Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:46:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Myetherwallet security is too weak. Any other ERC20 Wallet?  (Read 638 times)
DontPlayWithMe

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:24:16 AM

Is it true MEW is not secured? Please give suggestion what wallet should I use now so I can transfer my tokens of safe wallet. Thank you.
shine035

Activity: 236

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:52:02 AM

I think you should use private browser or metamask to protected your wallet, maybe you should jaxxx
Irkytsk38rus

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

Araw ICO

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:56:17 AM

most likely, your keys have got to the intruders, to prevent this, you can use the offline version of the wallet on a new computer without an internet connection

Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:13:18 AM

You better use metamask to have so much security on your tokens as well as your ethereum myetherwallet right now are have so many same domain sites and do phishing on our private
HoundRogerson

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:18:13 AM

the attacker has access to your keys, try to protect yourself as much as possible use a hardware wallet

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
Combat393

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:25:07 AM

I believe you can have a look at FreeWallet. Use it for three month already and never get any problem. Saved a bunch of money on fees. For ETH no problem. But it's not that good for little cheap coins, because the system does not always cope with the load. But support solve problems fast enough.
Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:28:31 AM

Yesterday my Myetherwallet hacked and balance Ethereum amount transfered to other MEW.
I backtracked the transaction and found there are many hundred wallets whose amount was also transfered like from my account.
Why Myetherwallet security is too weak?
 Any other ERC20 Wallet?
Give your opinion so that other fellows may be benefited.

For the past years im using myetherwallet, i never encounter loss coins or ethereum same goes to my friend who are still currently using myetherwallet. But if you really want to have tight security, buy hardware wallet and make sure you Hodl the coins inside it.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:35:16 AM

Yesterday my Myetherwallet hacked and balance Ethereum amount transfered to other MEW.
I backtracked the transaction and found there are many hundred wallets whose amount was also transfered like from my account.
 Any other ERC20 Wallet?
How do you log in? Did you use PV key? if yes, you may have a problem with spyware. If you log in using JSON file I think it is much safer. I used to loose rlc token for more than 1000 USD. I used PV key to log in. If you are not satsfied with mew you can use metamask.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:41:33 AM

Any other ERC20 Wallet?
How do you log in? Did you use PV key? if yes, you may have a problem with spyware. If you log in using JSON file I think it is much safer. I used to loose rlc token for more than 1000 USD. I used PV key to log in. If you are not satsfied with mew you can use metamask.

he maybe visited a clone/phished site and he didint notice the correct spelling of the site before he inputs his private keys then as a result his wallet had been hacked. im also a user of myetherwallet a long time ago up until now but so far i didnt experience getting hacked or phised because i just already bookmarked the official site of myetherwallet for a much secure and faster access. using a metamask and json file is also a good way to avoid getting hacked.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:45:03 AM

Security is week because it is an browser wallet + you have probabbly used windows or mac. Since windows is the msot used OS out there you can get viruses much easier. When I need to use MEW I do so on my live OS linux. Live OS means that you run your OS through USB or CD and your system is only loaded into your RAM. Therefore I always have fresh system that I know for sure there are no viruses of any kind before I even think of exposing my private key.

As others have stated hardware wallet might be your best bet here.
Never use your main computer (or OS) for security related things, spcially if you haven't cleaned your computer for a while, who knows what might be in there.

Hopefully you haven't lost many coins, but avoid to save your private key and to to your computer if you did this. Bascially even when you don't use MEW if you have file stored somewhere on your computer hackers can potentially get to your private keys.

I agree with this. You should always use hardware wallet for maximum security. mew doesn't store your private key, it's said on their website as you have to download it yourself. They have added more sign post ever since people started losing their tokens. Also, make sure you don't use phishing site. check the website address

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
akmittal (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:47:47 AM

Is it true MEW is not secured? Please give suggestion what wallet should I use now so I can transfer my tokens of safe wallet. Thank you.

Dear friend please see the post just above to your post. Very good information provided by the Sr. Member that is "I haven’t longer worked on myetherwallet after the hack attacks on this. For now the wallets that I use are Ethereum wallet and Coinomi. The first wallet as you know for ETH and the second for altcoins."

I also start to work on it. it is a very good and safe combination.
spmbharani

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:53:10 AM

is there any risk in sharing MEW wallet address in forum?
colenax

Activity: 376
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:55:10 AM

I don't know how that can happen to you. I myself have never experienced what happened to you. I guess you've been negligent and mis-shared the mew address, but the private key you shared. try check and check again.

akmittal (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:00:01 AM

Any other ERC20 Wallet?

I haven’t longer worked on myetherwallet after the hack attacks on this. For now the wallets that I use are Ethereum wallet and Coinomi. The first wallet as you know for ETH and the second for altcoins.
The information provided by you is very useful and valuable. I downloaded both Ethereum Wallet and coinomi and start working on it.

Thank you for attention on the topic and valuable suggestion.  
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 07:17:27 AM

Any other ERC20 Wallet?

I haven’t longer worked on myetherwallet after the hack attacks on this. For now the wallets that I use are Ethereum wallet and Coinomi. The first wallet as you know for ETH and the second for altcoins.
The information provided by you is very useful and valuable. I downloaded both Ethereum Wallet and coinomi and start working on it.

That etherscan address you provided is insane

"ETH Balance:   8,925.055347501305272123 Ether
ETH USD Value:   $10,985,136.62 (@ $1,230.82/ETH)"

This is consider a huge amount there and i assume its a wide and massive hijack, phishing site, or keylogging.

Anyhow, did you successfully find out the reason behind this issue?
rh154c0d3

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:34:21 AM

Any other ERC20 Wallet?

This is consider a huge amount there and i assume its a wide and massive hijack, phishing site, or keylogging.

personally, I still don't believe it that it was hacking/phising kind or anything like that happened to akmittal. the amount is so huge and so many addresses. for me it's just 2 possibilities. it is exchanger or it happened only in MEW itself. I don't believe it is about hacking or pishing or something like that happened to all of the users computer. it is exchanger or it is MEW the only one that been hacked, not the users.
Vik_the_Carpentner

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:35:45 AM

Your private keys must be stolen that's why your funds are moved, otherwise its not possible, Mew is just a tool to sign transactions.

True that, he must be telling his private key to somebody or wrote the password on the piece of paper and then lost it.

DENARO.IO   》   CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   PRE-ICO STARTS JAN 30,2018   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 07:42:30 AM

Any other ERC20 Wallet?

personally, I still don't believe it that it was hacking/phising kind or anything like that happened to akmittal. the amount is so huge and so many addresses. for me it's just 2 possibilities. it is exchanger or it happened only in MEW itself. I don't believe it is about hacking or pishing or something like that happened to all of the users computer. it is exchanger or it is MEW the only one that been hacked, not the users.

I am confident that MEW is safe from the attack as all my friends that i've guided them recently on taking the security measurement are safe from this hack.

I would say this is a large scale hack so yeah, but how?

Even if we talk about exchange, exchange doesn't require us to provide them Keystore Files/ Private key.

The most likely case would be the Etherdelta DNS Hijacked previously, or all of these user got injected with some sort of keylogged file. Guess we will need to wait OP To answer some of these questions.

To OP
1) Which exchanges you used recently?

2) Did you download anything recently?

3) What have you done on the same day you got hacked?
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:47:21 AM

Actually MEW security is fine but you may have some keylogger or something else in PC you logged in and you keys may be captured if especially you logged in with your private key
iozver

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:49:58 AM

I would advise you to install the official MIST wallet on your computer. But it is so cumbersome that it starts devouring all free resources. There are often problems with synchronization, but it would be forgivable if this purse did not absorb almost all free RAM (I have 16 gigabytes)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: