Bitcoin Forum
September 07, 2024, 08:10:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardware to mine ethereum  (Read 214 times)
SunsetWaves (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:36:26 PM

Which is the best hardware to mine ethereum ? i think that ethereum will reach 2000$

Fbo62

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:44:56 PM

Radeon RX 480 has cheap power at 40 cents a day and makes 1.2$ a day and it costs 199 dollars. the one that I said is the best bang for your buck if you want to get a nice gpu with a nice profit Smiley
vpnvetal

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:20:28 AM

Which is the best hardware to mine ethereum ? i think that ethereum will reach 2000$

Motherboard Asus Prime Z270-P for 8 GPU
CPU Intel Pentium G4600
RAM Goodram DDR4-2400
SSD Kingston SSDNow UV400 120GB 2.5" SATAIII TLC
2x750W Power Supply
8xGPU rx 470 or rx 480 or rx 570 or rx 580
8xPCI Riser
2xM.2 Riser

This is a reliable equipment
Druiz287

Activity: 56
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:49:49 AM

I personally use a few GTX 1070s for mining ethereum.  I can undervolt them to use only 105 watts and speed up the memory clock just a tiny bit to pull right at 30 MH/s.  I was able to buy a couple of the EVGA hybrids which use an awesome watercooling system, and they hold up very well.  Be warned that if you want to get into ethereum mining there is a little bit more knowledge necessary.  Its not as simple as purchasing an ASIC miner and plugging it in.  There are sourcing issues as most GPUs are scarce to find, limited to purchase quantities, and overpriced at today's demand.  Then you need a bit of knowledge in building computers to get everything going, but I've found that the best bundles are from GPUSHACK, so you don't have to search high and low to get all your parts.  Then you need to figure out how to build a rig to support them in a way to promote heat dispersion and airflow for temperature control.  Plus the fact of tweaking your settings constantly to get the least possible power consumption with the highest possible profit return.  I don't know if my passion comes through my post as it does in real life, but to me its actually more fun building the systems than running them.  You have to start somewhere!
Druiz287

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:31:39 AM

Figure out how many cards you are going to run first.  Then go to GPUSHACK and buy a bundle that includes a motherboard, cpu, ram, and ssd.  Then all you need to buy are the actual cards, the generic pci-e risers, and a power supply capable of running that many cards.  You can do extensive research on the different motherboards and rams and ssds and cpus and drive yourself crazy with combinations and cost analysis like I did for a long time.  But its much easier to get the bundle pack from GPUSHACK, and start mining ASAP.
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:14:22 AM

Great!

Can you please give us list of all recommended devices for a beginner to build a mining rig?

Thanks!!

Cards can be hard to find right now so keep a lookout and order what you can for the remaining hardware while its in stock.  Hopefully there will be a restock of cards in the next few weeks.

https://theminerhub.com/mining/newbie-guide-part-3-amd-edition/
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 02:16:07 AM

Radeon RX 480 has cheap power at 40 cents a day and makes 1.2$ a day and it costs 199 dollars. the one that I said is the best bang for your buck if you want to get a nice gpu with a nice profit Smiley

rx 480 for 199$ Huh where did you see that ? could you order for me a 1000x  rx480 for that price ?
Provide us a link for what you saying please

"cheap power at 40 cents" how the hell did you get that numbers ? everyone paying a different kw/$ price Smiley

You totally have no idea what you are talking about !!!

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:54:29 PM

Etherium mining hardware is Radeon hardware, exclude Vega cards. Vega for cryptonight.
AMD cards can dual mining.
Only what you need buy 4gb cards

BTC22

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:34:00 PM

I personally use a few GTX 1070s for mining ethereum.  I can undervolt them to use only 105 watts and speed up the memory clock just a tiny bit to pull right at 30 MH/s.  I was able to buy a couple of the EVGA hybrids which use an awesome watercooling system, and they hold up very well.  Be warned that if you want to get into ethereum mining there is a little bit more knowledge necessary.  Its not as simple as purchasing an ASIC miner and plugging it in.  There are sourcing issues as most GPUs are scarce to find, limited to purchase quantities, and overpriced at today's demand.  Then you need a bit of knowledge in building computers to get everything going, but I've found that the best bundles are from GPUSHACK, so you don't have to search high and low to get all your parts.  Then you need to figure out how to build a rig to support them in a way to promote heat dispersion and airflow for temperature control.  Plus the fact of tweaking your settings constantly to get the least possible power consumption with the highest possible profit return.  I don't know if my passion comes through my post as it does in real life, but to me its actually more fun building the systems than running them.  You have to start somewhere!

Could you PM me? I have a few questions with ETH and Nidvias.
Druiz287

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:32:52 PM

Could you PM me? I have a few questions with ETH and Nidvias.

Sure.  Send me any questions you have and I’d be happy to help.  Or if you think others can benefit from our conversations we can keep them in the thread for everyone to look at.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: