Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 08:24:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just mined a block worth $100000? Was validated and got some confirms?  (Read 150 times)
TurboLs1 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:19:00 AM

I was mining an altcoin and solved a block and got a larger reward than I was obviously supposed to, but the block was validated and I got several confirms before being kicked from the network and getting no more confirms. I backed up my appdata/coin/ folder to be safe, and sure enough after some time the transaction disappeared and my client began communicating with the network again. If I place all of the old files back in my appdata/coin/ folder, the transaction reappears and lists the coins as unconfirmed in my wallet balance and I once again get kicked from the network. The transaction doesn't appear to be in the blockchain when I search for it using a blockchain explorer. Now before anyone starts accusing me of anything, I don't have the knowledge to do something this sophisticated, and I know that 99.9% of us wouldn't complain if 6 or 7 bitcoin just appeared in our wallet as we were mining. That being said, is there anyway to validate or rebroadcast the transaction? It was an honestly mined block and as I said was validated and even got confirms. It sure would make mining all night for pennies more worthwhile Grin
Neo-Geo

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 08:34:59 AM

Use commas when dealing with lots of zeroes.
Bad example: 1000000
Good example: 10,000,000.00

And never use commas in place of decimal points:
Bad! = 100,00
Good! = $100.00

Good luck in getting your 100000,00 reward.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: