Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:16:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the monetary models of cryptocurrencies are flawed!  (Read 84 times)
Aleksander Wishman (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:01:39 PM

...if they are to be used for REAL WORLD money transfer and usage!!! Simply the fact that they operate with a limited supply, makes it so... Do you know any fiat-currencies with a limited money supply? No, because that would be just too stupid, right? Well guess what, that's what 99% of the crypto"currencies" use.

A friend of mine has written a piece about how an alternative model may look. Help spread the idea.

https://medium.com/@svein2122/work-backed-blockchain-money-and-decentralised-money-creation-e76886b90c3b
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:07:28 PM

I didn't read the article to be honest.

We have 1,000,000 bits in 1 bitcoin which can be divided up to 8 decimal places (more if needed)
So you see there is no issue at all.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
mrtryonebiggums

Activity: 322
Merit: 111

Revolutionized Rotating Savings & Borrowings

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:51:13 PM

I tried but the math was beyond my level of comprehension but I will say this to your remarks why does there need to be inflation for an economy to succeed? And why do people think having crypto means that fiat money will never exist? I think they will work side by side with each other, but I have no clue which will be the dominating currencies.

webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:13:34 PM

You think limited money concept is flawed? Well, it is best model to adopt for currency operation in the country.
Currently all countries using unlimited money concept where currency is fully/partially/minimum backed by securities like Gold or pegged by Government reserves. But in practice, most of the money drained from economy in the form of Bad Debts because there isn't any scarcity of money. But cryptocurrencies can remove this deficiency and enhance country's situation because every unit is easily accountable and credit situations can easily evaluated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: