Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:50:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What fears did you have when you first started dealing with Cryptocurrencies?  (Read 529 times)
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:44:50 PM

when i invest in to cryptocurrency what i fear the most is losing money or should i say, will the altcoins last long? i fear also with bubble but i n the long run when i really understand on how the blockchain work i am now confident with my investments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
czhy20

Activity: 129
Merit: 3

bitrace® | JOIN NOW

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:27:14 PM

When I started dealing with cryptocurrencies, my most fear is to lose my money. There's been a lot of phishing sites and scams everywhere in the internet. I always read the reviews of every website or services that I use and make sure that I enter the correct website.

bitrace®
[ PRE-ICO | Jan 25th - Feb 25th ]
[    ICO    | Feb 25th - Mar 25th ] (http://bitrace-token.com)
vKedax

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:00:07 PM

Like many, I was afraid of losing money. Now I take it more calmly, because there are ups and downs. And if there is a loss of all resources will pass, I'll start again.

sorrowfulnightcries

Activity: 144

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 04:04:41 PM

When you first went head first into the unknown,what were your thoughts? What were you afraid the most?  Huh

I fear of being hacked or unknowingly victimized by a phising sites that will attack me when my investments become more successful. I had a lot of fear the first time I tried cryptocurrencies since I am not techy and well known around the net and about trading. Its a good thing I spend a lot of time here in bitcointalk since I usually got heads up about threats and information that can help my trading ventures.

HoundRogerson

Activity: 226

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:04:57 PM

I was afraid that all this could very quickly end, but I completely changed my mind when I learned about the intricacies of technology and its prospects in the real world

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
webmone

Activity: 287

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:12:28 AM

The fear of being scammed and lose my money. All of these are new to me back then, I fear every transaction I make, and I always pray that my money will arrive to my wallet, I always check every digits of my address before making any transaction even though I just copy pasted it.

I believe I will be not original here. My fears were connected with the money lost. I worried if altcoins I bought that time would grow in future. Thanks God, my first experience was not bad at all, and the profit I got inspired me to go on with crypto.
MaksDM

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 02:08:20 PM

For the first time when I found out about this, I was told that it is possible to earn good money on this, but I did not quite understand how. When I bought different altkoins I thought they would grow up now and I will get my profit, but it was not so simple))
Stanlymaker

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:17:09 PM

Oh, well, most likely the most important fear is ignorance.
I was constantly afraid that I did not know something important, and I was doing something wrong.
I was afraid that because of ignorance I could make serious mistakes and lose all my investments.
 But after a while, when I read many articles, literature, explored the forum, fear retreated.

╔══════╡XZEN | Hardware wallet of the future╞══════╗
░▒▓█ ╠═Twitter══════════╡ INVEST ╞══════════Medium═╣ █▓▒░
╚═Facebook═╡Pre-ICO ▪ November 13 2017╞═Telegram═╝
BeEvil

Activity: 406
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:26:27 PM

I do not know what fears are mentioned here? Fear of being left with nothing? He has retreated after a few mistakes (=
coinoberg

Activity: 105
Merit: 100

Get your share of the future

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:29:39 PM

When you first went head first into the unknown,what were your thoughts? What were you afraid the most?  Huh

I fear of being hacked or unknowingly victimized by a phising sites that will attack me when my investments become more successful. I had a lot of fear the first time I tried cryptocurrencies since I am not techy and well known around the net and about trading. Its a good thing I spend a lot of time here in bitcointalk since I usually got heads up about threats and information that can help my trading ventures.

As far as I read from comments most of us has similar fears. The main fear I have is that next morning I will wake up and see that market has crashed. Second biggest fear is that as you say hackers will hack my wallet and I will lose everything I have.

Thyaga

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:29:45 PM

the first time I know the crypto currency I'm afraid of is the false address of the recipient's wallet and the deposit that is not accepted by the exchange.
Nanoid (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:12:59 PM

the first time I know the crypto currency I'm afraid of is the false address of the recipient's wallet and the deposit that is not accepted by the exchange.

We've all been there I think! Cheesy
yomarve

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 08:30:12 PM

Interestingly I was not afraid of anything. This was because I had a good time spent learning the fundamentals that will drive value in crypto.  My first investment grew astronomically within 3weeks.

after a month I did realized I still had a lot more to learn but I was never scared.

https://cryptotvplus.com
Nanoid (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:49:32 AM

Interestingly I was not afraid of anything. This was because I had a good time spent learning the fundamentals that will drive value in crypto.  My first investment grew astronomically within 3weeks.

after a month I did realized I still had a lot more to learn but I was never scared.

Well, you had a good pick, if you scored on your first investment Smiley
Nanoid (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:52:50 PM

When i first heared about a cryptocurrenciens i have a doubt if i can do it or not.I  can success with world.If I joined campaign If they should pay me for the worked i do

We all have those fears when going head first into unknown hehe Cheesy
rosabella

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:45:06 PM

Because I am a beginner, so there is one thing I fear is I don't know where I can start and many investment strategies.
kim_min888

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:23:43 PM

Honestly speaking, I don't have any fears when I start trading coins in the cryptocurrencies because before I invest I tried to search all the information from youtube so that I don't have any fears .Cryptocurrency is a good investment but it is more risky than other kind of investments . So I think you have to take care and invest intelligently.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:27:38 PM

Fear is real when you are in a corrupt country with corrupt officials, what could happen to me if for instance they try to track money laundering and terrorist in my country. They could at point an innocent guy who own bitcoin as corrupt officials can link a bitcoin guy to terrorism funding. It doesn't matter whether its true or not the only matters to these official is that they get some results to report to the upper officials that they have suspects apprehended.

xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:28:00 PM

The fear is that the coin i choose would become one day worthless. And also the fear that i send the coin to a bad address or get hacked.
The fear to participate in a scam ICO project. And the fear to install some kind of virus.
kim_min888

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:29:18 PM

Honestly speaking, I don't have any fears when I start trading coins in the cryptocurrencies because before I invest I tried to search all the information from youtube so that I don't have any fears .Cryptocurrency is a good investment but it is more risky than other kind of investments . So I think you have to take care and invest intelligently.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: