Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:10:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommendations on btc and eth  (Read 296 times)
funkyvlad (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 12:16:47 AM

I have 500$ USD I want to spend in either ETH or BTC...... any suggestions at the current price and or events?

Relatively new on this so please bear with me
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:21:49 AM

I have 500$ USD I want to spend in either ETH or BTC...... any suggestions at the current price and or events?

Don't invest quite yet and get more comfortable with the market and concepts that exist within the crypto community before you go off and start trying to invest everywhere. I can't tell you what to do with your money so take my comments with a grain of salt but I recommend that you don't try to make money by just dumping it in and hoping it sticks.

Look at the markets in your area, look at the market right now and identify the trends, feel confident with your investment. There's a lot more information available right now compared to when I started with Bitcoin. Google is your friend and I almost guarantee any questions you have will have been asked and answered before.
Neo2018

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:22:22 AM

I am sure this are the best investement for me at this moment.!
BTC HOLD + adding capp.

i think this capp can go to 20 usd +. it have very low supply.
raven.tiu17

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:27:45 AM

I read some news that the central banks urge everyone to hold bitcoin and ethereum. so i'm gonna buy both of this coin specially Ethereum which is very chearp compare to bitcoin. so a 50-50 holdlings.
funkyvlad (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 12:53:04 AM

I read some news that the central banks urge everyone to hold bitcoin and ethereum. so i'm gonna buy both of this coin specially Ethereum which is very chearp compare to bitcoin. so a 50-50 holdlings.

Link?

Don't invest quite yet and get more comfortable with the market and concepts that exist within the crypto community before you go off and start trying to invest everywhere. I can't tell you what to do with your money so take my comments with a grain of salt but I recommend that you don't try to make money by just dumping it in and hoping it sticks.

Look at the markets in your area, look at the market right now and identify the trends, feel confident with your investment. There's a lot more information available right now compared to when I started with Bit[Suspicious link removed]gle is your friend and I almost guarantee any questions you have will have been asked and answered before.

I understand this part, however I meant I understand the market to an extent. I just wanted to ask around this forum to see people's opinions on which market they think may flourish relative to another.

For instance, if I invested 25% of it into eth (which is relatively high rn but also not stopping) would that be worth it or rather should I just forget eth at this moment and rather invest that 25% into something like btc which is somewhat decreasing.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:20:44 AM

ETH is the better deal and it's price does not spike as much as BTC plus they offer a service to
other alt coins and that makes the money from gas

Ripple i think is the safe long term bet because they will ride out government regulations much
better than anyone else and no one can fork ripple can they now !

Segwit2x goes live today so I wonder how well that will do

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
funkyvlad (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 01:28:55 AM

ETH is the better deal and it's price does not spike as much as BTC plus they offer a service to

Ripple i think is the safe long term bet because they will ride out government regulations much

I'm gonna stay away from the majority of altcoins (other than the bigger name ones), as a lot of altcoins can be considered pump and dumps
Scallywag

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:06:01 AM

I'm gonna stay away from the majority of altcoins (other than the bigger name ones), as a lot of altcoins can be considered pump and dumps
That is true there are a majority of coins where the volume doesn't make sense . But if you know what you are doing you can have some big gains in low marketcap altcoin.
Suharti12

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:08:54 AM

If I personally I prefer to invest in ETH, because the price is still relatively cheap compared to bitcoin, and we still can get multiple benefits, it's just my advice.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
DIAH PERMATASARI

Activity: 246

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:14:11 AM

if you want to hear my suggestion try to buy bitcoin just because now the bitcoin the price again down, we know that bitcoin fee is big, but fast in transacting if ethereum now price again high so, better bitcoin just your money in use
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:16:43 AM

in the meantime, I do not advise you. if you look at prices and growth, of course BTC better to invest, but the price is too expensive. and ETH is good, but I see that ETH can still be controlled by bitcoin, and not yet have a good plan. so the price can not be stable.
but today, maybe ETH is easier and cheaper to be an investment.
Bdstar

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:32:02 AM

I would like to suggest you buying Ethereum for the future purpose, day by day the importance of ETH is increasing and the price also getting higher and higher. In the meantime, you can buy a couple of ETH that will bring you to a large amount of profit.
I think ETH could be a safe and sound investment for the future purpose, besides Bitcoin, ETH also a great coin for the blockchain system.
funkyvlad (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 02:44:37 AM

I would like to suggest you buying Ethereum for the future purpose, day by day the importance of ETH is increasing and the price also getting higher and higher. In the meantime, you can buy a couple of ETH that will bring you to a large amount of profit.
I think ETH could be a safe and sound investment for the future purpose, besides Bitcoin, ETH also a great coin for the blockchain system.

That's what worries me rn, I believe ETH is greatly affected by the price of BTC. Currently ETH is increasing while BTC is declining, but a lot of people/threads say they normally correlate to an extent. Would that mean ETH would decrease within the next few weeks or days?
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:48:22 AM

ETH or BTC I think is the same.
ETH is unstable and the price depends on BTC, but ETH is cheap, so I think ETH is better. ETH is waiting for a chance from BTC. if BTC rises, then ETH will also rise, and you will benefit.
Shirin16

Activity: 254

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:50:29 AM

Bitcoin or ETH, I think both of them can provide something promising in the future.
invest in both .. but my suggestion at this time ETH will be better than bitcoin to invest .. because ETH currently very incentive in doing development.

christina30

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:52:51 AM

Will if want to hold your money to a long term choice bitcoin but if you want to invest in a ico or trading i rather choice ethereum.For me ethereum transaction is very fast not like bitcoin it take hours to recieve.Just pick wise
AfterTheFork

Activity: 203
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:53:55 AM

I suggest you to go all in with Ether, the future is Ether, BTC is being manipulated since a long time from now and I don't see success on it for small investments.

ripaex (https://ripaex.io/)
Marketplace
Kravious

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:05:16 AM

I would suggest studying the market at first, since both cryptocurrency is very volatile. While at it, you can go to bittrex or binance and study the markets. However if you opt to just HODL and wait for the increase in value, you have to read the trend whether it is going down or going up. Buy low, sell high.
ir.yance

Activity: 354

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:05:59 AM

I can not advise you, just I da little advice if you want to get the benefits of buying all coin whose price is still low and there is going to be rising weeks, months, or years ,,
kilojay

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:13:06 AM

Read the white paper on both coins and pick which one you feel comfortable with.  For example if you feel very strongly about application software ethereum is probably a better choice but if your more concerned about big banks and rich folks taking advantage of the poor then maybe bitcoin is a better choice for you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: