Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:33:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Servers for btc  (Read 3401 times)
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2011, 03:46:32 AM

This is why you should invest in the bitcoin credit report agency .  Smiley

Actually yes, if just a man had a profile on this system, he'd have made a deposit. After defaulting on his agreement he'd lose that deposit, the funds for the trade would have been in escrow and would be safe.

On top of that just a mans credit rating would take a hit, and his default would permanently be on his record for anyone doing future dealings with him. And because his profile is tied not just to his facebook profile, but that of his friends he can't just come back with a new accout (he could but his credit rating for a newly created accout would be so low no one would trust him).

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
breandan81

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2011, 05:45:01 AM

Not sure that's way cheaper than what they cost actually, depending on the details of the agreement, I have a virtual server for $15 a month and I'm allowed to resell hosting.  So for the same price I could act as a middle man between someone here to accept bitcoin as payment, not looking to get into that business though, just saying the offer of hosting for 20 btc a month isn't totally out there.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2011, 05:53:26 AM

Not sure that's way cheaper than what they cost actually, depending on the details of the agreement, I have a virtual server for $15 a month and I'm allowed to resell hosting.  So for the same price I could act as a middle man between someone here to accept bitcoin as payment, not looking to get into that business though, just saying the offer of hosting for 20 btc a month isn't totally out there.

The first sever he leased to me was for a dedicated server, 4 cores, 2 gigs ram for 10BTC a month.

These are dedicated servers he was selling, not a VPS.

You are right though, that is a viable business model for anyone interested.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
bencoder

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2011, 07:08:46 PM

I really do think the guy lost his job. He was probably an admin at a hosting company and thought he could make some btc on servers that were not being used (without telling his boss). This is why I was able to get a dedicated server for only 10btc that first time, and why the prices were so good. It's also why he's been moving others around onto different servers. Requests came in for the servers and he'd have to move us off them (as we were the illegitemate customers) onto something else temporarily.

This was generally the impression that I got, but it doesn't really explain why he claims the coins are spent but they haven't moved from the addresses we sent them to.
I looked at mtgox and it seems you have to specify how much is going to the account before it gives you an address so I guess he wouldn't have received my second payment of 30 bitcoins since I sent them without warning to the same address as he previously gave me and then sent an email afterwards. So it would still suggest he is lieing about having spent the bitcoins.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
February 17, 2011, 07:53:34 PM

The addresses don't look like EWallet addresses. Usually there is significant "churn" with transactions sent to EWallet addresses, but these transactions have not been redeemed even after a month.

Maybe his wallet was on one of his servers, which he lost access to.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: