Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:25:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum vs. Bitcoin  (Read 489 times)
amitrovich (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 06:38:37 PM

What are the chances Ethereum will surpass Bitcoin by market cap?

Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:41:33 PM

Will not happen. Bitcoin will be the number one forever in the cryptocurrency. As you can see without bitcoin there will be no alt coin. Bitcoin is the pillar and king of Cryptocurrency thus no one can shake its position as the number one.
Mr.Lait

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:46:08 PM

The same thing was said recently about the ripple, bch but where are they now?

didzi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:48:21 PM

Will not happen. Bitcoin will be the number one forever in the cryptocurrency. As you can see without bitcoin there will be no alt coin. Bitcoin is the pillar and king of Cryptocurrency thus no one can shake its position as the number one.

hi budy, few month ago ethereum Marketcap surpass bitcoin marketcap,,
remember marketcap not the price,,
and maybe it will happend again in the future, nothing impossible in crypto world

Koioss

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:52:59 PM

I trust Ethereum very much. It continues to progress with solid steps. But Bitcoin is always number one in this market.
For this reason, I think Ethereum doesn't have a chance to beat Bitcoin.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:04:30 PM

hi budy, few month ago ethereum Marketcap surpass bitcoin marketcap,,
remember marketcap not the price,,
and maybe it will happend again in the future, nothing impossible in crypto world

Hmm as far as i know as the price increases so do the marketcap, afaik this is the current highest price of eth in the moment still bitcoin leads 100B usd marketcap. When the in the past bitcoin's price is not that high still it has the highest marketcap. anyway correct me if im wrong.
amitrovich (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 07:04:55 PM

Reason I'm asking is that Bitcoin whales are obviously diversifying in the last couple of months. Ripple's ascent was the obvious consequence (a few other coins, too). But if you look at real numbers, Bitcoin doesn't do anything any other coin doesn't, while Ethereum is the highest used blockchain. And usage drives value. Just compare the main parameter - number of transactions: https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions and https://etherscan.io/chart/tx. I expect this year a lot of DAPPS based on ETH that were started last year will get into production, and their usage will further enhance the ETH lead (if it manages to scale, of course). I know, there was a lot of talk on this same topic back in June, when ETH reached 0.16 per BTC. But this time ETH has proven usage...

inturist

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:07:30 PM

Everything can be, but it will not just be done. All people know about only Bitcoin, they know that BTC grows and it is very expensive.
If Vitalik makes ETH  so popular and recognizable as BTC then maybe ETH surpass Bitcoin by market cap.
Lyne01

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:11:59 PM

Considering the situation right now, i believe ethereum can surpass bitcoin. In teems of usage, ethereum has many of it. It terms of demands, they both are highly demanding in the crypto world. Ethereums advantage right now is its ability to adopt in many payment situation.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
shouter

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:26:45 PM

I think that Ethereum can surpass Bitcoin ( market cap ), but it will not be an easy task, because I believe there are a very large number of people who know and trust Bitcoin but even knowing Ethereum does not have enough confidence to invest.
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:51:02 PM

ETH cannot surpass BTC. However, NEO can surpass ETH. So, I am keeping NEO for the long term, for BTC, I am not sure, it is not stable at all.
Nukleo

Activity: 425

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:51:45 PM

The ethereum is not yet immune from the numerous shortcomings that are inherent in bitcoin, for example, the problem of scaling.
sharted

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:56:46 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 04:47:45 PM by sharted

ETH cannot surpass BTC. However, NEO can surpass ETH. So, I am keeping NEO for the long term, for BTC, I am not sure, it is not stable at all.

I will suggest you Bitcoin,it always best compared to any of altcoin ,even an Ethereum.Ethereum is best for long term profit, if you are investing for your future means go with Ethereum then bitcoin.Y ou will get some more dollars for less investments.

Aljay7

Activity: 156

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:10:44 PM

Bitcoin is always on top compared to Ethereum but if we on possibilities that Ethereum surpass Bitcoin it would be hard to believe because Bitcoin is more popular.
amitrovich (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 08:22:04 PM

But blockchain is not about the kings. It's completely opposite - about de-centralizing. A lot of people moved to BitcoinCash already. Again, main parameter - usage, ETH is far ahead for some time now, and that is adding value with every day.

Goldberg007

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:24:43 PM

Ethereum cannot surpass bitcoin.Bitcoin is always on top.Bitcoin is the leader of all coins.Ethereum is good for long term Investment.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1664

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:29:49 PM

If ever Ethereum can surpass it will take years and serious investors moving their funds and shifting to Ethereum. And I don't think that they will do that. They become rich because they are not dumb.

Look at Ripple, they said that they will overtook bitcoin, but what happened? When it reaches top price, investors suddenly dumping it and take the profit and invest on other coins like bitcoin and Ethereum. It could be Ethereum vs other altcoins.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
cryptomema

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:32:38 PM

These two major crypto coins is different with each other,but they share the same problem.First the blocksize second slow transaction confirmation and third congested network if ethereum can resolve the BTC's network disadvantages surely in the future ethereum can surpass BTC but if eth cant do that no it will never reach BTC.

leezay

Activity: 363

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:38:23 PM

Bitcoin is the most popular name, when it comes to crypto currencies. I don't think Ethereum is near half popular. Bitcoin has been attacked many times, but always come back stronger.
I don't think Ethereum will surpass Bitcoin any time soon.

GhostWithin

Activity: 644
Merit: 145

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:56:08 PM

BTC will be number one for a long time, but ETH has very good changes to be strong number two.
Somebody says that NEO can surpass ETH. I belive in NEO, but it's too much to it. It's unreal in near future.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: