Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 07:53:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Garlicoin - what do you think?  (Read 499 times)
aWqeGOZH4 (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:53:57 PM

Hey,

recently, while browsing reddit, I found out about Garlicoin. (https://www.reddit.com/r/garlicoin/).
Basically, Garlicoin is a crypto forked from Litecoin. As the name suggests, the coin as well as the community is 100% focussed on garlic bread & garlic bread memes.

At first this sounds pretty stupid and hllarious, but keep in mind what happened to Dogecoin.. Its development to the state and valuation it has today was mainly driven by the reddit community.

What do you think?

luca1073

Activity: 222
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:08:24 PM

Hey,

recently, while browsing reddit, I found out about Garlicoin. (https://www.reddit.com/r/garlicoin/).
Basically, Garlicoin is a crypto forked from Litecoin. As the name suggests, the coin as well as the community is 100% focussed on garlic bread & garlic bread memes.

At first this sounds pretty stupid and hllarious, but keep in mind what happened to Dogecoin.. Its development to the state and valuation it has today was mainly driven by the reddit community.

What do you think?

only 69.000.000 coins will be issued!!!
Xpod78

Activity: 443
Merit: 251

Hey there :D

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:43:53 AM

Hey,

What do you think?

Interesting coin.. lol don't think it will go anywhere though.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:51:38 AM

Will it keep away Vampires?

Xpod78

Activity: 443
Merit: 251

Hey there :D

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:17:08 AM

Will it keep away Vampires?
This man is asking the real questions.
mobomofo

Activity: 88
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:23:09 AM

Hey,

What do you think?

Doge is cool though - they sponsored a NASCAR amongst other things. Also they were in the top 10 coins to begin with. This is coming when there are over 1300+ coins and counting. Also reddit has its own fledgling coin - REDD. This is a different time, Doge is the copper to litecoins silver and that's what makes doge doge.
btcCoincart

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:24:35 AM

Anything new about this coin? I try to research but not much news talking about it Smiley
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:48:21 PM

With onion and garlic on board crypto world seems all set to cook up a storm! On a serious note though, it is still too soon to decide!
vaughn125

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:57:27 PM

Hey,

What do you think?

Not that i am being negative or something.
I would actually love to be wrong about this feeling but, in my homest opinion, i really do think that we are way past these kinds of sht. Seriously. Because as what i have seen in the past till today, i really do not think that this idea will still sell. I meam, look at dogecoin now. Being pumped like it isn't obvious. Plus the chucktoken. I think people are way too mature now to even think of investing in such a project that doesn't contribute anything to the world. Let alone the crypto world. But hey, who am i to tell? I too am new in the crypto world. So...
steadyrice

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:04:38 PM

Hey,

What do you think?

Doge is cool though - they sponsored a NASCAR amongst other things. Also they were in the top 10 coins to begin with. This is coming when there are over 1300+ coins and counting. Also reddit has its own fledgling coin - REDD. This is a different time, Doge is the copper to litecoins silver and that's what makes doge doge.

But in terms of how they started out, they are pretty much the same. Dogecoin started with doge memes and garlicoin with garlic bread memes. You have to keep in mind that reddit is actually a big community. And if they can get people interested in the coin to the extent that the snowball effect starts happening, garlicoin may take off a little bit as well. But you shouldn't invest your life savings in it, obviously, it is a meme coin after all.

Mang Li

Activity: 327

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:11:04 PM

litecoin fork, ? if this true i'd like to invest in
but, where is the site or others info about this coin ? maybe announcements thread in this forum will be good

plasmodesmata

Activity: 403
Merit: 109

my Beans can beat your Beans in a fight

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:38:32 PM

With onion and garlic on board crypto world seems all set to cook up a storm! On a serious note though, it is still too soon to decide!

...and plenty of Beans. emanations galore!
but Garlic is POW. I'm wondering if its worth it to reorient mining rig.
CutoutIsTaken

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:18:44 PM

I mean, it seems like a standard meme coin, but it's worth more than two dollars a coin already, so it's doing pretty well. I've heard about it in a few different places, so it has pretty wide publicity. It might do pretty well.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:27:05 PM

Personaly I dodn't get the point of this coin. As it stated on the website it is a memecoin and it have to somehow revolutionize the memcoin market. Dogecoin for example had doges that are attractive by default but there is nothing interesting here. Garlicoin only have Reddit and Slack (no bitcointalk and no telegram is a bad sign). IMO there is a high chance that this coin won't be noticed by the community and its volume will get down to 0.
aWqeGOZH4 (OP)

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:57:53 PM

Personaly I dodn't get the point of this coin. As it stated on the website it is a memecoin and it have to somehow revolutionize the memcoin market. Dogecoin for example had doges that are attractive by default but there is nothing interesting here. Garlicoin only have Reddit and Slack (no bitcointalk and no telegram is a bad sign). IMO there is a high chance that this coin won't be noticed by the community and its volume will get down to 0.

Let's be honest. Out of the approximately 100 new coins that get announced every day, how many of these do at least promise to "revolutionize" the crypto market? And out of these, how many really achieve what they promise to do?
So from that perspective I dont see any 'deep red' flags. At least there is a developer developing the coin and the code itself is not a 1:1 copy of some other shitcoin.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:33:57 PM

Is this supposed to be a joke competitor to deeponion?
I doubt garlicoin is going to be as successful as either deeponion or dogecoin unless there is a huge marketing campaign and enough love of garlic which i don't think there is. No harm in trying though, you never know your luck - spread some fomo and keep shilling!

ELOCIN

Activity: 276
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:35:42 AM

I think Garlicoin is also a good project and has the potential to burst in the future.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
dimon01

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:53:11 PM

There are a lot of talks on Twitter about this fork. Although the issue of coins is small, but I think the course has all chances for a large pamp.    
Nukleo

Activity: 425
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:12:17 PM

This altcoin deserves attention, especially when you consider how young he is.
renaldn

Activity: 147
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:46:07 PM

Where have you seen a Slack for this coin? Can you share the info? Tx!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: