Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:35:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins don't have enough HODLers - sell high & buy low  (Read 298 times)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:38:12 PM

Dash has a circulating supply according coinmarketcap of 7,8 million Dash.
From that 7,8 million Dash there is currently 4,6 million Dash in hold status
as it is reserved as combined collateral for Dash masternode network.

That is more than half of Dash circulating supply acting as HODLers !!
I say some altcoins do have more then enough HODLers, you just have to know them....

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dbrouwer (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:52:37 PM

Dash has a circulating supply according coinmarketcap of 7,8 million Dash.
From that 7,8 million Dash there is currently 4,6 million Dash in hold status
as it is reserved as combined collateral for Dash masternode network.

That is more than half of Dash circulating supply acting as HODLers !!
I say some altcoins do have more then enough HODLers, you just have to know them....

That was actually a very good tip, I should pick my coins more like that! Thank you  Smiley
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:53:28 PM

Dragonchain, it will make an easy x10 during this year, just buy as much as you can before it does. I am having all my batches of dragonchain on my ethereum wallet right now.
This coin is going to be a game-changer.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
weav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:02:58 PM

People panic sell to early . While i think if you wait you will always make more money in the long run. Also a lot of people try to daytrade because they see the swings , but they don't realize how hard it is to trade.

BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:22:20 PM

Community what is your opinion on this?

I see good projects, I see them growth but as soon as the market is consolidating everybody is making their buck and pull their money out.

As hodler its a true pain in the ass, because you see many good solid projects decreasing by more than 50% and taking ages to get back.

The sad part of this story is that, if you see this happening the next time and you feel the market consolidating, you will just sell high and buy cheap again.

But is this the trend we want to follow? Undecided Huh
There is nothing to be done, people do not believe in holding altcoins for a long time, the only coin most people hold for a long time is bitcoin and to be honest I think that is the correct strategy, since we do not know for how long an altcoin is going to exist, there are statistics that say that most cryptocurrencies project fail and the failure rate is close to 90% so we cannot blame people for not holding.
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:23:53 PM

I think that this is the normal development of each project. The price of a coin is constantly fluctuating and this is normal. Crypto market is built on speculation where someone sells and someone buys. The idea of the project does not die if the coin goes down.
sharted

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:27:23 PM

I think that this is the normal development of each project. The price of a coin is constantly fluctuating and this is normal. Crypto market is built on speculation where someone sells and someone buys. The idea of the project does not die if the coin goes down.

Who said there is not enough holders for altcoin. The price of Litecoin is raising this much due to the huge amount of Investors and holders. Trading principal is sell when the price is high and buy when the price is low.

gatti

Activity: 382
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:30:24 PM

Who said there is not enough holders for altcoin. The price of Litecoin is raising this much due to the huge amount of Investors and holders. Trading principal is sell when the price is high and buy when the price is low.

Ya I agree with your points. Not only litecoin ,even Ethereum has huge number of holding people and Investors. So you can keep the altcoin for your future, altcoin is not best for the short term profit. It's only for long term.
themaxx

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:30:52 PM

What does the price of the coin matter to the project after the ICO? They have received all their money... it's like when you buy shares in a company, they don't get any of your money beyond the IPO

Binance Account - Get 10% discount on fees!
Don't you have a Binance account yet?
Register using this referral link and get a 10% discount on fees for all your trades!
dbrouwer (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:07:42 PM

What does the price of the coin matter to the project after the ICO? They have received all their money... it's like when you buy shares in a company, they don't get any of your money beyond the IPO

Good comparison, but don't forget companies always keep a part of their shares/coins, which they can resell on the market. Many coins use this to budget new developments and marketing for example, meaning the more value their coin earned the less equity they need to use...
sweetbet

Activity: 961
Merit: 110

SweetBet.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 10:18:47 PM

Im true holder and i save my nerves and don't try to sell altcoins from my portfolio with the goal to buy cheaper.  the market can panish you very hard and the price will go other direction that you expect. And you in the risk to buy more expensive that you sold  Huh this strategy is not for me. I bought and hold till the price hit x10 minimum. But of course the choice of altcoins is very important.

That is so very true. I lost a lot of money trying to short my bag of coins. The price shot up right after I sold them. Never ever again!!

traderethereum

Activity: 2856
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 07:04:31 AM

Im true holder and i save my nerves and don't try to sell altcoins from my portfolio with the goal to buy cheaper.  the market can panish you very hard and the price will go other direction that you expect. And you in the risk to buy more expensive that you sold  Huh this strategy is not for me. I bought and hold till the price hit x10 minimum. But of course the choice of altcoins is very important.

That is so very true. I lost a lot of money trying to short my bag of coins. The price shot up right after I sold them. Never ever again!!

this is another lesson to us to not sell if the price does not increase at least x10 and I see many of us still learn to hold because they know how strong the power of hold. withhold some coins which potential to increase will makes us reach a bigger profit in the long term but be careful, because we can attract to sell the coin if we see the price is down too much. I think we can learn from our experience so we can hold with tight in the future and we can make a big profit.
payyy

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:27:44 AM

It is full of them, i am starting to invest on Flixxo, it has already increase a lot, but this one has an incredible potential to keep going up for a while until the end of the year. Maybe it can easily make a x10 in a short term.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: