Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:51:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is a liability for all coins  (Read 263 times)
thesavoyard (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:03:32 PM

Firstly, let's drop the altcoin bullshit. Not all are Bitcoin clones looking to hitch a ride on BTC.

Bitcoin has a governance problem, so does every non-masternode coin. The wrong people are in charge of software updates. Greedy mining firms profit from high fees and will not scale it. Any coin that uses the same governance model is just as weak. BTC could be great, but the core team in charge now clearly profits from transaction fees, and like all corrupt institutions, their main strategy is silence. Investors may have finally wised up and realized BTC cannot deliver in its current state. Now it will keep having pullbacks due to backlog. It's hurting the whole ecosystem. We need to detach BTC from the rest of the coins if the people who can scale it won't, we need to drop the dead weight.

I'm sure Satoshi would be happy if any decentralized currency based on his blockchain code can deliver his goals.

thesavoyard (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:07:38 PM

Any ideas to free alts from Bitcoin? Most exchanges still use BTC is the primary in trading pairs.

eddysachs

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:50:35 PM

Whatever eventually will obtain remains to be seen... i think the field is wide enough for other coins to participate and since its all decentralized, the decision rests in the hands of the investors.
cryptoux

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:29:18 PM

Firstly, let's drop the altcoin bullshit. Not all are Bitcoin clones looking to hitch a ride on BTC.

Bitcoin has a governance problem, so does every non-masternode coin. The wrong people are in charge of software updates. Greedy mining firms profit from high fees and will not scale it. Any coin that uses the same governance model is just as weak. BTC could be great, but the core team in charge now clearly profits from transaction fees, and like all corrupt institutions, their main strategy is silence. Investors may have finally wised up and realized BTC cannot deliver in its current state. Now it will keep having pullbacks due to backlog. It's hurting the whole ecosystem. We need to detach BTC from the rest of the coins if the people who can scale it won't, we need to drop the dead weight.

I'm sure Satoshi would be happy if any decentralized currency based on his blockchain code can deliver his goals.
I couldnt disagree the current development late seems just using bitcoin's forks as their extra source of income,a lot of shit forked coins are coming in our market,corruption of these people indeed are doing a lot of problems in the whole system,if satoshi is watching right now im sure that he wants to go back in time and change what happen today,cryptocurrencies is started to be like the fiat and thats not what crypto was made for.

cryptobobo

Activity: 210

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:25:08 AM

Yes it is,these greedy developers doesnt care about Bitcoin's develpment they just want to take some quick profits from these forked coins,the core value of  Bitcoin's which satoshis wrote is slowly fading and thats a shame to him.

LT4

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:42:09 AM

Everything is based on BTC. But who knows what it comes in future. Goverment doesn't like it, and pair are not gonna be only with btc, but with other coins. But I'm not sure if there will be added inseder transfer made with btc.
I think Btc still be the top
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1055
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:46:37 AM

What we have now is all started with bitcoin. So, it would be unwise to blame it.
But yes, with new generation coins and better and efficient way to securely transact them, power hungry processes of mining would soon be obsolete.

MrMaxwell

Activity: 71
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:34:17 AM

Simple. Don't use it, and don't mine it. Use/mine Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash. BTC will die soon. That is true.
hiddenmist

Activity: 199

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:06:18 AM

I believe they will address this problem one way or another. Competition is just a few steps behind and there are more new players standing by. If the corruption didn't stop, they are the one who will lose more. They have to scale it before it's too late.

Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:38:53 AM

I couldn't agree with this more. BTC has become more of a burden holding back the potential of many prosperous altcoins all because of the instability of the bitcoin network. Hundreds of vendors that used to transact in BTC can't afford to anymore. This is slowing down mass adoption and creating too much uncertainty for new comers.

The foundation of every trade is valued in BTC. If there was an easier way to exchange fiat directly into any alt, we can expect a massive boom in the total cryptocurrency market cap.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:54:08 AM

I couldn't agree with this more. BTC has become more of a burden holding back the potential of many prosperous altcoins all because of the instability of the bitcoin network. Hundreds of vendors that used to transact in BTC can't afford to anymore. This is slowing down mass adoption and creating too much uncertainty for new comers.

The foundation of every trade is valued in BTC. If there was an easier way to exchange fiat directly into any alt, we can expect a massive boom in the total cryptocurrency market cap.
As you said bitcoin currently facing the serious issue of transaction fee and time needed for confirmation.But this is just temporary issue and it can be fully resolved when the traffic on blockchain gets cleared.Agree with that there are lots of altcoins have good uses when compared to bitcoin for now but they also can't manage if their market value increases up to bitcoin's.So people have to use bitcoins as well as the other altcoins to keep balance in the netowrk.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:18:20 AM

I also think that bitcoin is the main coin of the cryptomir, so you must always store it so that it is available in your wallet, although not in large quantities, all the same I think this kind of koin as an Etherium and DASH should also be stored on your wallet .
LtMotioN

Merit: 29

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:04:46 AM

I think 99% of the coins would suffer if they had to operate at BTC's scale to be honest.  There are very few coins that handle as many transactions. If we all universally decide to kill BTC and move over to LTC or BCASH then we might just find that we still have much of the same problems. Maybe a bit less of the high fees and slow speeds but we will still have these issues

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
thesavoyard (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:15:26 AM

I think 99% of the coins would suffer if they had to operate at BTC's scale to be honest.  There are very few coins that handle as many transactions. If we all universally decide to kill BTC and move over to LTC or BCASH then we might just find that we still have much of the same problems. Maybe a bit less of the high fees and slow speeds but we will still have these issues

BTC could scale right now, maybe not long-term. A 2mb block size would release some of the pressure at least. BTC does not have Satoshi designing the code updates anymore, it has huge efficiency problems that require testing and updates. I just don't see non-masternode coins scaling on a long-term scale.

Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:21:51 AM

The new coin to replace Bitcoin will eventually come. As it is, Bitcoin is no longer decentralized. The first mover advantage that Bitcoin has will eventually die down.
LtMotioN

Merit: 29

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:03:41 AM

I think 99% of the coins would suffer if they had to operate at BTC's scale to be honest.  There are very few coins that handle as many transactions. If we all universally decide to kill BTC and move over to LTC or BCASH then we might just find that we still have much of the same problems. Maybe a bit less of the high fees and slow speeds but we will still have these issues

BTC could scale right now, maybe not long-term. A 2mb block size would release some of the pressure at least. BTC does not have Satoshi designing the code updates anymore, it has huge efficiency problems that require testing and updates. I just don't see non-masternode coins scaling on a long-term scale.

Yea, what I dont understand is why the core development team didnt just scale for now with block size while we work on Layer 2 scaling. Imo layer 2 is a better futureproof way to do it if its done right. But bumping up the block size for now would really not have hurt.

As I understand this would have been a simple fork and the whole community would be fine with a temp bandage at this stage I think.

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
kiver

Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:48:32 AM

bitcoin some way or another will be replaced from the leading crypto currencies but i hope it will happen without affecting the markets in a bad way  in case   if the replacement doesn't work they really should fix the high fees problem becasue the little guys can make a transaction with bitcoin without losing a lot of money for fees
gorodi

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:12:55 PM

Bitcoin is the biggest currency of modern times. Maybe in the future the leader will be another. But now it is as it is. The price of many altcoins depends of developing strategy of Bitcoin. We must to understand it.
thesavoyard (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:22:44 AM

Yea, what I dont understand is why the core development team didnt just scale for now with block size while we work on Layer 2 scaling. Imo layer 2 is a better futureproof way to do it if its done right. But bumping up the block size for now would really not have hurt.

As I understand this would have been a simple fork and the whole community would be fine with a temp bandage at this stage I think.

If by layer 2 scaling you mean that lightening network then you misjudged. It is badly flawed and it is a band-aid on a bullet hole.

The lightening network creates nodes, in those nodes you can transact freely without the need to write to the blockchain. You cannot transact outside those nodes without writing to the blockchain. Essentially, a community wallet using debit and credit to move coins around, no real transaction.

So the lightning network is exactly how exchanges work, without the reliable security or insurance. A non-blockchain solution means Bitcoin is no longer safe and secure due to the blockchain.

A cheap ripoff of a superior system created by Dash. Dash uses Masternodes to guarantee your position on the blockchain. You can transact freely and instantly and your transaction will be written on the blockchain, a blockchain solution for blockchain inefficiency.

Sorry, BTCs problems are fundamental, a fix would require aligning the interests of the people that govern it with the fix, better start brainstorming.

AiwaDima

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:36:48 AM

Everything is definitely based on BTC as it was the first one and therefore paved the way for other coins that will now also be effective in this market.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: