Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:09:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallets for altcoins?  (Read 207 times)
kluader (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:34:04 PM

Hello guys.
Where do you store your altcoins?
I am scared to store it at the exchange site.
btcwish1

Activity: 401
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:51:10 PM

Hello guys.

Exodus is a good muti currency wallet.  you can give it a try. 
kluader (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:53:14 PM

thanks mate. Im mostly interested for ripple and secondly for other cryptos.
jimbo2000

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:54:15 PM

Hello guys.

I use myetherwallet for most of them as they are mostly erc20 coins but some are not and so I have to find wallets that support them, most that aren't erc20 will have their own wallets and I just use them.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:56:43 PM

I'm holding alts in Binance with trading to make more money
8rch7

Activity: 1372
Merit: 465

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:22:00 PM

hi friends, my own for storing altcoin depends of the coin type, if altcoin is ethereum based, i usually save in MEW, if based waves, i usually keep it in waveswallet. but sometimes I also store on the wallet of exchange, so when the price goes up no longer need to deposit a coin.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:23:35 PM

I'm holding alts in Binance with trading to make more money

Worst, WORST, advice, EVER. Do not even store your tokens in there if you do not want to lose them in some future. Storing your money in an exchange is the worst thing that you can do.

What if the exchange gets seized? What if the exchange decides to close it's doors?

There are a lot of possible and potential situations in where they would keep your money.

Do not be so lazy, buy a ledger nano, and store all your cryptos in there, this is the best thing that you can do, obviously that you only have to do this if you care about your money..
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:35:45 PM

I see someone suggested you exodus if you actually holding a decent amount of ripple and alts which have a value of more than $2k then buy ledger. It is a hardware wallet , you don't have to sync your wallet , it is completely offline , the only way someone steals your funds is by physically using the device and it is a lot safer than any online wallet.
bitcoincitr

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:40:53 PM

U can buy physical wallet (Ledger Wallet) in www.ledgerwallet.com. This is much safer than other wallets.
btcwish1

Activity: 401
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:43:51 PM

The issue with ledger nano is, there are preorder and it will only be delivered after 30th MARCH . that's crap..
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:54:11 PM

Hello guys.
I stored my altcoins in MyEtherDelta however there are news  that MEW was compromised.
Anyway I have just read in reddit that it's not true.
https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/7p6c8v/is_mew_website_being_hacked/
So it is still safe to store your altcoins erc20 in MyEtherWallet. Just be careful though.
Mevz

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:43:20 AM

It always depends on the platform of the coin MEW is compatible for ERC20 based tokens. There is also Waves wallet and they call those tokens that you can store with it are waves platform. But now there is something new to discover like the stamps wallet they also have their own platform it was just like waves.
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:40:09 AM

Hello guys.
I stored my altcoins in MyEtherDelta however there are news  that MEW was compromised.
Anyway I have just read in reddit that it's not true.
https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/7p6c8v/is_mew_website_being_hacked/
So it is still safe to store your altcoins erc20 in MyEtherWallet. Just be careful though.
Your MEW wallet will be safe until your private key is safe so it is better to understand that myether wallet can't be hacked and it is better to keep your system offline so no phishing links can steal your private keys.
Even though MEW is only for ethereum and tokens but it doesn't support other popular altcoins like litecoin, bitcoin cash or monero.So Coinomi is one of the best wallet to store multiple coins and it is nkt a better idea to store yiur altcoins in an online exchange.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:36:07 AM

The ones i trade regularly i store on exchanges, the ones im holding for long term are held in my personal wallet, i will only sell them after i see huge profit.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:11:26 AM

Hello guys.

Up to now, I use two places to store my altcoin. The first one I use MyEtherWalet for my online wallet. Actually, if we talk about safe and insecure it depends on how we make use of that. All I have to do is be careful in storing security to access MEW, and until now MEW is very safe for me. And sometimes I use Coinomi to save some Altcoin I have. But Coinomi can be used in mobile phones only and used offline. From some of the above answers, you can make a reference to save your Altcoin.
SaoAccel

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:54:18 AM

I am using My Ether Wallet. It's probably the best wallet for me to store altcoins. Most altcoins can be stored in MEW. In security, it depends on you to handle it. The best tip would be put the files in your flashdrive and never give it to anyone next would be, don't give your private keys to anyone. Your private key is the key to open your wallet so don't give it to anyone.
Santri

Activity: 1092
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 08:55:44 AM

there are many wallets for altcoin like waves, metamask and myetherwallet, depending on which platform to use, but i use myetherwallet as my wallet because its usage is very easy and simple

Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:06:16 AM

Hello guys.
Most of the projects have advises about how to store their tokens/coin in their official website or whitepapers. If your altcoin is an ethereum based token i can advise myetherwallet. Many people use it for so long without any problem.
CAPTAINPLANET

Activity: 111

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:10:58 AM

Myetherwallet is best and clean ui wallet yet secure , Never store your valuable coin in any exchange until you decide for daily trade .
MEGATRON_S

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:23:23 PM

I use myetherwallet for most of them, because they are mostly erc20 coins, a handy and good wallet, with good protection, and many who advise it
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: