Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:59:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigabyte H110-D3A board won't mine w/ over 3 boards. Newbie.  (Read 149 times)
rcmadiax (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:40:32 PM

Hello,

I’m building my first rig and seem to be running into a little problem. I have 6 GTX 1050 ti cards, 3 from MSI and 3 from Gigabyte. The machine only detects 5 (but that’s an issue for another day). When I have the 3 MSI cards plugged in it works fine mining Equihash using Nice Hash. When ever I have one or more of the Gigabyte cards plugged in it throws out a “CUDA error ‘2’” message and won’t mine. Any suggestions on where to trouble shoot from here?

Some additional information - I know the Gigabyte cards work cause I placed them in my main PC to test and they mine just fine. Also tested each riser for possible failures and they work fine too. I’m running Windows 10 Pro via a 64GB flash drive. I have the virtual memory maxed out. I have not done any modeifications to the BIOS settings and currently have firmware F22. I’m a newbie and this has been quite a journey so far spending over 12 hours to get to this point, please keep that in find when throwing out crazy technical terms that a more seasoned miner might understand.

Thanks in advance.

-Mike
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rcmadiax (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:45:38 PM

Update: turned on Gen 2 via BIOS with no luck.
Gsusl

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:48:58 PM

Hi man,

First of all you need to update your bios to F23.

After this it appears a new option call mining mode. Enabled it.

Let see if this corrects most of your problems, for sure it corrects about the 5 cards.

rcmadiax (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:54:20 PM

Hi man,

First of all you need to update your bios to F23.

After this it appears a new option call mining mode. Enabled it.

Let see if this corrects most of your problems, for sure it corrects about the 5 cards.

Before I do that - does this work with Windows? Just want to make sure since I think I might have come across a thread somewhere that said mining mode doesn’t work with Windows. Just want to be sure before I do it.
Gsusl

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:55:54 PM

Yes. I have it with windows 10. And it works perfectly.
rcmadiax (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:10:01 PM

Yes. I have it with windows 10. And it works perfectly.

Ok so when I enable Mining Mode it just keeps booting BIOS and doesn’t go to Windows.
Gsusl

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:29:09 PM

This are my options in the Bios:

Mining mode enabled
4g decoded enabled
Initial display output: IGFX

After the boot of windows uninstall the drivers of the GPU with the program DDU and install only the official ones.

This one will help you as well.

Let see if with this you can fix everything. I was in your situation one month ago and in the final I fixed it. So trust me.

Hardware should be ok no?

rcmadiax (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:35:58 PM

This are my options in the Bios:

Mining mode enabled
4g decoded enabled
Initial display output: IGFX

After the boot of windows uninstall the drivers of the GPU with the program DDU and install only the official ones.

This one will help you as well.

Let see if with this you can fix everything. I was in your situation one month ago and in the final I fixed it. So trust me.

Hardware should be ok no?

First off thanks for all the help - within the last 24 hours I have considered just selling everything but I’m trying to stick it out. Lol

With 4G enabled windows won’t boot.
Gsusl

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:50:57 PM

It’s ok. Don’t worry.

Turn off 4G and leave the 2GEN in Auto. I just saw you activated it.
rcmadiax (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:58:20 PM

It’s ok. Don’t worry.

Turn off 4G and leave the 2GEN in Auto. I just saw you activated it.

Ok thanks it boots now. Now on to the next step. What is DDU you mentioned to uninstall the drivers?
rcmadiax (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:50:31 PM

Ok so a google search turn up that DDS was a driver uninstall program. So I did that and reinstalled the drivers from Nvidia. Still the only 3 that work are the MSI cards. I’m getting a kernel error in Nice Hash when I have the Gigabyte cards plugged in.

Now the Gigabyte cards will show up in Windows as working, but Nice Hash is spitting out errors. I put one in my PC as mentioned above and it works fine with Nice Hash v2.0.1.5. Should I not be using 2.0.1.6 like I am with this rig? Are there known issues like this?
Gsusl

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:00:17 PM

Ok. The good thing is that your cards are now recognise by windows . Next step must be a problem of nicehash. There I can’t help you . I’m mining from pools and using another software. Ccminer and zecminer. Focus in equihash and neoscrypt.

I think you could try to mine better with this software.

Here is a calculator you can use to see who much it worth to mine with 1050.

Www.whattomine.com

rcmadiax (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:21:13 PM

Ok. The good thing is that your cards are now recognise by windows . Next step must be a problem of nicehash. There I can’t help you . I’m mining from pools and using another software. Ccminer and zecminer. Focus in equihash and neoscrypt.

I think you could try to mine better with this software.

Here is a calculator you can use to see who much it worth to mine with 1050.

Www.whattomine.com

Ok thanks. Trying Nice Hash Legacy now if that don’t work I’ll have to look around for different software. Anything you recommend?
Gsusl

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:58:08 PM

With your cards you should center in equihas and neoscrypt algorithm. Begin with a simple coin like zcash and letter proceed with another coins.

Check the forums for more info.

rcmadiax (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:27:15 PM

With your cards you should center in equihas and neoscrypt algorithm. Begin with a simple coin like zcash and letter proceed with another coins.

Check the forums for more info.

Awesome thanks. I got the NeoScript running with 4 cards - when I use a 5th it says out of memory. Could this be because I’m running Windows from a 64GB flash drive? I have virtual memory maxed out at 39990 and I read somewhere I need 8gb per card - so I’m assuming this is why I get the memory error when I add the fifth correct?
Dakeyras84

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:37:17 PM

Don't bother whith Neoscrypt, it's good but not as good and regular as Equihash coins (ZCash, ZClassic, BitcoinGold,..) Just mine the most profitable Equihash coin and profit..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: