Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:23:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake translation service needs a neg tagging  (Read 207 times)
TheUltraElite (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 12:14:21 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 03:34:48 PM by TheUltraElite

This person ambreenamin claims to be fluent in several languages here

viz
Foreign Language Courses: Hindi, Arabic, Urdu, Portuguese, Indonesian, Russian

He does not provide any work links or previous experience in this.

Also I found a blatant mistake in his post. He made spelling mistake of "thread" as "threat" - We dont expect a person who is fluent is so many languages to make such an error can we?

archived here - http://archive.is/o9qAl#selection-543.37-543.69

I have left a negative trust on that person. But I will listen to what DT has to say.

EDIT : This person seems to be a shitposter as well with average word count of 5-6 per post.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
UpsilonTrooper

Activity: 504
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:38:30 PM

This person ambreenamin claims to be fluent in several languages here

viz
Foreign Language Courses: Hindi, Arabic, Urdu, Portuguese, Indonesian, Russian

He does not provide any work links or previous experience in this.

Also I found a blatant mistake in his post. He made spelling mistake of "thread" as "threat" - We dont expect a person who is fluent is so many languages to make such an error can we?

archived here - http://archive.is/o9qAl#selection-543.37-543.69

I have left a negative trust on that person. But I will listen to what DT has to say.

EDIT : This person seems to be a shitposter as well with average word count of 5-6 per post.

I dont think one typo is worth actually red painting every user as long as they do proper spell checks of their actual work (it's worth IMO in this case due to the shitposting). But that being said all those google translate translators need to be red painted since a lot of their work is atrocious lol
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:52:29 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 03:15:47 PM by Welsh

That account is on his way to getting banned he's already had several posts deleted in the modlog and has several posts which aren't allowed which have now been reported. I don't personally give anyone negative for shitposting, simply because there's way too many to deal with and they'll only claim why hasn't x received negative as he does the same thing. Especially newbies as they'll just create a new account.

Fair enough for higher ranked members. If you were to tag all of the shit posters in just the alt coin section you would be negging around a thousand a day.

I'm not sure whether a negative is deserved for the service he is offering. If he's willing to use an escrow and the escrow can verify the translated texts then that's fine.

Although, it does appear he uses the word "threat" for thread a few times in his posts:
unique venture is there bounty program for ANN Threat translation in Arabic
It's a unique project. Do you need translation for ANN Threat in these languages Urdu , Arabic, Russian, Indonesian, Hindi, Portuguese

Probably not a one time typo, and probably can't translate to a good standard. Doesn't seem to post in any other language considering he's fluent in them either, you would think he would at least translate his announcement thread to local boards. Was your title being ironic when you spelled neg like "nag"?
TheUltraElite (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 03:39:09 PM

That account is on his way to getting banned he's already had several posts deleted in the modlog and has several posts which aren't allowed which have now been reported. I don't personally give anyone negative for shitposting, simply because there's way too many to deal with and they'll only claim why hasn't x received negative as he does the same thing. Especially newbies as they'll just create a new account.

Fair enough for higher ranked members. If you were to tag all of the shit posters in just the alt coin section you would be negging around a thousand a day.
I know im saying something that is a bit longshot - but I am ready to neg all those account farmers and shitposters. Grin

I'm not sure whether a negative is deserved for the service he is offering. If he's willing to use an escrow and the escrow can verify the translated texts then that's fine.
This guy is possibly faking his portfolio and that is exactly why I am negging him.
If he can show his work proof I will remove my negative obviously.

Although, it does appear he uses the word "threat" for thread a few times in his posts:
unique venture is there bounty program for ANN Threat translation in Arabic
It's a unique project. Do you need translation for ANN Threat in these languages Urdu , Arabic, Russian, Indonesian, Hindi, Portuguese
Chronic shitposter in that case - even so a illiterate one - the few species that plague this forum with shitposts.

Probably not a one time typo, and probably can't translate to a good standard. Doesn't seem to post in any other language considering he's fluent in them either, you would think he would at least translate his announcement thread to local boards. Was your title being ironic when you spelled neg like "nag"?
I was in a hurry I changed it now.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:03:39 PM

Hey, if you can do as much as possible to tag the shit posters I'm all for it. Because they aren't always banned and their posts are more often than not just removed. I don't think I've got the patience to report, archive and then neg them though. I might consider adding their username to a list then I'll send anyone who's publicly listing spammers. For example, Atriz and SMAS.

Most of them being newbie accounts, so I'll probably filter them to Jr member/Member and above.

I was in a hurry I changed it now.
I found it funny nonetheless.  Tongue

siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 07:17:39 PM

I think anyone can make typos, so that's not the big sign of fake translations. But claiming to know so many languages and that too so different ones, is what surprises me. For example, one might know Hindi and Urdu or Arabic and Indonesian, but being fluent in Urdu, Arabic, Russian, Indonesian, Hindi and Portuguese at the same time is almost impossible. Most probably Ambreenamin is using machine translations. I can't say of other languages, but "Google Translate" spits out garbage while translating Hindi.... 

teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:41:51 AM

If someone told me that he's fluent in 3 languages I would believe him
6 languages though?
Average people would take around 4 years to learn a new language, that means he at least has learned literature for the past 24 Years Roll Eyes
My bullshit sense is tingling right now, especially with how he begged around bounties for a work

I think anyone can make typos, so that's not the big sign of fake translations. But claiming to know so many languages and that too so different ones, is what surprises me. For example, one might know Hindi and Urdu or Arabic and Indonesian, but being fluent in Urdu, Arabic, Russian, Indonesian, Hindi and Portuguese at the same time is almost impossible. Most probably Ambreenamin is using machine translations. I can't say of other languages, but "Google Translate" spits out garbage while translating Hindi.... 
Even though typos are bound to happen, a good translator always proof-read their work because it is part of their job
The word "Thread" and "Threat" is typed in a very different layout on keyboard, try it if you don't believe me Wink
one more point, he does that more than once, if its typo it shouldn't happen so often
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: