a handful of people control 30% of all Litecoins. If we want to overcome this force we need to have at least 3,000,000 Litecoins between the group. If we can not muster even 40% of this sum we better just give up now.

Also this would require trust between perhaps a thousand people, trust that one does not screw all the others.
cassieheart (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:30:48 AM

What if we dumped the funds into one huge pool and a few people controlled the next moves by votes?
There has to be something that would work. It can't be all Doom and gloom.
WinVery.com

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 09:26:06 AM

Everyone will take a turn being dumped on ?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 08:58:13 PM

The simple way to avoid pump and dump is to not be there, that goes for any sort of fight, speculation is pretty dangerous if you're playing with a lot of cash and don't have a lot of experience doing it, I wouldn't recommend going anywhere near it until you've at least studied how to read the candlestick charts properly and even then there's no guarantee you'll make a profit.

All I can recommend is that if you do want to go into this the best thing to do is get into it when the prices are so low that it won't matter how much they mess with the prices, that said, this appears to be the same problem we had with Bitcoin. A lot of people were complaining about this but eventually as more and more people moved in the people with the huge chunks of cash hardly mattered anymore, I suspect that will be what will happen with the alternate currencies as well as people find the niche they like. I'm no experienced trader though but that's just what I've seen happen from looking at the the way the markets have been moving, I wouldn't run around panicking just yet, people had the same attitudes about ASIC's and 51% attacks or the government buying out Bitcoin ( lol Cheesy ) and nothing has really happened.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 09:53:21 PM

What do you think mtgox is doing?
Kuroth

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 10:07:57 PM

The simple way to avoid pump and dump is to not be there, that goes for any sort of fight, speculation is pretty dangerous if you're playing with a lot of cash and don't have a lot of experience doing it, I wouldn't recommend going anywhere near it until you've at least studied how to read the candlestick charts properly and even then there's no guarantee you'll make a profit.

All I can recommend is that if you do want to go into this the best thing to do is get into it when the prices are so low that it won't matter how much they mess with the prices, that said, this appears to be the same problem we had with Bitcoin. A lot of people were complaining about this but eventually as more and more people moved in the people with the huge chunks of cash hardly mattered anymore, I suspect that will be what will happen with the alternate currencies as well as people find the niche they like. I'm no experienced trader though but that's just what I've seen happen from looking at the the way the markets have been moving, I wouldn't run around panicking just yet, people had the same attitudes about ASIC's and 51% attacks or the government buying out Bitcoin ( lol Cheesy ) and nothing has really happened.

Good Advise

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4473

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:19:17 PM

the btc-e P'nD'ers do at least hint what's happening. to warn people that don't understand the process, to stay away.

so if you don't understand the word play they use to create panic then, when they shout out a certain coin is gonna P'nD'. Find a different coin to play with for a few hours.

its all about reverse psychology and causing others to make the movements so you don't have to try as hard. and then profit before causing the reverse, to then profit a second time.

as for creating a group collective of 'little guys'. this will not work as well. for these reasons.

big fish only put in 10% of their funds into a P n D purely for fun or to get an easy 1-2% profit (10% of their 10%). getting little fish to put in alot more of their funds would cause a few of them to be scared of losing their funds and some will react sooner then expected.

the other part is that unless you have a pair of pliers locked onto their genitals, most people have their own minds and plans to profit. so if they see a opportunity to get an inside scoop of when a P n D is going to happen. they will all try to be the first in first out of any plan. so unless you can control a group into conforming like robots to only trade on command. then i would think any collective of more then 3 people will fail.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 10:20:23 PM

That could be a possibility via BitPools.

See my signature.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 11:43:39 PM

stop market manipulation and collusion by doing market manipulation and collusion hmm

ok
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 12:24:37 AM

You can't pump and dump bitcoin.  It's two unrelated concepts.  Bitcoin isn't a stock so you already know there's no income stream or assets that appreciate.  It's mostly just a medium of exchange.  I don't know what it is you are trying to accomplish on btc-e but perhaps you're just not as good a "trader" as you think.

Shutup

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:07:46 PM

So i had an idea with really no know how on if it could work or how to implement it but here goes. I have been trading on BTC-e and i see that all the markets are controlled by large coin holders they pump and dump leaving the little guys screwed. So what if a large group of  us little guys got together and formed a Pump and dump collective and took the power out of the few large coin holders hands? could this work? Would it be profitable? How would we go about forming and controlling our group? Flame away.... Wink

Dumps, This is the best  time to collect dump coins now to trade, hold and save. This is the easiest way to get rich because buying and holding is the best way to earn bitcoin. So when pumps of the price is began they patiently wait for the right price for them to become richer. Use a strategic plan for your future. Just collect and collect now then we sold it on the right time.
Yeti011

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:31:15 PM

We are a group of people that are sick and tired of getting destroyed by PRE PUMPED PUMPS. Today is really hard to find a decent group that has regular pumps and that communicates well with the community.

That is why we decided to make our own group, Apollo Pumps. No ranks,no pre pumps, no scams,no premium. Same rules and conditions for everybody.

The more people you bring to the group the more BTC you get.

Also 5 person that lost money in the pump will be randomly chosen and will get a refund.

The pumps will start once we hit 1000 members.

The idea in the future is to have minimum 5 pumps a week.

Help us create a group that you are looking for. .

https://discord.gg/BefTxbn

Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:49:12 PM

You need a lot of people doing this,especially if you are going for small amounts.There is alot of telegram/discord groups doing this by the way, you can either join them or make your own group and promote it ( if you really know what you are doing)
But from my experience pump and dumps,even if they are well organised it's risky

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:21:38 PM

Many of the resident members here already join up in teams for a bit of pump-en-dump and you will find them
if you look around some of the other forums here.

The real big pump is USDT that is not backed by real $USD so what people see as "Demand" is
really just a sham anyway and this is the real reason Bitcoin is going down but don't tell the slot
machine players, save yourself, mums the word !

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Revolvingdoor

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 07:34:28 PM

aiviaa485

Activity: 183

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:26:06 AM

it is very difficult to combine all traders into one, because every trader has their own personal and emotions.

if those who have a lot of coins they are certainly the carrier itself and they also do not want to be dumped because if they dump it will lose.
cassieheart (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:47:32 PM

Damn this is an old thread..  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: