Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:08:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asus RX 570 ROG-STRIX 4G GAMING capability?  (Read 282 times)
kiskivancsi (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:44:36 PM

Hey, I have one of these cards and no matter what I do, I can't get it above 25 MH/s on eth. (blockchain driver = 22 MH, blockchain+OC+bios mod = 25)
This is the 4G version I'm talking about, I know the O4G can do 29/30.
Anybody with better results with this card?
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HodlerBaggins

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:27:13 AM

I have the OC variant and I'm really disappointed with the hashrate.  Lost the Silicon lottery on all of mine. 

I undervolt the crap out of them because the default bios is 150 tdp (w) and they use crazy power if you don't.  I'm getting about 26 Mh/s at ~130 watts.

I'm done buying high end ASUS cards.  The ones I've got just suck at mining compared to other high end brands, despite the good reputation of the ASUS RoG brand.
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:29:20 AM

Hey, I have one of these cards and no matter what I do, I can't get it above 25 MH/s on eth. (blockchain driver = 22 MH, blockchain+OC+bios mod = 25)

did you give other different miners a try?
sometimes eminer or ethminer and other ethash miner can provide a little bit more hashrates
nasopraso

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:31:57 PM

I have exact the same... OC vers

ETH dual - 28,8 mh/s - 1000 W
Cryptonight - 890 h/s - 6 gpu 700 W

I have 12 cards and they are working as a charm  Smiley
HodlerBaggins

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:00:50 AM

I have exact the same... OC vers

ETH dual - 28,8 mh/s - 1000 W
Cryptonight - 890 h/s - 6 gpu 700 W

I have 12 cards and they are working as a charm  Smiley

I'm getting 28+ if I go up to 150+ watts I guess too.  The cards hash fine, they just don't have a good Mhs/Watt for Dagger compared to my other cards.

They use too much power and don't come with additional hash power to compensate.  Better for Cryptonight than Dagger for sure.

I also have a RoG Strix 1080 ti and it overclocks for shit compared to some other high end brands.  I guess they probably bin the Posieden for their best silicon.
LearningGuy

Activity: 69

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:53:55 PM

I have one that hits 26 single and 24 dual with bios but can not OC no matter what I do, then another that does 28 dual mining and 29 single on eth. The one with 26 has constant OpenCL which is odd to me considering the card isn’t OC at all.

I use claymore and Blockchain
androstan1234

Activity: 251
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:01:07 PM

I'm using these exact cards and getting 28.5-29 mhs in claymore, pulling 100-110 watts from the wall each.
androstan1234

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:03:57 PM

Why would OC vs. non-OC matter?  Higher clockspeed shouldn't have a dramatic effect on hashrate, like from 25 to 29.
Auponef

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:10:50 PM

I'm using these exact cards and getting 28.5-29 mhs in claymore, pulling 100-110 watts from the wall each.

That is very power efficient. I believe.
androstan1234

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:19:37 PM

That is very power efficient. I believe.

Yeah.  I've found that lowering cclock as much as possible helps you undervolt a little more and draw less power.  I'm really happy with the efficiency.

Edit:  I'm also using titanium PSUs operating at 40-50 percent of capacity, which helps.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:37:16 PM

I have same variant and is in my most under performing rig compared to Sapphire version of RX 570. I downloaded all possible Bios files from anorach tech as modifying it with PBE wouldn't work strangely. Max I have pulled out is a stable 28.1 Mhash rate, with 29.2 and up it would crash after some hours. Try different bioses you can find in Anorach tech website until you get at least 28 Mhash, this card is capable of running stable at this hashrate and if you want to experiment or are not afraid of frequent rig crashes, you can go up to 30 Mhash with this one.

https://ufile.io/h8a9f

Link to BIOS1

https://ufile.io/krxki

Link to BIOS2

https://ufile.io/rz4fg

Link to BIOS3

https://ufile.io/p72la

Link to BIOS4

All bios for HYNIX memory of the GPU-s.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:19:25 AM

I have same variant and is in my most under performing rig compared to Sapphire version of RX 570. I downloaded all possible Bios files from anorach tech as modifying it with PBE wouldn't work strangely.
your ways to modification your GPU bios less precise. every card has a different bios version. if you're using downloaded 'mod bios' from somewhere that didn't use the original bios of your card.
it will make your system unstable and may damage your card. you can do standard mod bios using newest of PBE with one click, and the rest key is tune it with the right settings, will be safer.
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:25:58 AM

I have a few brands of this card version, all of the card running with 28 Mhs with MOD and OC. am using Pbe 1.6.2, it will copy strap 1750 and more stable on my experience.
LearningGuy

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:04:08 PM

I have one that hits 26 single and 24 dual with bios but can not OC no matter what I do, then another that does 28 dual mining and 29 single on eth. The one with 26 has constant OpenCL which is odd to me considering the card isn’t OC at all.

Update. I’m now getting 25.9 and 27.9 dual mining xvg with a -decri 44 and about 2.5Gh on XVG - they at 1150 and 1900. The 25 one i can’t turn the power down on as the hash drops further to 24.3 - just seems like a step child card.

On single mode I’m getting 28.1 and 29 respectively.

I did the single click bios for both
NateDoggETH

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:28:10 PM

Update. I’m now getting 25.9 and 27.9 dual mining xvg with a -decri 44 and about 2.5Gh on XVG - they at 1150 and 1900. The 25 one i can’t turn the power down on as the hash drops further to 24.3 - just seems like a step child card.

On single mode I’m getting 28.1 and 29 respectively.

I did the single click bios for both

I have 4 of these cards and they are all pulling 29.5mh/s (average) and approx. 110-120 at the wall. I am using a server power supply now to power them but it was the same hash rate when they were on an ATX PSU. I use OverdriveNtool to set the overclocks and lower the voltage on these and MSI after burner to control fans. seems to be the solution for me to get all the cards to be maxed out.

I set the fan speeds before I run the mining program and then I run my .bat file for the overclock settings. mining.help will walk you through this if you need it.
LearningGuy

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:29:18 PM

Please share your settings. Very keen to get more 🙂
LearningGuy

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:30:28 AM

Natedogg, Thanks for sharing - wish I had found mining.help when I built my little rig. Fantastic end to end tutorial. Will use it on the next one. Will update on new hashrates by end of weekend. Hopefully I look similar to you.
agismaniax

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:41:20 AM

did you use power limit -10 or more?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: