Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:59:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicehash worker issue  (Read 178 times)
BTC22 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:10:54 AM

SO I just fired my rig up yesterday and I keep getting "dead worker" notifications. Is this normal? If not, what is the recommendation?
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:41:07 AM

SO I just fired my rig up yesterday and I keep getting "dead worker" notifications. Is this normal? If not, what is the recommendation?

Im not using Nicehash miner but sounds your rig/GPU is not getting any hash or shares, have you checked with miners status if its indeed working? you may try also other miners out there just to isolate if you are facing a hardware problem.
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:56:23 AM

Im not using Nicehash miner but sounds your rig/GPU is not getting any hash or shares, have you checked with miners status if its indeed working? you may try also other miners out there just to isolate if you are facing a hardware problem.

Miner is working. I am getting paid
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:22:18 AM

Miner is working. I am getting paid

Then probably its not dead, it might not getting any buyers share. or a false positive alert, you may open tickets with it for support to get clarification on Nicehash.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:40:03 AM

Are you talking about the email notifications?

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:41:57 PM

Are you talking about the email notifications?

I am actually.
gotminer

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:42:20 PM

Well I think the least amount of time offline in order to get an email notification is 10 minutes.  Used to be anyway.  So it's at least offline that long each time you get a notification.  What's on the miner when you get the notifications.  I guess it's possible that it's doing a lot of disconnecting and auto reconnecting. 

Are you using wifi or ethernet?  I'm not saying that your connection is dropping, but something is causing the software to stop hashing.  That's one possibility.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:54:41 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 03:09:42 AM by BTC22

Well I think the least amount of time offline in order to get an email notification is 10 minutes.  Used to be anyway.  So it's at least offline that long each time you get a notification.  What's on the miner when you get the notifications.  I guess it's possible that it's doing a lot of disconnecting and auto reconnecting.  

Are you using wifi or ethernet?  I'm not saying that your connection is dropping, but something is causing the software to stop hashing.  That's one possibility.

It's Wi-Fi actually. I sat in front of it and watched. I did not see any disconnects or dropped packets, either while mining or in my router.
gotminer

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:42:08 PM

You did or you didn't?

BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:10:15 AM

You did or you didn't?

Thats what happens when I type from a phone.  I did not see any disconnects or packet drops.
gotminer

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:17:23 PM

You watched it until you got an email saying it was offline and never saw anything out of the ordinary in the software?

baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:04:09 PM

Stop using nicehash Smiley

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:44:29 PM

You watched it until you got an email saying it was offline and never saw anything out of the ordinary in the software?

Nothing, except, the worker went offline.
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:45:39 PM

I am open to suggestions for Nidvia cards!
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 04:50:10 PM

Why would he stop using it? Its very profitable, especially now when they got free coinbase transfer, that you then can move for free to GDAX, which has free withdrawls! Its really really good now.

On the matter of topic, they just released a new version i belive, try updating.
gotminer

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:08:01 PM

Why would he stop using it? Its very profitable, especially now when they got free coinbase transfer, that you then can move for free to GDAX, which has free withdrawls! Its really really good now.

On the matter of topic, they just released a new version i belive, try updating.

Hate to admit it, but he's right as far as profitability goes.  The thing I hate about someone using it on their very first miner build is that it causes them to never educate themselves on mining singles.  They end up mining for months and have no clue about hash rates, other exchanges, cli wallets, various other gui wallets, coin research, and the list goes on and on and on.  

And then the day (a day like we saw back in December) comes where NH is down for two weeks.  Those people weren't running their miners, because they had no clue how to mine a single coin.

To the OP ... There are a handful of good algo's that are good for Nvidia cards.  Equihash is one of them.

BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:41:41 PM

Hate to admit it, but he's right as far as profitability goes.  The thing I hate about someone using it on their very first miner build is that it causes them to never educate themselves on mining singles.  They end up mining for months and have no clue about hash rates, other exchanges, cli wallets, various other gui wallets, coin research, and the list goes on and on and on.  

And then the day (a day like we saw back in December) comes where NH is down for two weeks.  Those people weren't running their miners, because they had no clue how to mine a single coin.

To the OP ... There are a handful of good algo's that are good for Nvidia cards.  Equihash is one of them.

Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: