Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 05:01:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-08-16 - IW- Bitcoin Boom? US fears digital currency may hit dollar demand  (Read 846 times)
btceic (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 02:10:09 PM

http://investmentwatchblog.com/bitcoin-boom-us-fears-digital-currency-may-hit-dollar-demand/

The US is becoming increasingly concerned over virtual currencies, launching broad investigations into Bitcoin and the likes. The online currency has won official recognition with a US federal judge ruling it is real money. A Texas man, being tried for laundering billions of dollars using the Bitcoin system, challenged the court by saying bitcoins were virtual and couldn’t be the basis for a fraud charge. He failed. RT’s Peter Oliver went to meet those who have no doubt bitcoin has real value.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=INczWHXYSCs&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DINczWHXYSCs%26feature%3Dplayer_embedded

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3276

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:34:24 PM

... A Texas man, being tried for laundering billions of dollars using the Bitcoin system ...

Fail.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 05:22:07 PM

All in all a positive message.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Bitcopia

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:23:59 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2013, 07:34:54 PM by Bitcopia

... A Texas man, being tried for laundering billions of dollars using the Bitcoin system ...

Fail.

Seriously. Why is the media having such a hard time getting their facts straight regarding bitcoin? Is it laziness, ignorance, intentional FUD, the fact that it is just too complex to understand in its entirety, or a nice blend of all four?

EDIT: This is actually a pretty good video, it looks like she just goofed that one.  Smiley
enquirer

Activity: 306
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:49:43 PM

Because those who write in the media paid tons of money for liberal arts "education"
monkeybars

Activity: 278
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 09:22:34 PM

Bitcoin is very, very difficult to understand for laypeople. It took me hours of study before I understood the basic protocol and system characteristics, and barebones infrastructure (wallets, exchanges, escrow).

Luckily, that's only important for us early adopters, bc it's extremely easy to use. Once it reaches the tipping point that barrier to understanding the inner workings will be as important as the inner workings of the Federal Reserve to Johnny Consumer, ie, not at all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: