Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:13:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price prediction for 2018: DeepOnion  (Read 271 times)
Ebenezar64 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:39:39 AM

With the newly released Whitepaper for the DeepOnion project, I think there is enough information out there to make a qualitative future price prediction going into 2018. Speculation is something we all love to do and the cornerstone of making money in the crypto investment world.

You can also find the full article on Steemit. If you like it feel free to come and upvote: Price prediction for 2018: DeepOnion

What are the important factors to consider?

So what do we need to consider before jumping into predicting a reasonable future price of DeepOnion?! Well, we don't really need to go too deep into the technology except to mention some existing and upcoming features of DeepOnion:

• Privacy crypto with TOR integration
PoS Staking starting out at 10%
  • DeepVault launched and web application planned for Q1
  • Android Wallet and VoteCentral planned for Q1
  • DeepSend planned for Q2
  • Smart contracts and Zero Knowledge planned for Q3

In order to predict a price for DeepOnion what we must consider are, the total coin supply and the possible future market cap of the coin. In order to speculate around this I am using some information that I have gathered during my research. The total coin supply can easily be found at CoinMarketCap.com and is a little over 19M coins after the Airdrop is finished, all the bounties are handed out and developers have been paid. The AirDrop will finish in 16 weeks but the Bounty + Developer fund of 3M each will not be fully distributed by then, max 1M from each of these will be distributed in the coming 16 weeks in order to leave room for future marketing and development. So we can assume a coin supply of about 15M DeepOnion coins in 16 weeks. That is about 3x the current circulating amount. If we assume the price per coin stays the same that is a market cap of approximately 100M dollars. Now what is a reasonable future market cap for DeepOnion in the coming months?

Determining Future Market Cap

Crypto Oracle, a famous Youtuber, mentions shortly in his Youtube video that a crypto that allows something to be sent through TOR should have at least an evaluation of 4-500M dollars. Just to put things in perspective, the current Market cap for DeepOnion is at around 30M dollars at the time of writing this article.
From what I have seen so far from the developers I think we can expect most of the features to be delivered according to the time plan and that there is going to be some hype around it before it happens. Just look at what happened to Verge when they announced their "Wraith Protocol".

Since Verge is also a TOR integrated crypto this is actually a very good price comparison and something that we must take into consideration. Verge is currently at a total market cap of around 2,2B dollars. Lets take a while and list some of the other "Privacy Coins" out there to give and overview of a potential future market cap for DeepOnion.

• DASH: 9.5B
  • Monero: 6.5B
  • Verge: 2.5B
  • ZCash: 2B

Now these are the big "giants" in the Privacy Space right now but the underlying technology of DeepOnion isn't worse than any of these: Zero Knowledge of ZCash and TOR integration of Verge. Also has many unique features which I have mentioned. The most important thing behind DeepOnion is a very strong and supportive community and that is what could drive DeepOnion up to clash against the giants.

Screenshots taken from CoinMarketCap

Now, DeepOnion isn't as well know, or quite as big, as Verge was before it had its big break a little less than a month ago. But I think of DeepOnion as Verge, before it started "breaking out". You can see the timeline I am indicating in the image above. The curves might not be identical, which is the different time frames and they depend on BTC behavior at the time, but hopefully you understand what I want to illustrate. At the time Verge had a market cap of around 300M and the first real "jump" took it up to around 700M. This could be a fair assessment of where DeepOnion is today. Considering Verge is today at 4x this price and the "real market cap" of DeepOnion is around 100M (at least will be in 16 weeks) then a future market cap of DeepOnion would land around the 400M range.

Conclusions

This seems to end up around the numbers that Crypto Oracle was talking about and that would be a fair assessment if I thought DeepOnion was "only" a TOR based crypto similar to Verge. So a careful estimate a price prediction for DeepOnion would land around (= 400/15):

$25-30 per ONION as a careful estimate

But to continue my analysis, personally, I think DeepOnion has so much more going for it than Verge or even ZCash; the DeepVault feature for file verification, the supportive community, Smart Contracts and the community-driven development of VoteCentral.

What I think will happen is that opinion will be split among those who support Verge, ZCash + other giants and those who support DeepOnion. Since DeepOnion also share technology with ZCash (Zero knowledge) some of that market cap might start to consider DeepOnion as an alternative. I don't think there will be a 50/50 split but maybe 25% of Verge and 10% of ZCash holder capital will diversify their investment into DeepOnion.

Assuming the 400M market cap is the "base value" of DeepOnion, Verge has the 2.5B market cap, ZCash at about 2B that would mean a market cap of DeepOnion of: 400 + 625 + 200 = 1.225B dollars. That is a final price per coin of about:

$75-80 per ONION as my final estimate for 2018

Considering the price of an ONION today is $6 I see an increase of about 13x for this coin in 2018 and this is assuming no more cash will flow into crypto during this time. How much that could affect price is almost impossible to predict so I have based my estimate on the information available.

This might seem as a biased estimate since I haven't assumed people moving from DeepOnion to ZCash or Verge or anyone else. But the reason for this is that everyone already knows about ZCash, and Verge and Monero. The people investing in DeepOnion won't move their money there since if they wanted to invest in those projects they already have or find DeepOnion the better alternative.

I hope you found this article interesting and please give your input if on what you would consider a fair estimate of DeepOnion in 2018. This is the project I most believe in for 2018 and I have more than 50% of my crypto investments in this single project. That large an investment portion in one project isn't something I would normally recommend but I have chosen this project to go long on and thought I should mention it for people wondering.

Disclaimer: I am no financial advisor so you should always do your own research before choosing to invest in any project

If you want to know more about the DeepOnion project, you can find more information in the links in my signature.

What are your thoughts on DeepOnion price in 2018?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Ebenezar64 (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:05:59 PM

I also think, in the end, it will be the Deeponion community that will push this crypto to the top. The technology is sound and steadily progressing, now they just need more exposure and that is happening every day. It won't be long until a major Youtuber brings it up and then people will start flocking. That is my opinion at least

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
TheOnionKnight

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:09:46 AM

I am really hoping for this correction to get sorted out and the price of DO to rise a bit again. I think this will be directly tied to the features which are forthcoming as well as the airdrops concluding.
GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:10:47 AM

Thank you for this extensive analysis, which I've read with interest. Of course there is no way to know how a price of a coin will evolve, it very much also depends of the context, ie if Bitcoin will rise or tank this year, however one of the truly important factors in the value of a coin is the size of the community and how much it is active and passionate about their coin. And I must say that Deep Onion seems to have such a community behind. I guess this could be one of the winning factors.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
kyle1921

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:52:40 AM

Any chance we see a sell off once air drop is done. I see the future being bright for onion if everything goes smoothly after air drops are done.
btcefeyigit

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:39:43 AM

actually it is a difficult question. Crypto can be anything at any time in the money world. you need to constantly research and work. then decide which alternative to choose. I think deeponion is a good opportunity. investors will earn money.
Casmania

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:41:27 AM

I know it's really hard to predict the price of a certain coin however, I would based my prediction based on the current price chart of Deep Onion where I observed it has a stabilized trend in the market. I would speculate that the price of Deep Onion would reached as high as $30.00 in the Q4 of 2018. With the current involvement in the bitcoin community, this will make an impact to the price growth of Deep Onion.
Ebenezar64 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:36:34 PM

I know it's really hard to predict the price of a certain coin however, I would based my prediction based on the current price chart of Deep Onion where I observed it has a stabilized trend in the market. I would speculate that the price of Deep Onion would reached as high as $30.00 in the Q4 of 2018. With the current involvement in the bitcoin community, this will make an impact to the price growth of Deep Onion.

I think $30 is a conservative estimate but it is true that the climate has changed somewhat since BTC had the retracement. I will look into doing another Price prediction in a month or so where I look at my earlier prediction and follow up. I still hold by my estimates since the really big releases for DeepOnion is still upcoming.

ChosenOne Hehe

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:51:24 PM

Deep Onion today at 3.79 Damn thats looks good ! I cannot wait for the airdrops to finish to get on Binance Just hope the price stays the ssame this is my number one pic to HODL !!!!! Show me the money . Whats it take to get a free onion ?
My personal goal 5 to 10,000 onion going in balls to the wall on this !!! This is a solid team thats growing !
Then I am going to treat myself and buy that anonymous mask . Let the games begin ! I am the Chosen One 
Ebenezar64 (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:06:41 PM

Deep Onion today at 3.79 Damn thats looks good ! I cannot wait for the airdrops to finish to get on Binance Just hope the price stays the ssame this is my number one pic to HODL !!!!! Show me the money . Whats it take to get a free onion ?
My personal goal 5 to 10,000 onion going in balls to the wall on this !!! This is a solid team thats growing !
Then I am going to treat myself and buy that anonymous mask . Let the games begin ! I am the Chosen One 

That is some serious dedication. I am aiming for 2-3k $ONIONs and hope that will bring me riches Smiley. I also think DeepOnion looks good now, it has a downward trend but most ALTs has that now. BTC is regaining some of it's dominance and maybe preparing for a bull run. But the ALTs will follow suit.

I had a look on the long-term trend of DeepOnion and it looks like it is about to complete a full Elliot Wave with the 5 steps up and the ABC correction (in BTC price). This is looking at the time period between end of Nov until now. It is hard/impossible to predict exactly how low we will go but I think the time to turn around should be soon. The another long-term positive trend can start that might break new ATH. Lets hope Smiley

Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:12:28 PM

I also think, in the end, it will be the Deeponion community that will push this crypto to the top. The technology is sound and steadily progressing, now they just need more exposure and that is happening every day. It won't be long until a major Youtuber brings it up and then people will start flocking. That is my opinion at least
I don't see any growth in Deep onion. Many people do not want transaction data to be unavailable. This is a product for a certain part of people, so I see limited growth.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:27:41 PM

The ponzi bubble will pop once the "free airdrop" (which is neither free nor an airdrop) is over, possibly a bit earlier or later. Expect some wash trading from the devs to artificially inflate the price so that they can dump their load easier.
ChosenOne Hehe

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:49:00 PM

Also keep in min that onion is not on Binance yet !  Shocked
jaka331

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:10:09 PM

Deeponion has a really strong community of supporters which as we all know are very important. And their Airdrop is awesome too!
Ebenezar64 (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:30:59 PM

The ponzi bubble will pop once the "free airdrop" (which is neither free nor an airdrop) is over, possibly a bit earlier or later. Expect some wash trading from the devs to artificially inflate the price so that they can dump their load easier.

I can image that there will be a drop in price close to or after the last AirDrop since some will sell off their coins for profits. But I don't think it is a bubble or anything but that it will be temporary, then the price might stagnate while people see what will happen. As development continues as normal and releases come out the price will start to rise. Especially if it gets added to one of the larger exchanges since then it will probably take off.

That is my opinion but I am glad you shared your even though it is not in line with my thinking.

bitcolic

Activity: 66

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:56:53 PM

i want to get some ONION current price looks pretty good but that airdrop scares me, coz 12.5 million free coin will be distributed .. what do you say waiting end of the airdrop is the best?
tinof

Activity: 343
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:01:55 PM

i want to get some ONION current price looks pretty good but that airdrop scares me, coz 12.5 million free coin will be distributed .. what do you say waiting end of the airdrop is the best?

I lost any faith in DeepOnion. Two big Pump and Dumps and a lot of victims. I would not invest in it, regardless of the low price.

atliens99

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:14:24 PM

crash to zero, its a scam coin.
bitcolic

Activity: 66

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:21:40 PM

I lost any faith in DeepOnion. Two big Pump and Dumps and a lot of victims. I would not invest in it, regardless of the low price.

thats true but whole market suffered this, we got big correction and every single coin dumped heavily .. so we cant blame onion i guess .. Q2 and Q3 roadmap looks nice more futures coming. and this coin is not listed on any big exchange yet, thats why im bullish on it but that airdrop worries me, ppls prolly will dump just after it.. you guys calling it shit coin also worried me  Undecided
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:46:24 PM

Any coin and token need more only white paper! Need more hard work from Dev and need more member !
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: