Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:12:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Source Code for SHA512 on MS Excel or spreadsheet app? Provably Fair Poker  (Read 4967 times)
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:39:22 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2013, 02:25:18 AM by Dabs

Hi,

I've been looking and looking, on google, on stackexchange, on vb/vba sites, but just in case, someone might have already found a verified and working SHA512 implementation on MS Excel 2003 (Windows XP) or equivalent spreadsheet application. I can download and use any open source or free spreadsheet app, like OpenOffice or LibreOffice.

I found SHA256 that works in Excel, which is what I use to calculate the winners for my lotto game. So maybe, someone found one or modified something that does SHA512.

I understand there is source code for every other programming language and I will eventually port whatever it is I am doing to PHP or some web server based implementation.

So I just need this for quick testing without having to go compile something every time I need to test a few strings.

I need either the source code or macro code, no matter how slow it is, as long as it works. It does not have to be optimized.

Thank you for any help or any link that you could point me to, that I have not yet found.

I am trying to make some "Provably Fair" games and I'd like to migrate from SHA256 to SHA512.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:29:01 AM

No one? Nothing? I guess I am on my own then. I did find source code for VB6, so I might consider attempting to port that to Excel VBA / Macro.

Also, instead of starting another thread, I'd like to ask, what do I need to start an online gambling site, like Poker for example? There are already SealsWithClubs, SatoshiPoker and a few others. They all seem to use either Flash, HTML5, or a downloadable game client.

Obviously, I can't do this on my own, ... but assuming I'd want to enter a market that is dominated by giants such as PokerStars, aside from a domain name, hosting, and some developers, what else do I need? (Let's pretend I got all the licenses needed as well, but if I don't accept money, that might not be needed.)

doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 10:44:11 AM

Sorry, i wrote a reply, but mustn't of worked.

.net has sha256 built in Security.Crypto namespace.   Now you can use .net components in vb6 or vba, using a com class wrapper.  Its messy but works.

I havent done it for about 8years, so my memory is a bit fuzzy.
BetWithCoins

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 10:54:57 AM

Im about to launch www.betwithcoins.com sports betting without signup.  PM me if you'd like to work together.  I have a few other games i want to develop too.
tactrad

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:42:28 PM

No one? Nothing? I guess I am on my own then. I did find source code for VB6, so I might consider attempting to port that to Excel VBA / Macro.

Also, instead of starting another thread, I'd like to ask, what do I need to start an online gambling site, like Poker for example? There are already SealsWithClubs, SatoshiPoker and a few others. They all seem to use either Flash, HTML5, or a downloadable game client.

Obviously, I can't do this on my own, ... but assuming I'd want to enter a market that is dominated by giants such as PokerStars, aside from a domain name, hosting, and some developers, what else do I need? (Let's pretend I got all the licenses needed as well, but if I don't accept money, that might not be needed.)

Did you ever make any progress on this?
I'm trying to connect Excel to Cryptsy and need the 512 to make it work
everythingbitcoin

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:07:02 AM

Hope this is what you're looking for.

https://polarssl.org/sha-512-source-code

If not, I'll keep on searching

Best of luck

EDIT:
A couple more finds..hope these are of help

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11394811/compute-sha512-on-vba-excel-2003

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/pthasher.asp

1PwJU4fD54TSdSr63PLyqE8cwTxKERPouE

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:44:14 AM

I found some slow but working code for another dialect of basic, PowerBasic. In my main poker thread, I showed how I shuffled a million decks using SHA512 overnight (about 10 hours?) using my slow laptop.

It uses CryptAcquireContext from the Win Api.

So, no, I haven't gotten a working SHA512 for Excel though. Sorry.

I also saw Karen's hash thing, but it was a head ache trying to port it over to VBA or even to just use it for plain VB6.

stamen123

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 09:12:30 PM

Regarding the provably fair poker you need to contact an already working online poker network - I have contacts to many of them and could help you with this if you have the idea how to make such a provably fair random generator.

Such a site will kill Stars, iPoker and all - and they will fight you way more than currently banks fight the bitcoin based businesses.

The issue with a provably fair poker is how you want to implement it in such a way that no one is able to see the cards dealt to other players while proving your fairness...

I have read many ideas on proving poker fairness the crypto-way but none of them has the power and simplicity used by SatoshiDice to prove they are fair... Tell me yours.

P.S. I am the owner of www.igrach.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: