Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:30:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: De-diversify portfolio?  (Read 195 times)
Visiax (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:52:31 PM

Dear all,

Over the past few weeks I've been researching and buying different altcoins. To the point where I'm thinking I might be in too much different projects.
So, two questions I'm currently struggling with and I would really appreciate your view on:
1) Would you sell off some coins?
2) Which ones would you divest & which one to increase instead?

I really appreciate all input!

My current holdings (from high to low):
- Oyster Pearl (PRL)
- High Performance Blockchain (HPB)
- Payfair (PFR)
- Elixir (ELIX)
- Hush
- Publica (PBL)
- Sumo
- Ellaism (ELLA)
- BLUE
- SONM
- Raiblocks (XRB)
- Opus
- Colx (just in case)
- Unify
- Datum
cheesebaby

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:33:48 AM

I'd probably reduce the list from 15 to 10

I'd sell off Sumo (it doesn't offer anything new over Monero), and replace it with SpectreCoin, a PoS privacy coin with 5% annual staking rewards, with Tor + obfuscation (works in Tor blocked countries), ring signatures (untraceable transactions), and a roadmap to update the wallet to 1.3.5 over the next few days, followed by mobile wallet, default stealth addresses and stealth staking (crypto first) by Q2 2018.

I'd probably also sell of Oysterl Pearl, as it has increased by multiples very recently, and Opus (I'm not convinced by what they're trying to do)
Phattydeluxe

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:01:26 AM

I'd probably reduce the list from 15 to 10

I'd sell off Sumo (it doesn't offer anything new over Monero), and replace it with SpectreCoin, a PoS privacy coin with 5% annual staking rewards, with Tor + obfuscation (works in Tor blocked countries), ring signatures (untraceable transactions), and a roadmap to update the wallet to 1.3.5 over the next few days, followed by mobile wallet, default stealth addresses and stealth staking (crypto first) by Q2 2018.

I'd probably also sell of Oysterl Pearl, as it has increased by multiples very recently, and Opus (I'm not convinced by what they're trying to do)

I second this advice into reducing the holdings... a bit too many coins for my taste.  Hard to have them all in the green at the same time. I also agree on SpectreCoin (XSPEC) as an undervalued privacy currency vs Sumo.  I like you have a good percentage of Elixir!
Germining

Activity: 778
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:47:59 PM

And? Did you sell your Sumo? This was the one of your pf I'd hodl for good  Roll Eyes

Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions
Private • Untraceable • Decentralized • Fungible
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:10:04 PM

I think your picks are wrong, you pick at the wrong side of the market, only one or two project can I say will make it long term, just because people are suggesting and hyping a tokens doesn't mean you too should be buying into them, you need to spread the risk between high cap and low cap project and with this you should be fine
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:55:30 PM

Wow, so many new names for me. However, I would not be holding so many tokens as you. I prefer do diversify portfolio with some stable picks
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:45:06 PM

You are holding alot of shitcoins. Clear them from your portfolio soon. My advise is to clear atleast 50% of them and invest in top 50 or even top 100 coins. You are expecting high returns from them but you are taking unimaginable risk holding them.

Blah blah
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:48:35 PM

My logic has always been that having small amounts in lots of different assets helps diversify and thus mitigates risk. It does, sort of. I'm getting to the point too where I own tooany coins to follow the community all the time and I miss out on key I formation. I may bring my portfolio down to 5-8 tokens just to keep things simple, and have higher stakes in projects that I truly believe in.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1256

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:12:56 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 07:33:34 PM by aoluain

I cannot advise on any of the coins in your portfolio. Bear in mind nobody can
tell you for sure which one will increase or not. Its a tricky question.
You could sell off a number of them and they could increase, and others you hold
could go nowhere. That is the market we are in.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
justin86

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:12:15 PM

I think your portfolio is very high risky, you might end up with lots of profit or nothing. You should diversify in a manner such 50% for less risky coins and 50% for these ones, you should be well off anyway.

matthewoz101

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:28:15 PM

Dear all,

Over the past few weeks I've been researching and buying different altcoins. To the point where I'm thinking I might be in too much different projects.
So, two questions I'm currently struggling with and I would really appreciate your view on:
1) Would you sell off some coins?
2) Which ones would you divest & which one to increase instead?

I really appreciate all input!

My current holdings (from high to low):
- Oyster Pearl (PRL)
- High Performance Blockchain (HPB)
- Payfair (PFR)
- Elixir (ELIX)
- Hush
- Publica (PBL)
- Sumo
- Ellaism (ELLA)
- BLUE
- SONM
- Raiblocks (XRB)
- Opus
- Colx (just in case)
- Unify
- Datum

PRL is an excellent choice. Continue holding until the airdrop to be safe. Dump it as soon as your PRL is counted for the airdrop and buy back in when the price goes down. I would sell ELIX as soon as you have double or  triple of your investment. I don't see it going too far. I'm holding COLX just in case. They need more exchanges and it may increase. It's just a community/privacy coin, so you may want to sell when it starts pumping. XRB is a good ay trading coin. There's a lot of speculation from their recent tweets showing the mobile wallet transfer. I would day trade XRB and if you mess up, invest into TRX or OCN. OCN is a sleeping giant because it'll be integrated into Obike this month and Grab in a couple months. TRX is realeasing the main net in a couple months and the livestream with Justin and Yi gave me a lot of confidence in their project. TRX will be in the top 10 coins by the end of 2018 easily.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:31:59 PM

A question to ask and to consider is:
Is Bitcoin going to offer a higher return than any of the coins in the OP's portfolio combined?
What about trading all bar 5 into Bitcoin and hodl for medium to long term.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:47:36 PM

Any serious portfolio is 80% invested in Bitcoin and 20% invested in alts. I know most noobs don't like this because they dream with making it big by buying something that's really cheap, but that's the reality of things, most alt are scams.

If I wanted to be more risky, I would be at least 50% Bitcoin and 50% alts, 20% would consist on higher risk alts. Some projects I like are Poswallet (now known as Stakenet). I think it will go to all time highs this year.

Less risky alts could be Litecoin and Monero, and even Decred.

Im not sure about the rest of the projects, I don't have the time to research alts anymore. Just don't lose your BTC because long term BTC is going to outperform all alts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: