Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:16:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XRX] RCoinX - The final and fixed generation of RCoin  (Read 3639 times)
coin8coin

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:25:00 PM

seems it';s not working !  dev please stop your testing ~~~ you'v released 3 test projects till now

and now it's just a Forknote coin.....even no place to set password for wallet  Sad

what's different ? any special than the past 2 version ?

the old RCOIN has a very new idea, it's so different with other altcoins, why not keep developing on that Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
liotmaan

Activity: 324
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:28:12 PM

No more go blockchain? Oh well.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:36:08 PM

seems it';s not working !  dev please stop your testing ~~~ you'v released 3 test projects till now

and now it's just a Forknote coin.....even no place to set password for wallet  Sad

the old RCOIN has a very new idea, it's so different with other altcoins, why not keep developing on that Huh

He should at least show some progress with this new one. Huge supply so this one might end up at 1 sat or no value at all. That is if there's no significant development here.
Ronsor (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:38:56 PM

seems it';s not working !  dev please stop your testing ~~~ you'v released 3 test projects till now

and now it's just a Forknote coin.....even no place to set password for wallet  Sad

He should at least show some progress with this new one. Huge supply so this one might end up at 1 sat or no value at all. That is if there's no significant development here.

I actually have a roadmap this time. My next project will be improving the messaging feature, which is currently still very basic (but working! I encourage you to try it).
riiiiising

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:45:41 PM

RCoinX

RCoin is a decentralized peer-to-peer currency building upon the ideas of Bitcoin. The latest version, RCoinX, is a CryptoNote based cryptocurrency that I’m sure you’ll find is convenient and great to use. RCoin is designed to be ASIC resistant by requiring relatively large amounts of memory per hash.

The old RCoin had various issues, from not working at all to too much inflation.

Max supply is 1844674407 coins with a block time of 10s.

We also include a new "Anonymous Message" feature allowing you to send an anonymous message to anyone on the network.

For the full description, see our site: http://tinyrcoin.github.io.

Please note there is no real premine. About 11 blocks were mined simply to test the coin.

There are no pools yet, but I hope there will be soon. Also we're looking to get listed on any decent exchange. If anyone here can help us, please PM me.

My address (XRX): F7ZDViDNSaYL8a13mzh2FCM2L7StmS1CtYNhtZ1ba1uqLU3kVAUuAKZYi89mkXqtrfB52Vs23eAtHAz SnX6t8YiSKvgoXbF

Edit: Remember to start mining everyone! It doesn't make sense if I only do it.

What is the advantage of your coin over, for example, Zerocoin? There is anon tech and fast transactions and it seems that you are not offering much more than that at this point in time?

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:49:49 PM

Seriously, you didn't even change the coin name from "forknote" in CryptoNoteConfig.h, left all the seed nodes as bytecoin nodes, didn't set a proper base_58_prefix etc etc. If you're going to do a copy/paste coin, at least bother to change the things that need changing.

Ronsor (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:03:32 AM

Seriously, you didn't even change the coin name from "forknote" in CryptoNoteConfig.h, left all the seed nodes as bytecoin nodes, didn't set a proper base_58_prefix etc etc. If you're going to do a copy/paste coin, at least bother to change the things that need changing.

I didn't recompile, I wrote out a config file with the options I wanted. That's supported. My main selling point is the anonymous messaging which I've written from scratch.
Ronsor (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:14:19 AM

seems it';s not working !  dev please stop your testing ~~~ you'v released 3 test projects till now

and now it's just a Forknote coin.....even no place to set password for wallet  Sad

It does work. Also on the password bit: I am working on that and if you recall, previous RCoin did not have password support for wallets.
HellRoxYa

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:17:36 AM

No, it doesn't work.
dominguero

Activity: 427
Merit: 212

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:22:05 AM

10 second block time... why??
Ronsor (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:22:28 AM

No, it doesn't work.

I have many active peers and several miners. I'll have to see more why it doesn't work for some. I test on my PC and in a VM, but that doesn't cover every configuration so it's hard to tell.
elr01

Activity: 238
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:27:14 AM

I'm starting to feel rich  Cheesy
Code:
2018-Jan-14 01:29:03.831452 INFO    available balance: 1759.0788348559, locked amount: 0.0000000000
Glundung

Activity: 153

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:27:28 AM

RCoinX

RCoin is a decentralized peer-to-peer currency building upon the ideas of Bitcoin. The latest version, RCoinX, is a CryptoNote based cryptocurrency that I’m sure you’ll find is convenient and great to use. RCoin is designed to be ASIC resistant by requiring relatively large amounts of memory per hash.

The old RCoin had various issues, from not working at all to too much inflation.

Max supply is 1844674407 coins with a block time of 10s.

We also include a new "Anonymous Message" feature allowing you to send an anonymous message to anyone on the network.

For the full description, see our site: http://tinyrcoin.github.io.

Please note there is no real premine. About 11 blocks were mined simply to test the coin.

There are no pools yet, but I hope there will be soon. Also we're looking to get listed on any decent exchange. If anyone here can help us, please PM me.

My address (XRX): F7ZDViDNSaYL8a13mzh2FCM2L7StmS1CtYNhtZ1ba1uqLU3kVAUuAKZYi89mkXqtrfB52Vs23eAtHAz SnX6t8YiSKvgoXbF

Edit: Remember to start mining everyone! It doesn't make sense if I only do it.
Excuse me, why don't you put more info about the project here, instead of redirecting to your website.
I think it's easier to get the information than we have to go back and forth to another link.

PotatoPants

Activity: 235

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:42:32 AM

No, it doesn't work.

I have many active peers and several miners. I'll have to see more why it doesn't work for some. I test on my PC and in a VM, but that doesn't cover every configuration so it's hard to tell.

I couldn't get the GUI Wallet working, however managed to set up the daemon, the simple wallet and the miner from command line (windows 10, 64 Bit)

I'm getting a few blocks here and there running a Ryzen 1700.

However I'm suspecting the scale/economics of the coin might be out of alignment (broken) due to the massive coin distribution of 1844674407 coins

I've grabbed block height 582, 597,603,619,636,643,644,672,689,690 and 728 in the last 30 minutes or so.

Obviously this is early days and I'm one of the few miners who have this working. I'm using a Ryzen 1700, but only devoted 6 threads to the mining, so I'm not exactly a mining powerhouse (plus I'm not going to burn my CPU with all coins at 100% for such a speculative endeavour).

So I've got 2198 coins in the simple wallet now, which sounds fantastic in theory for 30 minutes of mining.

But, thats in theory...

The problem is, the coin supply is 1.8 Billion Coins.
And, the coin is Cryptonight.
As soon as someone sets up a pool (and gets GPU mining up), anything I mine now is going to be a tiny drop in the ocean and a complete waste of time and energy. I suspect people will be pulling millions with a GPU.

So, whilst I love the "no-premine" and the opportunity to grab a few blocks early, the reward for doing so is just not enough for me to be crushing my CPU on my desktop PC. Especially when you consider even a 1 sat price on an exchange seems very fanciful based on the massive distribution.

Dev : I applaud your tenacity and efforts to get your coin off the ground, but I'm not sure the massive distribution is a good idea. Having said that I'd welcome your input and thoughts into why you might think otherwise Smiley

Ronsor (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:06:28 AM

No, it doesn't work.

I couldn't get the GUI Wallet working, however managed to set up the daemon, the simple wallet and the miner from command line (windows 10, 64 Bit)

I'm getting a few blocks here and there running a Ryzen 1700.

However I'm suspecting the scale/economics of the coin might be out of alignment (broken) due to the massive coin distribution of 1844674407 coins

I've grabbed block height 582, 597,603,619,636,643,644,672,689,690 and 728 in the last 30 minutes or so.

Obviously this is early days and I'm one of the few miners who have this working. I'm using a Ryzen 1700, but only devoted 6 threads to the mining, so I'm not exactly a mining powerhouse (plus I'm not going to burn my CPU with all coins at 100% for such a speculative endeavour).

So I've got 2198 coins in the simple wallet now, which sounds fantastic in theory for 30 minutes of mining.

But, thats in theory...

The problem is, the coin supply is 1.8 Billion Coins.
And, the coin is Cryptonight.
As soon as someone sets up a pool (and gets GPU mining up), anything I mine now is going to be a tiny drop in the ocean and a complete waste of time and energy. I suspect people will be pulling millions with a GPU.

So, whilst I love the "no-premine" and the opportunity to grab a few blocks early, the reward for doing so is just not enough for me to be crushing my CPU on my desktop PC. Especially when you consider even a 1 sat price on an exchange seems very fanciful based on the massive distribution.

Dev : I applaud your tenacity and efforts to get your coin off the ground, but I'm not sure the massive distribution is a good idea. Having said that I'd welcome your input and thoughts into why you might think otherwise Smiley

Each coin is supposed to have a lower value. I do not want one coin to be worth $100 or $1000. Preferably, one coin would be worth $0.10, which is the reason for the higher block rewards.
Sn000py

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:32:22 AM

I'm starting to feel rich  Cheesy
Code:
2018-Jan-14 01:29:03.831452 INFO    available balance: 1759.0788348559, locked amount: 0.0000000000

Code:
2018-Jan-14 04:31:05.878443 INFO    available balance: 43972.7189693091, locked amount: 219.8548039806
Grin Tongue
crimealone

Activity: 644
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:54:48 AM

Why you keep start a new thread? You should stick to one. Only in this way can you build up a strong comunity. The community will help you to test it before its final launch. But why.... This is your 3rd project.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
wmmail07

Activity: 194

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:27:37 PM

WTF?Huh? Huh
Again SCAM coin?

1. RCoin
2. RCoin Plus (a fixed version of RCoin)
3. [XRX] RCoinX - The final and fixed generation of RCoin

Next
RCoinX - ver 2, ver 3 etc..

FAKE!!!!
Ronsor (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:38:59 PM

WTF?Huh? Huh
Again SCAM coin?

1. RCoin

Next

FAKE!!!!

This is not a scam, especially since I'm not asking for money.

And yes, there will be a v2, but not as a separate thread.

Edit: If it was fake, what would I gain? There's no malware so I couldn't make money from a botnet or something. Just try to waste people's time? That'd waste my time too.
dominguero

Activity: 427
Merit: 212

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:41:01 PM

WTF?Huh? Huh
Again SCAM coin?

1. RCoin

Next

FAKE!!!!

Scam? Why ? this is not an ICO, presale, premine even.  This is a fair ANN, like the 2 others. I understood a angry miner of the last coins, I am sad with my HashRate lost in the last project, but less and less, because is part of the game, and now I am learning to accept these losses as I accept the profits.

Bitcointalk is not a supermarket, is a forum, of user, miners, holders, speculator... and devs of cryptocurrencies, anyone is free to make a 3, or 1000 iterations of his project. And we are free to mining or not.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: