Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:15:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you forget why we have Bitcoin?  (Read 167 times)
HG_Lincs (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:01:17 AM

I had replied to another topic somewhere on the forum with this, but after posting it, I actually felt that it deserved its own discussion.

I think people are losing touch with the whole idea behind Crypto Currency. Profit this, profit that. What is everybody basing "Profits" off? Fiat Currency?
I thought the whole Idea behind crypto, is to abolish fiat?

Everyone wants to make a quick buck right now.. All they want to do is get some Bitcoin and sell it for Fiat Currency. Just totally missing the whole damn point.

When you buy/mine or earn crypto right now, you're supposed to be keeping it for the future. The ONLY reason you should be selling off your bitcoin, is because you're getting a good price to buy into an Altcoin, and vice versa. Only reason you should sell an Altcoin, is to buy Bitcoin.
Bitcoin and Alt coins will Always go up in value, because Fiat currency will Always go down in value. (Inflation)
Everyones gotta stop being so greedy and start thinking about the future a little bit more. And start embracing Crypto for what it was meant to be.

The only way Bitcoin can die, is if people just stop using it.
There is no reason why anyone should stop using it. The system is already pre built. We just have to utilize it.

Coinmarket cap already gives you the value of every coin, compared to BTC.
Why is everyone still worrying about BTC/USD?
BTC/USD should concern everybody just as much as the CHF/JPY does.
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:05:59 AM

No, The main Idea of Bitcoin is still with me, but as of the time being I am also buy and sell Bitcoin because it is part of my source of income. You also can not blame other people for switching it to FIAT because sad but true not everyone accepts Bitcoin, some of them still needs to feed their family. The idea of replacing FIAT is years away from happening. We may see this happen in our lifetime but this can be in the far future.
HG_Lincs (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:28:00 AM

If you're buying crypto and because of it, can't feed your family. You're doing it wrong from the get go.
Not everyone accepts Bitcoin. This is very true! And yes, it needs to spread around more as to where more and more goods and services can be purchased using Crypto Currency.

Should you be spending every last penny you have, to buy Crypto? No. With the current system, Fiat is still a very strong part of how we live our lives. So you have to be smart enough not to leave yourself in a difficult situation. Instead of buying $10, 000 worth of bitcoin. Buy $10 of it, feed your family, have enough to buy food for your family. And, you've acquired some bitcoin.

Before this boom of Bitcoin Trading. What did you do for extra income to feed your family? There are a million different ways to earn Fiat currency.

Unless you're sitting on a whole bunch of extra cash, you spend what you can afford on Crypto. Because exactly just like you said. It could take YEARS for Crypto to be known as the main currency. So why would you spend $10, 000 today and leave yourself broke, when you can spend $100 this month, $100 next month. And still be able to live your life.

[edit]
Does the phrase "Easy Money" come to mind?
People are so damn lazy.
donaldrobin

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:32:54 AM

This indeed deserves its own topic, a lot of people just buy for a quick buck and do not what is behind a coin
When the price stabilizes I think it will all be better, even though that might be years from now
TWagner92

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:35:02 AM

A lot of newbies doesn't really know why bitcoin was created. So I guess the very purpose of bitcoin was forgotten, they came here because they know that bitcoin is profitable.
HG_Lincs (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:42:08 AM

Yup. The news says "Bitcoin was worth $20 a couple years ago now it's worth $20, 000" Everybody now wants in.

What the news should tell you is "1 bitcoin was worth 20 of our dollars, but now that our dollar isn't worth as much anymore, now it takes $20, 000 to buy 1 Bitcoin"

Just like it cost 50 cents to buy bread back in the day. Its not that Bread got more Expensive........ Your "Money" just lost a ton of it's value...
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 03:53:41 AM

The financial aspect of it is surely the most popular thing driving it today. I am not worried with making fiat money, I am more interested in actually being able to use the coins. Really loving that states are trying to make signature smart contracts legal.

Positivebetting
HG_Lincs (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:08:56 AM

Exactly. If people want to start making "LOTS OF FKNG MONEY" Take the steps to create a business that Does accept Crypto.
You're going to be the next Windows, Apple, Bell Telephone.

You're losing out on SO MUCH money, buying and selling crypto for Fiat currency, it litterally blows my mind.

Whoever comes up with the first Real Estate company who uses Blockchain and Crypto, I want to be a part of, because THEY are going to be Stinkin rich!
Along with the first Grocery store ect. All these Pioneer companies using this stuff, are going to be top Dogs when push comes to shove.

There are already so many companies already out that provide goods and services for crypto.
When you're on coin market cap, instead of wasting your time lookng at the price in USD, go to the website of that currency and find out what it is that they have that they are offering the world.
I get goosebumps thinking about some of the things that already exist. The world is going to be a VERY different place in just 5 years.
Mark My Words.
heisenberg0000

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:18:04 AM

I had replied to another topic somewhere on the forum with this, but after posting it, I actually felt that it deserved its own discussion.

I think people are losing touch with the whole idea behind Crypto Currency. Profit this, profit that. What is everybody basing "Profits" off? Fiat Currency?

Everyone wants to make a quick buck right now.. All they want to do is get some Bitcoin and sell it for Fiat Currency. Just totally missing the whole damn point.

When you buy/mine or earn crypto right now, you're supposed to be keeping it for the future. The ONLY reason you should be selling off your bitcoin, is because you're getting a good price to buy into an Altcoin, and vice versa. Only reason you should sell an Altcoin, is to buy Bitcoin.
Bitcoin and Alt coins will Always go up in value, because Fiat currency will Always go down in value. (Inflation)
Everyones gotta stop being so greedy and start thinking about the future a little bit more. And start embracing Crypto for what it was meant to be.

There is no reason why anyone should stop using it. The system is already pre built. We just have to utilize it.

I think the real question here would fall under the point of each persons "subjective" point of view. I could see that base on your comment you are leaning towards a long term HOLD of the btc/alts you have gathered. But for some the quick profit is their goal. So for me, we cannot insist on how people would plan how to use or then to take profit based from their holdings.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:51:53 AM

I think the real question here would fall under the point of each persons "subjective" point of view. I could see that base on your comment you are leaning towards a long term HOLD of the btc/alts you have gathered. But for some the quick profit is their goal. So for me, we cannot insist on how people would plan how to use or then to take profit based from their holdings.

While I can not insist on how an individual should use his crypto holdings, I think the real question still remains what the OP is originally saying: Which is adopting cryptocurrency for payment and transactions in the place of fiat! In other words, moving to the era where we actually spend cryptocurrency on goods and services and not converting it to USD before spending it.
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:41:34 AM

While I can not insist on how an individual should use his crypto holdings, I think the real question still remains what the OP is originally saying: Which is adopting cryptocurrency for payment and transactions in the place of fiat! In other words, moving to the era where we actually spend cryptocurrency on goods and services and not converting it to USD before spending it.
Crypto currencies are just like paper money but different in appearance. The purpose and function of digital currencies is similar to that of paper money.

It is more cherished because here in the world of crypto coins, one has full control over his or her money which is not possible with paper currency. Crypto offers you higher level privacy and no involvement of third party in transactions. Well, there are many uses of crypto and it is totally up to user how he uses it.
mulukey

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:54:02 AM

The financial crisis in 2008 made investors fear. The US Federal Reserve (FED) has to inject money to help the global economic downturn, prompting questions and losing confidence in the government-issued currency.
Bitcoin was born in that time with the blockchain technology, which works like a plus book listing all transactions. The current value of bitcoin is over $ 11k and peak at $ 20k. The whole world is interested in bitcoin and investment in the cryptocurrency market is trending very hot.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:06:18 AM

Crypto currencies are just like paper money but different in appearance. The purpose and function of digital currencies is similar to that of paper money.

It is more cherished because here in the world of crypto coins, one has full control over his or her money which is not possible with paper currency. Crypto offers you higher level privacy and no involvement of third party in transactions. Well, there are many uses of crypto and it is totally up to user how he uses it.
Using fiat currency includes VATS & Taxes which are controlled by the government in which prices can also be manipulated by the certain law of a country. Using crypto eliminates all of that and we all have a freedom on using it.

Mr.Smithers

Activity: 105

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:14:40 AM

you are right. If anything, one should be comparing the price of bitcoin to gold Smiley Gold value is actually very stable across the human history (the golden ounce coin would allow you eat comparable number of meals in ancient Rome and in Los Angeles in 21st century).
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:21:15 AM

crypto are not even close to be ready to replace fiat (which was the initial purpose of it), people at the moment are only focusing on the market value and wants to make money out of it.
The project behind is still there, many people like me embraced BTC because of the idea behind, the technology and the use of it.
If the trend will continue like this, most of the people (besides the early adopters and enthusiast) will just use BTC as an another way to make money and that's sad for me.
antchains

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:26:09 AM

Have to say, many people are now using bitcoin to invest money, of course, including me. But in this process, we will promote bitcoin to more people. Those of us who make money with Bitcoin are sure to learn some bitcoin knowledge first, so that we can explain Bitcoin to others.
elizavetausova0112

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:15:12 AM

Of course I remember. I started investing a year ago. I really liked it! Good profit. From that for I'm only in investments
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: