Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:26:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asus B250 Mining Expert with server PSU  (Read 227 times)
joenova (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:45:20 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 11:26:01 PM by joenova

Can I run the following config with a B250?

Main ATX PSU plugged into group A connectors and also powering risers and GPUs, and than have another group that is powered by a server PSU? I wasnt sure if this would work since the board seems to want a 24 pin and 4 pin molex in each GPU group.

Also I was able to run the board with 4 gpus in group a with one atx power supply but as soon as I add a second atx power supply to group b it will not power up? What could cause this? Group B does not have any GPUs its just the power supply is that the reason? I did not want to hook up more GPUs until I got it to power up but maybe it has to see something in Group B PCIE slots if there is a power supply in the respective group.
block2chain

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:40:05 AM

Had the same issue with the B250, use the 24 pin connectors only, skip the molex it does something weird to the PSUs, I had to return on PSU cause I couldn't get it operational.

My working setup with b250
  • 3 x 1000w PSU - All 3 atx 24 pin plugs in the board (this daisy chains the mobo/psu on off cycles)
    PSU A - powering mobo 24 and additional CPU port on mobo as well as the ssd hdd, 4 GPUs and risers
    PSU B - powering 6 GPUs and risers
    PSU C - Powering 3 GPUs and risers, I have 3 slots/cards waiting on ASUS to unlock the BIOS to enable beyond 13 GPUs...
    No Molex connections

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: