Bitcoin Forum
October 05, 2024, 09:45:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Android users look over here!  (Read 562 times)
subtector (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 11:13:51 AM

Ok, let's cut to the chase. I am currently collection information for a little project I have. I have made a little application that gives me the information I require.

Overview of what I am collecting:
Your phone model
Your phone manufacturer
The width and height of the screen
The brand
The Android version
The screen DPI
Nothing more.

In order to do this, you need to download the APK on your phone from: http://[Suspicious link removed]/spkapk

Then just install it, and press the submit button (this will send me the information automatically). After that you will get a code. Copy that code, or just type it down, and send me a PM with it!
fildza

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 11:23:03 AM

You just created this account a few minutes ago. How people will trust you ?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
subtector (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 11:25:07 AM

Dude! You told me to create an account.. Sortof?
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 11:30:46 AM

This is suspicious as hell.

If you need some stats try this: http://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html
Addz

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:27:54 PM

I would stay away from this unless he makes the code public if you want that information though I'm sure people would be happy to provide it to you if you'd just ask for it.

Bitcoiners in general are rather tech savvy and I'm sure we could gather the information for you if you'd ask for it... unless of course your motives are rather uncouth in which case you don't really want that info anyway.
subtector (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:51:26 PM

This is the only forum where people actually been suspicious. . Anyways. I dont see the point of being suspicious about an android app.. whats the worst that could happen except for your phone getting keylogged or crashed. Theres no way an APK could entierly ruin a phone?
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:05:32 PM

This is the only forum where people actually been suspicious. . Anyways. I dont see the point of being suspicious about an android app.. whats the worst that could happen except for your phone getting keylogged or crashed. Theres no way an APK could entierly ruin a phone?

This is totally dodgy.  Unless subtector posts the source for his app, it seems obvious he is looking to do more than just survey screens.

subtector, if you want people to trust you, why not address the concerns head on:

1) reveal more about your project by talking about *why* you want to collect the information that you say you want
  2) reveal the source code for the application that you want people to install

Given that your reply to people security concerns was "i don't see the point of being concerned", I think this makes you seem all the more suspicious.

Good luck!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: