Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:30:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decrease Population  (Read 3159 times)
Isaac_Ramirez

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:37:55 PM

Really? A whole strange lot on here. So many people seem to be in support of war. I had to actually pinch myself to be sure I wasn't dreaming. Wars don't reduce population only. They also reduce infrastructure and resources. What does this imply? It means we are always back to square one or even worse. I have a question of mine. Why is human population we need to reduce. Why not increase our productivity?

Wars actually cause an increase in the population. Check the population charts of countries such as Russia and Germany which suffered the most from WW2. There was a sudden spike immediately after the war was over. War is never the solution for anything.
I just opened up the USSR demographic history (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_Soviet_Union). It looks like they lost about 16 million people during WWII. Other sites actually said they lost 20 million. It looks like it took them over 15 years to replenish the population after that. I not sure sure that is so fast. I do know what you mean by the baby boom though. Of course, during war people do want to have children because there is a lot of instability and danger. It's hard to say that war causes populations to grow. It is actually stopping war that lets the population grow again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:25:39 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2018, 03:35:25 PM by markj113

Do we really need to decrease population? Why? Lots of people in the world are dying every second, anyway. What's the point in decreasing population?

But there are more being born than die hence the global population exponential growth.

The point of decreasing the population?  
The Earth has finite resources and can only support a certain number of people before starvation, disease and a lack of fresh water will cull the herd.
Jarvis Edge

Activity: 864
Merit: 3

Interoperable finance | https://jarvis.network

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 12:55:00 PM

Actually demography experts are not that worried about population increase. They claim that we will never see the 12 billionth person in the world. Over 90% of the world economies have increased last year, slowly but pretty surely the standard of living of the people around the world is getting better. This is a long process but eventually even what we call third world countries will metamorph in societies that resemble western such. This decreases birth rates, there are number of examples to back that up. Overpopulation is not that big of an issue, it will decrease over time.
Thank you for this positive perspective. I had read some of the literature before about overpopulation being a myth. I even read that we may have underpopulation problems. I never heard about never seeing the 12 billionth person though. I agree that the world is definitely getting "richer". Things are getting cheaper to produce overall. More people are able to afford conveniences that didn't even exist just a century ago. I also have a very optimistic view about the future of our world!

Definitely Isaac. There is a lot to read on that around the net, but here is a good motion graphic video for you to take a look at. It sums it up nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsBT5EQt348

Borderless Trading and Interoperable Finance with Jarvis Network (https://www.jarvis.network/)
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:17:02 PM

LOL, did the surviving children of Thanos migrated here from Reddit?  Grin

Really? A whole strange lot on here. So many people seem to be in support of war. I had to actually pinch myself to be sure I wasn't dreaming. Wars don't reduce population only. They also reduce infrastructure and resources. What does this imply? It means we are always back to square one or even worse. I have a question of mine. Why is human population we need to reduce. Why not increase our productivity?

I view it as like increasing food supply, you make more food available, you allow the population to grow even larger. Only being a truly circular economy (everything gets recycled back) could ensure we never run out of resources and we're still far away from that. Hence why people are suggesting reducing population instead to buy us time.

Wars actually cause an increase in the population. Check the population charts of countries such as Russia and Germany which suffered the most from WW2. There was a sudden spike immediately after the war was over. War is never the solution for anything.

Probably depends on how many people die off in an event. Europe lost a quarter to half of its population due to plague and it took centuries for it to recover, enough time to make the survivors' descendants a bit better off.
FilesFM_Official
Copper Member

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 10:56:28 AM

Ideological Subversion is the most practical way. Using think tanks to influence social discord.

1.) empowering women
2.) promote and create campaigns to increase homosexual activity
3.) use Hollywood to promote the 'hero of the movies' to be a single guy from a broken home or a dysfunctional family unit.
4.) push the MTV carefree lifestyle of 'the self'
5.) push individualism.

Isaac_Ramirez

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:31:10 PM

Definitely Isaac. There is a lot to read on that around the net, but here is a good motion graphic video for you to take a look at. It sums it up nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsBT5EQt348
Yes, I hope you are not meaning to argue with me. This was a very good video actually. I enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing. It talks about population growth actually going down. It's called the demographic transition. All countries go through it, just some later than others. I really liked the point they made that it is in everybody's interest to have people all over the world be less poor. There will be less refugees and more stability. It would also decrease birth rates more quickly. It seems like the overpopulation is a dated scare. It's not a really problem, as was feared in the 1960s.
Kick

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 04:15:03 PM

We should not worry about the population it will decreased itself once the natural resources is not enough for the population. Like water or oil will became scarce countries will start a war and eventually millions or billions will be dead.With scarce water and oil,  diseases and starvation would be rampant and thus population would also be reduce.

But there is one solution for this without reducing the population, we should conquer space and the planets. Create floating habitat like McKendree cylinder or O'Neill cylinder from materials of the moon, asteroids and other planets. Mars can be converted into 500+ earth size habitats or cylinder.

Barmalei06

Activity: 79

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:25:50 AM

Any kind of global war with modern tech involved
but do not you think that now there is an attempt to reduce the population or to contain growth?I look, I read, and I understand that this is so. at least in my country. those facts when medicine is eradicated, sell horrible non-natural products from which diseases subsequently arise. when there are diseases in the world that were not there before, the diseases of which die. I believe that many people do notIt is necessary, but we need efficient slaves
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 09:22:05 AM

The overpopulation trend, for the most part has already been reversed. So much so now a lot of nations are not even meeting replacement levels of reproduction.
dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:56:54 PM

The best way is for society/religion to stop forcing those who don't want children or only want 1 or 2, to have them/more of them. Not everyone wants children and it is not selfish not to want them. The biggest thing an individual can do for environment/this Earth is not have kids.
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:19:32 PM

Earth is a living organism.

At some point it will just get tired of all the pesky humans destroying it and unleash some sort of plague that will take care of us.

Probably some form of super flu or some other nasty disease....
Phenoca

Activity: 94

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 12:37:18 AM

Everyone who said population planning gets my approval. Less subsidies for having children means less people having children. Radical, yet practical, and objectively moral because it sets precedent for people to reproduce sustainably.
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:09:45 AM

What do you think is the best way to decrease population?
The best way to decrease population in the world is war . War can be the most destructive event that can ocvur in this world , because of the new technology now , there where nuclears that countries have now to use when world war happens. That will be the time many people will be killed.

BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:33:42 AM

I don't think we ever need to come up with the solution because each year that goes by, this world becomes more and more unhabitable and even the lifestyle of people is very unhealthy. Our life expectancy will go below that average so I'm not worried.
iTradeBit

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:29:14 PM

Is there any civilized way to do that? I don't think so.
33bitcoin

Activity: 223
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:29:10 AM

Probably some secret organized wealthy people will unleash a new form of virus that will wipe half of the population. Because just think about the diseases that just pop up in some countries, it does not really evolve from simple diseases but those paid scientist are instructed to create it to kill a lot of people.

This wouldn't surprise me at all.  It's a common conspiracy that AIDS were created in a government laboratory.  I believe the Gates foundation is pushing a depopulation agenda as well.

Modern medicine and food have made become very unhealthy.  When people go to the hospital they are pumped full of drugs and prescription pills are like eating candy now.  Most of the food sold in stores is processed and filled with unnatural additives. 
ClassyDancer

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:22:06 AM

Probably some secret organized wealthy people will unleash a new form of virus that will wipe half of the population. Because just think about the diseases that just pop up in some countries, it does not really evolve from simple diseases but those paid scientist are instructed to create it to kill a lot of people.

Or what about digitizing the earth and humanity? Perhaps technology can have unlimited storage to accommodate the growing population. There are actually readings to back up this possibility.
https://ventrellathing.wordpress.com/2013/11/28/immortality-can-humans-attain-eternal-youth-and-not-destroy-the-planet/
http://goddessathena051.wixsite.com/website/blog/virtual-reality-and-transhumanism
What do you think?
PolinaCryptoN
Copper Member

Activity: 403
Merit: 8

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:47:02 AM

I think war is not an option. You can't just kill people to decrease population. The only smart move would be to regulate the birth rate. Don't know if it's smart or not, but China has a rule that you can't have more than 2 kids if you live there (The number was 1 but after twin birth aborts it was reviewed). In my opinion, preventing too much births is the only smart move in this situation.
Purwodadi717

Activity: 51

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:04:04 PM

What do you think is the best way to decrease population?
I think to reduce our population we have to take care of our marriage, after that we apply the method of two children enough, in my country this method is called family planning, and then avoid free sex that can make the population more numerous.
I hope this helps.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:43:36 AM

The overpopulation trend, for the most part has already been reversed. So much so now a lot of nations are not even meeting replacement levels of reproduction.

Depending where you look at.

All 3rd world nations still have a birthrate of 6.0-10.0+ Sad

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌