Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:03:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I challenge any of you to explain this to me  (Read 123 times)
retooled (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:10:39 PM

I get the cryptocoins that are "currency" or a store of value model.

I get the investment side as far as the coins increasing and decreasing in value in the markets.

What no one can explain or give an example of is how these "coins" or algorithms can be practically applied n the real world.

Any algorithm that uses a coin to run the network would wind up costing the consumer more if the value increases.
Any company that takes the coin as a form of payment loses money when the value decreases.

I am fascinated by the technology and the investment side is pretty easy to understand, but how it translates into real world implementation that generates money I do not understand.

Reading all the white papers and researching all the problems each "coin" is going to solve is great, but Im having a difficult time seeing how the investment side and the practical application side of these coins are married. 

Absolutely nobody wants to answer this question.

Please someone give any example of a coins value increasing and the cost to the consumer does not change.

If consumer A needs 4 eth to close a transaction with business B, then 2 days later ETH increases in value, how does consumer C close the same transaction with business B for the same price?

cryptomema

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:40:57 PM

I get the cryptocoins that are "currency" or a store of value model.

I get the investment side as far as the coins increasing and decreasing in value in the markets.

What no one can explain or give an example of is how these "coins" or algorithms can be practically applied n the real world.

Any algorithm that uses a coin to run the network would wind up costing the consumer more if the value increases.
Any company that takes the coin as a form of payment loses money when the value decreases.

I am fascinated by the technology and the investment side is pretty easy to understand, but how it translates into real world implementation that generates money I do not understand.

Reading all the white papers and researching all the problems each "coin" is going to solve is great, but Im having a difficult time seeing how the investment side and the practical application side of these coins are married. 

Absolutely nobody wants to answer this question.

Please someone give any example of a coins value increasing and the cost to the consumer does not change.

If consumer A needs 4 eth to close a transaction with business B, then 2 days later ETH increases in value, how does consumer C close the same transaction with business B for the same price?

I too dont understand why people are getting involve with these altcoins who doesnt have any use at all.especially XRP which is just another shitcoin created by the bankers to your question,Consumer C would require less amount of ETH than Consumer A's transcation because the price fluctuated and if we are speaking in satoshis.

retooled (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:56:36 PM

Right I get that one pays more when the value changes, but what consumer is going to use a product where the cost to use changes so rapidly??
I can not think of any products where today you pay 10% more than yesterday for the same thing.

What business would accept a payment where the value of the payment can swing so rapidly?

I do not really care about what coins are shit or not, they all claim to solve some problem. But the better the coins do value wise in the market the less attractive they become to use in the real world. So at some point why would there be any money invested in any of this?

Im not trolling I really want someone to provide an answer to this.

noloco

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BLOCKCHAIN VERIFIED PRODUCT REVIEWS PLATFORM

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:03:28 PM

In that scenario the use for the coin or token would be as medium of transaction not to store value short term in a volatile market. Then the price would be a signal of utility to transfer value for the users.

retooled (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:08:45 PM

Thanks for the reply.

But if it is a medium for the transaction, it still would cost more, the more the coin costs to acquire right?

At some point a consumer needs to "buy" coins to transact.

With the rapidly changing value of the coins I just do not see how this gets implemented real world style!!

You almost have to separate the value of the coin from the function of the coin. I do not think that value and function can coexist if the markets have such large changes in value.

cryptospear

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:45:09 PM

Right I get that one pays more when the value changes, but what consumer is going to use a product where the cost to use changes so rapidly??
I can not think of any products where today you pay 10% more than yesterday for the same thing.

What business would accept a payment where the value of the payment can swing so rapidly?

I do not really care about what coins are shit or not, they all claim to solve some problem. But the better the coins do value wise in the market the less attractive they become to use in the real world. So at some point why would there be any money invested in any of this?

Im not trolling I really want someone to provide an answer to this.

Yes you are right, theres no such thing that you will pay for with that volatile price actions,but thats the risk you need to learn and understand here in crypto where the digital currencies has high price volatility compare to the other's like fx and stockexchange.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◆      P L A Z A      ◆  ◆  ◆  ◆       The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]       PRE-SALE Starts    │    March 15th, 2018       [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM   GITHUB   MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   TWITTER   FLIPBOARD   REDDIT   LINKEDIN   FACEBOOK   EMAIL
retooled (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:47:21 PM

So if no one is going to "pay" for it due to the volatility then why are we all investing in it?
What are we actually investing in if no one will use any of this?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: